Might and Magic 7 skills mod!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Might and Magic 7 skills mod!

Unread postby asterix15 » 04 Sep 2007, 18:12

This mod changes the skills of all available classes (knight, druid etc) in might and magic 7.

(I have also included the skill-editor made by versenwald)

Open MoD.rar - extract all files to your might and magic 7 folder. (example C:\Program Files\3DO\MM7)

Have Fun.

Oh yes.. here is the skill table!

Download link - MOD

http://rapidshare.com/files/53501225/MoD.rar.html
Last edited by asterix15 on 05 Sep 2007, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Sep 2007, 19:22

I downloaded, and want to edit the skills myself, but the utility complains that my MM7.exe is too small. (It's the latest, patched version). Why?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Sep 2007, 19:24

Please tell us how to use the skill editor! What is the correct offset to use in ski_edit.ini file?

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 04 Sep 2007, 19:32

DiD you extract all of the Skill editor files to your MM7 directory?

You could also download the latest version of the skill editor from this site. maybe it works O_o

The Skill editor

http://www.blimix.com/mm7/Ski_Edit.zip

The site

http://www.blimix.com/mm7/

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Sep 2007, 19:38

Anyway, the MM7.exe you supplied seems to work allright, and that one works with the editor.

Thanks a lot! Now I can finally import my custom skill chart that I had wrote on paper for years!

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 04 Sep 2007, 19:40

Your welcome! :-D

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Sep 2007, 19:43

The problem, it seems, is that I'm the only human alive who plays MM7 WITHOUT Mok's Patch. It causes problems with my Win 98.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Sep 2007, 21:04

i'm done!
Here's my own bin file, for those curious to see it.

http://pages.infinit.net/plague/undeadhalforc.bin

Asterix, I did look at your table, and a few comments:

1) Why did you make the thief able to learn fire and earth but not water and air?
2) How can the Monk use his basic Body magic that you gave him since he doesn't have any spell points until he's promoted to Initiate?

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 05 Sep 2007, 06:21

UndeadHalfOrc, thanks for your comments.
I have fixed the mod because these comments were usefull.

Your skill mod looks very nice ! They have alot of grandmaster skills now ;) Great fun mod :proud: Life in MM7 is much easier now B-)

The overview of UndeadHalfOrcs mod

By the way there is another might and magic forum; check it out :D

http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/mm7tavern.html

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 05 Sep 2007, 07:29

Very appreciated. I was hoping someone could figure this out!
M&M VI - the best.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Sep 2007, 12:12

Yeah, life is a lot easier in my mod when mixing and matching different classes, you're assured to get all the secondary skills you need, and the rangers and druids got a huge boost.
But believe me, the game hasn't gotten easier forme, since made the monsters so much stronger (instead of having higher HP like most mods do, my monsters deal higher damage).

I think everybody trying to mod their MM7 should consider giving Axe Mastery to the Archer and Thief, since there is a powerful two handed axe of Earth Magic you get in Nighon Tunnels and only Rangers, Archers & Thieves can make use of the Earth bonus.

dcinroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 Skill Edit

Unread postby dcinroc » 08 Sep 2007, 18:52

Thanks for the editor, asterix15!

I used it to finally make some changes I have been wanting to make for a long time. :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/54279303/EditSkill1

Knights: Now can GM most melee weapons plus Chain. Also made a few minor changes to secondary skills.

Thieves: Upgraded magic skills to Expert and added Mind Magic as well. Biggest change is the addition of GM Dodge. Additional tweaks to secondary.

Monks: Upgraded magic, including Expert L/D, M Body and E Meditation. Substantial changes to secondary skills.

Paladins/Archers/Rangers all received substantial mods. Added Expert L/D magic plus Expert Meditation and Master Armsmaster. Changed weapons and armor as well (GM Axe/Plate/Chain for Pal, GM Spear and Master Shield for Archer, GM Sword/Leather for Ranger, plus Master Eart Magic but dropped axe down to Master).

Clerics: Upgraded Armor a little (Master Chain/Leather, Expert Plate). Biggest Changes are addition of Expert Body Building and Armsmaster plus GM Learning.

Sorcerers: Mostly unchanged. Added GM Alchemy and Learning.

Druids received the most substantial revision after Rangers. Expert in any weapon except Master Staff/Dagger. Also Master Leather. Added Master L/D Magic and GM Earth Magic, with GM Body Magic for Light and GM Mind Magic for Dark. GM Learning as well.

I have tried to keep the classes relatively balanced, but I guess it depends on one's style of play. :devious:

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 12 Sep 2007, 19:16

Do any such mod exist for MM8? I'd like to make Vampires better.

konva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 7 skills mod!

Unread postby konva » 30 Aug 2021, 16:30

Hello, how can I manage to run the editor in win 10? The skill editor app doesnt start, says it cannot be started on mine PC.

Return to “Might and Magic”