Tribes of the East Spells

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 30 Jul 2007, 09:33

All fantasy games have borrowed from ancient myths and legends as well as newer fantasy stories. Its not like Blizzard invented the orcs. Orcs will be barbarians in HOMM5 as they traditionally are in fantasy tales.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jul 2007, 10:18

Orcs = Tolkien.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Tribes of the East

Unread postby Inisto » 02 Aug 2007, 15:06

Yep Tolkien invented the orcs but in his Fantasy they were simply slaves.In volume two they just talk about eating Hobbits and gettin home.Thats they're part.I never understanded how they got Barbarian Blizzard-boars.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Aug 2007, 17:25

Unwashed, uneducated and violent? Seems like a natural progression... noble barbarians is more new, but it got to them too.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Tribes of the East

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 07 Aug 2007, 12:35

ThunderTitan mode on: Ill look around every footnote on the site so I can make lots of unuseful comments and ruin the chances for a mature discussion!

Wolfsburg mode on: Still no updates for this SESSION? Cmon, at least add the alt. upgrades links here and the known screenshots! We already know much more about TotE than merely the spells.
Whats the point in blaming the mirror if you dont like what you see?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Aug 2007, 17:20

Not my fault you don't know how to use my comments.

MeTaMoRpHoSiS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby MeTaMoRpHoSiS » 10 Sep 2007, 22:08

there's something i read on another site about the spell "sorrow" all it does is that it decreases morale and luck of selected enemy creature please edit the description of this spell

orodreth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby orodreth » 19 Oct 2007, 13:45

VAMPIRISM????

IMBALANCE???

I want vampirism!!!!!

ahsq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby ahsq » 19 Oct 2007, 14:48

Stuck on C1 A Murder of Crows - Quroq game, when it reaches Month 2 Week 4 Day 1, after pressing End Turn, there is a sudden RED enemy flash on the map and then my character stops moving and the hourglass going on and on.

I cant continue the game because the hourglass never ends.

HELP!!

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Tribes of the East

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Oct 2007, 17:46

ahsq wrote:Stuck on C1 A Murder of Crows - Quroq game, when it reaches Month 2 Week 4 Day 1, after pressing End Turn, there is a sudden RED enemy flash on the map and then my character stops moving and the hourglass going on and on.

I cant continue the game because the hourglass never ends.

HELP!!
Have you tried restoring to a previous save? You should have 3 autosaves.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Tribes of the East

Unread postby aaelgr » 19 Oct 2007, 17:52

I haven't played the game much (only arrived yesterday) but it seems that Firewall is now a Destructive spell. Dors this mean that Summoning only has 1 level 4 spell?
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

ahsq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby ahsq » 19 Oct 2007, 17:57

I actually figured it out. Its really a bug, if Quroq did not reach the stranded cyclops before the auto flash on the map, then this bug will make the game stall forever ( because the cyclops are replaced by an enemy hero)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Oct 2007, 21:29

aaelgr wrote:I haven't played the game much (only arrived yesterday) but it seems that Firewall is now a Destructive spell. Dors this mean that Summoning only has 1 level 4 spell?
No. Firewall is the only spell that changed schools, but there were some new spells added to each school. Blade Barrier and Summon Elementals are the 2 level4 summoning spells.

The fan made manual will give you more details. Download the fan made manual from here.

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Oct 2007, 23:47

They changed Firewall for Blade Barrier? Finally a change that makes sense (never did get how they summoned a wall on fire, at least the phoenix is alive).

gustaveau
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby gustaveau » 29 Oct 2007, 22:00

can't someone also put the creatures of the barbarian on this page, that would be much easier!

kevinnn1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby kevinnn1 » 12 Dec 2007, 22:35

Um, no, you theres more stuff. Look around on the internet.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Tribes of the East

Unread postby Thelonious » 12 Feb 2008, 19:21

Perhaps a good idea to change the pic of divine vengance to the in game one (which resembles the sword that comes falling down)
Grah!

cristian.david2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby cristian.david2 » 09 Aug 2010, 20:20

HI ! I'm a huge HOMM3 fan, and recently I decided to try out HOMM3- Tribes of the East. Of course, I started playing the campaigns, and came out to a little problem, during the second campaign Last Soul Standing. My problem is that after each battle I can not move the raised creatures to my army(I am using "drag and drop". Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am always losing because I can't add the creatures to my army after each battle. Thanks in advance!!

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 10 Aug 2010, 13:37

cristian.david2 wrote:HI ! I'm a huge HOMM3 fan, and recently I decided to try out HOMM3- Tribes of the East. Of course, I started playing the campaigns, and came out to a little problem, during the second campaign Last Soul Standing. My problem is that after each battle I can not move the raised creatures to my army(I am using "drag and drop". Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am always losing because I can't add the creatures to my army after each battle. Thanks in advance!!
Do you have enough dark energy to get them? In TotE, you cannot raise unlimited troops through necromancy- only a certain amount per week, based on necromancy skill and number of necropolis towns you have.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

cristian.david2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East

Unread postby cristian.david2 » 10 Aug 2010, 17:06

It is a problem of dragging & droping creatures after the battle; I just can't drag the creatures to Ornella's army. I have conquered the first town, have build the Pillar of Bones, and i can't see the problem.Isn;t Ornella able to raise creatures after battles, vecause she is a Castle hero? I also have problems when transferring armies from one hero to another. E.G. if I want to transfer 14 zombies to Ornella who already has 32 zombies, those 14 will not be added to the existing 32, not to mention that It takes 4 or 5 drag and droping to actualy move them them to a free spot in Ornella's team. I appologize if I sound absurd, but I really deal with this problems, and I just got the taste of HOMM5.. Thanks!

Return to “Articles”