The Price of Peace → The Rainbow Crystal

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 11 Jul 2007, 17:18

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/270

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 11 Jul 2007, 17:18

A fairly straightforward map. Except for the hero in the SW corner of the underworld (who had a TON of powerful troops), this is a straightforward scenario. Solmyr and the starting genies can take down a lot of neutral stacks. Even the fight fight might possibly have been doable alone as Dreggar had a lot of skeletons but not much else if you kill him early and quickly.

Once Solmyr hits the experience cap, ignore the stronger stacks to preserve your army. Note the Red Crystal bonus NE of Dreggar's castle.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 28 Nov 2009, 12:32

I added a knight to Solymr's army as soon as possible and it sure was nice to have those tactical bonuses in some of the more difficult fights. Solymr got to level 20 with only one significant battles to go. My knight only reached level 18 and I had a order lord, level 7, from picking up chests. I ended up having to make two long treks back to the surface for spells when Solymr picked up master order magic at level 19 and then advanced life magic at level 20. The trip home is much easier (town gate) before you capture the red town in the southwest.

The red hero in the sw of the underground is the toughest army I've seen in this campaign. I got there in month 3 and he had 95 Efreets, 114 ice devils, about 90 nagas and nearly 1000 skeletons. I had 74 genies (divided up 73 and 1), 10 dragon golems, 51 magi, 242 haflings, my general and Solymr. I cast mass slow first, poisoned what i could, shot up 900 skeletons and finished them off with the dragon golems. I used a lot of teleport spells when the big stacks got too close and a few song of peace spells when two of them got close at the same time. Two or three beserk spell while the enemy troops were marching back were very useful. When I saw my genies were going to run out of mana I used their their last three spells to duplicate my dragon golems and ended up with 16 of those for the finale. The genies and magi ran out of mana and the hafling ran out of shots. Solymr nearly ran out of mana! I actually got through it with with no losses.

The battle with King Dreggar was a piece of cake compare to that!

Return to “Articles”