Tribes of the East Previews

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Jul 2007, 03:04

The Tribes of the East expansion is the star of the day with previews in three majors gaming sites.

<li><a href="/http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161571">1UP</a> tells us that the standalone game will retail for $30, roughly the same as Hammers of Fate when it came out. There is also a cryptic reference to a bonus for owners of the first expansion: <i>"If you have Heroes V or Hammers of Fate, Tribes of the East will allow you to increase the level of your old characters by an extra ability point. It's not quite the same as adding brand new characters to the old games, but it's a nice bonus if you're attached to your previous armies."</i>

<li><a href="/http://pc.ign.com/articles/808/808503p1.html">IGN</a> has a summary of the Orc campaign: <i>"The campaign follows the Orcs as they finally decide to shake the impression all of the other races seem to have that they're pawns to be used at a whim. It turns out they just want to defend Mother Nature against the other races. The best way to do this apparently is to soak the ground with the blood and guts of their enemies. The first on the list is the Raven Duchy of the Griffin Empire who made the error or raiding the Orc lands to collect slaves. This angered the self-declared Khan of the Steppes Orcs."</i>

<li><a href="/http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/her ... ameSpot</a> was allowed to see Blood Rage in action: <i>"As long as a unit is attacking, its blood rage builds and its attack value increases over the fight. However, if the unit sits still for a round (perhaps you want the enemy to come to you), the blood rage cools and the attack value might dip. The orc heroes can aid in this with their blood rage spells, as they can temporarily boost the blood rage in various units, provided they have enough mana to cast the spell. We saw one orc unit go from an attack rating of 10 to 25 with blood rage cast on it."</i>

All three sites refer to a September release.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1185591860
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 28 Jul 2007, 03:18

Great. So I'm going to be playing hippie Orcs come September? That's original (Poke:Warcraft 3) It's annoying how developers (sometimes) act like they created some great story/plot mechanic or race, when it's been done before, if only once. They seem to go in trends or something... before Warcraft 3 Orcs were all evil, now they are all honor-bound slave fighting native Americans. It was great in W3, because they had a reason for it story wise and you got to see the orc's progression as a race. We even got Shamans instead of witches or whatever now too. Oh well. Another interesting fact is when W2 was around Orcs were evil, then 3 came and it's now Native. I guess the lesser follow in the path of the mighty. I'm done ranting :) sorry.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Tribes of the East Previews

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 Jul 2007, 03:30

Angelspit wrote: There is also a cryptic reference to a bonus for owners of the first expansion: <i>"If you have Heroes V or Hammers of Fate, Tribes of the East will allow you to increase the level of your old characters by an extra ability point. It's not quite the same as adding brand new characters to the old games, but it's a nice bonus if you're attached to your previous armies."</i>
Anyone know what that means? I sure can't make any sense of it. Anyway good info Angelspit, it's nice to see previews, and also that it will be released in September. Not too much longer now. Price is nice too.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2007, 07:38

Comprehensive. Nice.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 28 Jul 2007, 08:23

nice to see that gamewebsites like this add-on improvers.It is very positive news. in europe release day is september1.sorry guys but if this is correct infomation then i`Ve been played TotE over 20 days before you guys.marzhin have too if he lives in france
Edited on Sat, Jul 28 2007, 04:27 by Wraith

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 28 Jul 2007, 08:35

even gamespot like it.Does anybody know when demo will be released?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jul 2007, 08:59

There was a demo but only for the testers. And there is absolutely no chance you'll get it in 1st of september, not a legal one anyway :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 28 Jul 2007, 09:40

in IGN reads europe release:1september and i live in finland. it is in europe
Edited on Sat, Jul 28 2007, 05:43 by Wraith

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jul 2007, 10:00

I find it hard to believe though I surely would not mind being wrong :P
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 28 Jul 2007, 10:27

PhoenixReborn wrote:
Angelspit wrote: There is also a cryptic reference to a bonus for owners of the first expansion: <i>"If you have Heroes V or Hammers of Fate, Tribes of the East will allow you to increase the level of your old characters by an extra ability point. It's not quite the same as adding brand new characters to the old games, but it's a nice bonus if you're attached to your previous armies."</i>
Anyone know what that means? I sure can't make any sense of it. Anyway good info Angelspit, it's nice to see previews, and also that it will be released in September. Not too much longer now. Price is nice too.
Yes, I want to know what that means too!
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 28 Jul 2007, 10:43

I agree with Avalon-Eternal. Very little in HoMM V is original material, especially the orcs. They are a rip off from WC 3.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 28 Jul 2007, 10:45

1st of September is impossible. Won't happen. A late September release (like 4 weeks latter) might be possible, though.
ZZZzzzz....

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 28 Jul 2007, 11:27

To Avalon-Eternal:

The originality is totally unimportant as long as you make the story right. Of course, that means that Nival will need to make the story right which might be hard for some of you.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jul 2007, 12:15

Dude, they're mongol inspired, not native or anything. They more like the Ogre Kingdoms of Warhammer in that regard, with the Orcish WAAAGH! thrown in as their special.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Jul 2007, 12:31

Wraith wrote:nice to see that gamewebsites like this add-on improvers.It is very positive news.
The point of game previews is to show what's coming ahead, they are not reviews. They are almost always positive, with perhaps a little footnote about things that might not work well. However, it's easy to get excited about ToE based on what has been said so far.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Jul 2007, 12:53

sacrificial altars...yeah great but instead of luck,, morale would be a more logical bonus, also sacrificing useless artifacts should be an option. lse, love the news. And I dont feel they are ripping W3 at all, W3 sucks. If they indeed have ripped off i wouldnt touch H5 at all!

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 28 Jul 2007, 13:20

$30? Hammers of Fate cost 20 euro or less when it was released here in Europe.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 28 Jul 2007, 13:59

Orfinn wrote:sacrificial altars...yeah great but instead of luck,, morale would be a more logical bonus, also sacrificing useless artifacts should be an option. lse, love the news. And I dont feel they are ripping W3 at all, W3 sucks. If they indeed have ripped off i wouldnt touch H5 at all!
Actually there are 2 ways to get rid of artifacts now. There's the altar of sacrifice we know from Heroes 3 and you'll have an option on the Market to sell.
ZZZzzzz....

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 28 Jul 2007, 14:54

you'll have an option on the Market to sell.
Great:)
btw, for the full price or only half?
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Cleanpea » 28 Jul 2007, 15:14

You know, 20euros almost equal 30dollars nowadays. That's a weak dollar!

Return to “News”