Final Fantasy I - X(pt2).

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Apr 2007, 18:57

I agree, but I'm not terribly heart-broken at the loss.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Apr 2007, 23:29

well I love them all, and luckily have not to worry about ports
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 May 2007, 13:12

I had a hard time playing FFIII. I dunno, but I often died for very silly reasons. It is as if those games were harder than the actual ones. Or maybe I'm growing old for these stuff.

NO WAY!

I have finished FF III/VI just once (which is something not normal, since I usually go through a game like that 3 or 4 times, for my own reasons) and I left the ninja behind when we are at the floating site (he died, of course), I think I left another character behind whom I don't recall. And then, late in the game, I died many times fighting a monster which was immune to physical strikes. The problem was that I had just 1 real magician in the group, so it was a really wearing battle. Just after that, I was told that if you let the berserk creature fight, he would inflict damage nevertheless, even by physical means. That'd save a lot of elixirs. Then Kefka was also really tough. I get there at low levels, then I had problems.

I think I'll play again to do side quests, raise chocobos and, most important, develop all the characters fairly well. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 May 2007, 00:03

that last line basically describes my FF philosophy .... sidequests are key (and I include minigames - blitzball, choco breeding etc) since they give great rewards - attack reels and KoTR anyone??? :) I always spend time levelling, and killing a lot of creeps, this is not a game I rush at all

normally by the time I get to the real end guy, he's a pushover! FFVII I had taken out Ruby and Emerald Weapon and they were much more difficult than Sephiroth .... FFX I did the monster arena to the end if memory serves, and had enough ribbons to go round, str's of 255, def 255, magic 255 etc .... was a cake walk (did invest 150+ hours in the game though :) )

FFXII is going a similar direction, but that's for another thread

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 May 2007, 20:24

Stefan, in FFX, could you manage getting to fight Nemesis? There were monsters I could never ever find to capture. As a matter of fact, 10 of each of those were needed to unlock the final Arena Boss! :S

Of those tough bosses, the only one I tried fighting more than once (because I died at first lol) was Catastrophe. I killed him even before my Aeons reached a bit more than 9.999 HP, so it was a rather long fight, around 2 hours maybe. :D Masamune saved me, as well as Auto-life - Tidus, Lulu and Yuna had it, so it wasn't that difficult surviving.

Earth Eater was the most stupidly hard boss.

Shinryu was also something blatant to beat.

But I was always curious about Nemesis. The fun is that it just counters Overdrives, so Attack Heels must be used wisely. :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 May 2007, 23:58

well there is a trick to nemesis, which I admit to stealing off a walkthru .... since he was handing me my ass for a while, you need a few things before attacking the sucker, very high agility (better than 200 is good - I went in with about 230 from memory) and str right up at max, so you hit for 99,999 damage .... basically all you do is go into battle, use Hastega for your first character (and have Yuna in the attacking party) and then Quick Hit then boss til it's his turn, then use yuna to summon an Aeon, Nemesis will kill the Aeon and then you go back to Quick Hitting .... rinse and repeat til he goes down - sure you may lose your Aeons, but they always come back

don't overdrive him

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 16 Jul 2007, 14:00

Ok, here it comes; Loved FFVII, liked FF VIII, FFIX was nice (especially when you've gotten tired of FFVIII), was dissapointed in FFX, hated X-2 never played XI or XII.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Jul 2007, 05:40

you didn't like FFX??!!! wth? :)

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 17 Jul 2007, 07:49

stefan.urlus wrote:you didn't like FFX??!!! wth? :)
The World map is gone. The upgrade system is bad, I missed exp. and level ups. The Dark Aeons were gay. The last boss was far too easy (hey you couldn't even get killed). That Seymor character's voice was annoying. You could get more than 9999 hp. It was way too troublesome to get these Ultimate Weapons. They made a stupid sequel.
I liked the battle system and the story though.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Jul 2007, 08:05

I didn't find the ultimate weapons that difficult, even the thunder plains wasn't that bad once you got the hang of dodging, I agree about the end guy, but that was usually only if you went for the extras, if you go straight thru it's not too bad ....

as for the dark aeons, gay isn't the word I'd use

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jul 2007, 15:29

yourworstnightmare wrote: The World map is gone.
Too true. Missed that too.
The upgrade system is bad, I missed exp. and level ups.
I really liked that system, giving you enough freedom to choose upon a magic, strength, agility or armory path, beside the unique abilities. You did have level ups, that were correspondly to one cell you could walk more.
The Dark Aeons were gay.
Not really understandable.
The last boss was far too easy (hey you couldn't even get killed).
Probably because it wasn't the last boss at all, but Tidus' father. That rounded ant was just a matter of plot, to make you finish every each of your aeons, showing that you must destroy him with your own hands. If it was a real fight, later in game, you would never beat Magus Sisters.
That Seymor character's voice was annoying.
Indeed. It was as if he was always alergic.
You could get more than 9999 hp.
Quite difficult beating those arena beasts having such low HP.
It was way too troublesome to get these Ultimate Weapons.

It was kinda fun grabbing these weapons, actually. Way better than running down a dungeon and killing a beast for the "ultimate sword". But not that fun when it comes to dodge those lightnings or catching those butterflies - these were the ones I left to do later.
They made a stupid sequel.
Let's say it's too colorful and somewhat meaningless. It could be way much better developed. I sensed it was a FF toward female players - oh, not because it looked silly, but because it showed many things that I felt like girls would like the most.
I liked the battle system and the story though.
Changing characters to and fro was really nice! I got puzzled here and there in the story. I was somewhat surprised about Tidus origins - he was just a dream. :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Jul 2007, 01:35

I'm with ya on that Panda .... I liked the customisable grid, made for some super powerful guys after the monster arena!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jul 2007, 16:09

Have you filled that grid for any of your characters, for a chance? :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Jul 2007, 22:03

not completely, but I did get enough spheres so that I have a huge strength area, defense area and agility area .... 255 all the way baby!

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 21 Jul 2007, 00:01

I never played FF except MAYBE a demo a long time ago, not too sure was it even FF (there was this T-Rex fight in the end). Anyway do the games take too long to beat? Is there a pc version of each of the series?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Jul 2007, 04:18

All the FF are semi-long (at least) and some can net 60+ hrs (with sidequests). They are also very addictive, don't know if computer versions are available.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 21 Jul 2007, 04:39

For the PC?

VII and VIII.

I'm not sure if there are any others for the PC...besides those and XI (but that's the online one).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 21 Jul 2007, 11:09

Hm well are they all linked together, character and story wise?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Jul 2007, 01:23

they are all seperate stories .... only FFX and FFX-II are linked (not to be confused with FFXII) and I think FFVII has a sequel, but I cant recall the name .... Dirge of Cerberus?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 23 Jul 2007, 03:26

Yup...that game with Vincent as the protagonist.

I've heard some unflattering reviews of that game...to be honest.
Not to mention, it's more of a shoot-em-up than a normal FF rpg. :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”