Formula 1

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Chai26
Druid
Druid

Formula 1

Unread postby Chai26 » 28 Jul 2007, 14:31

Wondering which team your supporting in the 2007 F1 season, i support McLaren btw....

(Actually i started this topic to win an arguement :D )
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

jeff

Re: Formula 1

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jul 2007, 15:02

Chai26 wrote:Wondering which team your supporting in the 2007 F1 season, i support McLaren btw....

(Actually i started this topic to win an arguement :D )
F1 is not big here in the US, mostly due to a lack of an American team or drivers for that matter. When I was stationed in Europe I pulled for the Williams team when Mansten was driving for them, then switched to Benaton while Schumacher was driving with them, then rooted for him when he switched to Ferrari. I just looked up the teams and frankly I did not recognize several of them. So I would guess I'd pull for Williams only because their the only one I still know anything about.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2007, 00:07

Hiya Chai

I'm a Ferrari man, so I have had a few good years .... didn't start this year very well, but things have been looking up lately :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 29 Jul 2007, 01:40

Actually i have quite a hating for ferrari(still have respect for it tho), i was having an argument with a girl
last night, we argued all night which is better Mclaren or Ferrari......

Come on, are they any other McLaren supporters?

:)
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 29 Jul 2007, 10:26

Chai26 wrote: i was having an argument with a girl
last night, we argued all night which is better Mclaren or Ferrari......
What do you mean by "better"? Stronger? Faster? Better drivers? More successful? Better team spirit? Better to work at?

Some of these variables change every season. At the moment these team seem to be almost equally fast, with a slight advantage for Ferrai, but the McLaren drivers are better, also slightly. Last year it was very different, with Schumi still at the italian team.
If we look at the history, Ferrari is the Team. It's like the Monaco race in the F1 calendar, a classic. They are constantly there, with mostly good results, even the color of the car is the same. One might hate Ferrari, but without them F1 wouldn't be the same.

I was supporttng Ferrari for the most of the time, exclusively because Schumi was there.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Jul 2007, 08:10

obviously Ferrari is better :D

seriously though, Ferrari have the results on the board, there, or there abouts for more years then I can remember

McLaren had some great years with Mika at the wheel, but until these past two years they haven't shown a great deal .... they tend to yoyo more then Ferrari do

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 21 Oct 2007, 18:03

Yay, Kimi Raikkonen becomes the 2007 F1 World champion! What an amazing photo finish, three drivers within 1 point in overall standings. :-D

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 21 Oct 2007, 18:05

Kiiiiiiiiiimiiiiiii!!!

:victory:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Oct 2007, 18:15

I will say this about F-1, they do know how to levy a fine. $100 Million on McLaren, that has to hurt. 8|

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 21 Oct 2007, 19:51

The fine indeed was quite heavy but still FIA didn't nullify McLaren points in the drivers championship. Actually I'm happy they didn't because there is a God after all and this season will be remembered for years. :)

I just couldn't stop smiling watching how satisfied Alonso was that Hamilton didn't win the title. :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Oct 2007, 20:13

arturchix wrote:The fine indeed was quite heavy but still FIA didn't nullify McLaren points in the drivers championship. Actually I'm happy they didn't because there is a God after all and this season will be remembered for years. :)

I just couldn't stop smiling watching how satisfied Alonso was that Hamilton didn't win the title. :D
I agree with you, I wish a few of the US sports leagues would take note what a real penalty is.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Oct 2007, 04:23

I LOVE FERRARI .... ace work Kimi!!!!! :D

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 22 Oct 2007, 10:20

jeff wrote:I will say this about F-1, they do know how to levy a fine. $100 Million on McLaren, that has to hurt. 8|
Spying is a damn serious matter and the $100 million fine (with the loss of team points) was a joke. Actually, they won't have to pay all that money, since the total sum of the fine will be reduced by the sum of what they had won if their points were still there. So, the actual fine is around $30 million. The McLaren team has a yearly budget of 450-500 million dollars, and no debts at all. This punishments won't destroy them financially. And btw, who the hell cares about the constructors championship at all, when they can still win the far more important drivers title?
The final result of Kimi becoming champion is just great.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Oct 2007, 12:46

it's a bit of justice for Ferrari, and a wonderfully bitter pill for McLaren

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Oct 2007, 18:03

Aaaand now they're thinking about appealing the decision not to punish anybody for having too cold fuel? That'd be a sad day for F1, if the championship was decided off the track....
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 22 Oct 2007, 18:09

I don't think it will happen otherwise F1 is as good as dead, certainly for me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Oct 2007, 18:13

Ecclestone will probably slam his fist in a table somewhere and save the day. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Oct 2007, 01:55

So, have they made up their minds yet?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Oct 2007, 02:51

Nothing official as yet. But I can't imagine they'll change their minds. Hamilton too stated he doesn't want the title...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 23 Oct 2007, 04:12

McLaren has no chances here. End of the story.

If I were the FIA, I would say them: "Ok, you're right, these teams have broken the rules, and deserve punishment! Let's take away the constructor points they won on the last race, but let the drivers keep them all." :devious:

Return to “Campfire”