Heroes III Expansion difficulty

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 27 Jun 2007, 15:00

Well you two need to realize how a map is won and that the faster you do it the better score you get. It's not about collecting resources, chests or visiting neutral structures. It's about completing the objective as fast as possible. That's the only real way to evaluate how good you did on a map.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Jun 2007, 17:45

Who gives a rat's ass about the score?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jun 2007, 22:28

The number of Nagas is not a mistake.
I don't. Where was that warning?
And I don't even remember to having a problem with them... strange.

And neat last battle in 4th map:
160 Titans vs 180 Azure Dragons
And rest of your army? In the end I had so high numbers and so much units that I had won loosing only few stacks and few other units. Like Master Genies AD liked to concentrating on them. And I was casting spells like a Devil :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Levelworm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Levelworm » 27 Aug 2007, 21:56

dallasmavs41 wrote:AB's Campaigns always seemed extremely hard to me, and I never finished as well. I liked being able to choose the difficulty in SoD, and I wish that AB would have had the same.
In fact you can do this. Download a resource editor and open some .lod file to get the .h3c(campaign) files, then you can modify the difficulty setting in the campaign editor.

I'm trying to make non-Sod campaigns variable on difficulty(like SoD ones), but it seems I cannot put modified maps(well I only modify them to SoD type) back into the campaigns, might need to be built from scratch.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 28 Aug 2007, 13:45

Pol wrote:
It may have been in one of the walkthroughs at the time. But for those who weren't in the habit of creative spellcasting, that stack was murder by the time you reached it.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 28 Aug 2007, 14:35

Pol wrote:

And neat last battle in 4th map:
160 Titans vs 180 Azure Dragons
And rest of your army? In the end I had so high numbers and so much units that I had won loosing only few stacks and few other units. Like Master Genies AD liked to concentrating on them. And I was casting spells like a Devil :D
No need for others, titan army clears the map with very few losses, and it moves fast as well (on adventure map), thus getting better score for speed.
Since Dracon has practically 30+ in every stat, his titan can take any azure 1v1 :)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”