Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Feb 2006, 18:59

Crusard wrote:
But mabye its crazy idea, i don't know...
No it's not :D, hmmm...

About the monks being able to cast spells... it sorta makes them similar to the H5's inquisitor/cleric. Let's hear more opinions about this...
They could cast bind wounds bless and cure.It would be a nice adition.But then they should be wakened a bit physically.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 03 Feb 2006, 20:27

guess that if monks could cast or not whatever spell isnt big deal, anyway could be nice that also could cast holy word :D

but what about an army ot 2 heroes, champions, angels, pikemen, ballistas, crusaders ', i mean all the creatures recutable??, think that could be nice, and for the strategic choice on H4 just use equallity on the growth to each option

or the choice to do, if u want a hero figthing or a hero casting or with pasive skills, guess that even better than H5

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 03 Feb 2006, 23:35

guess that if monks could cast or not whatever spell isnt big deal, anyway could be nice that also could cast holy word

but what about an army ot 2 heroes, champions, angels, pikemen, ballistas, crusaders ', i mean all the creatures recutable??, think that could be nice, and for the strategic choice on H4 just use equallity on the growth to each option

or the choice to do, if u want a hero figthing or a hero casting or with pasive skills, guess that even better than H5
That's pretty much what you said previously.
Now something like equity on the growth of each options is simply inequity, for obvious reasons. The passive thing isn't possible.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 04 Feb 2006, 02:11

"pasive skills" i was talking about "defence, ofence, leadership, etc" only that, i mean using these skills with a default sanctuary without the fear of a fast death or a must of combat skills

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 04 Feb 2006, 09:57

Crusard wrote:
But mabye its crazy idea, i don't know...
No it's not :D, hmmm...

About the monks being able to cast spells... it sorta makes them similar to the H5's inquisitor/cleric. Let's hear more opinions about this...
I think it would be a good idea as monks are more spellcasters then archers and Heaven has enough ranged units (crosbowman, balistae and catapult). You could decrase their ranged attack and add theme some life spells.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 04 Feb 2006, 12:11

I like the monks as they are. Priest heroes are available to do the healing and the Haven already has angels to cast ressurect. They don't need another spellcaster creature IMHO.

The new creature banks look good, as does the sea monster dwelling.

It looks like you managed to make the sea monster dwelling flagable! Since you can do that is a flagable lookout tower possible? If not, can you make a garrison similar in size to a lookout tower?

GOW

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 05 Feb 2006, 16:45

chaosgorgon wrote: but what about an army ot 2 heroes, champions, angels, pikemen, ballistas, crusaders ', i mean all the creatures recutable??, think that could be nice, and for the strategic choice on H4 just use equallity on the growth to each option
IMO it is too drastic change to H4. To tell the truth it breakes the idea of H4. You have to choose between them, consider which unit will be better against enemy playing ex. death. However, in most cases the choice depends on the sympathy to current creature rather than tactical choice. Or the chosen will be the one which is better against everything :)

Additionally, I suppose there's no need to have both champ&angels, pikemen&ballistea. But I'd like to congratulate on your courage as your idea to change the gameline was extremly brave :applause:

P.S. New creature banks rock ^^

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 05 Feb 2006, 20:19

It looks like you managed to make the sea monster dwelling flagable! Since you can do that is a flagable lookout tower possible? If not, can you make a garrison similar in size to a lookout tower?
I think I heard that suggestion before... and still think it's a good idea.
I'm not sure wether or not the view range can be increased, though. Let's hope Dalai or Lost read the forum and reply sometime.

george137
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby george137 » 07 Feb 2006, 22:38

What about mage guides as an adventure object. They could give an unknown spell (per skill level) to the hero as long as he meets the requirements. For example if the hero has GM Death and M Nature magic the mage guide would give the hero one unknown lvl one death spell one lvl two death spell one lvl... one lvl five death spell and one level one nature spell... one level four nature spell.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 08 Feb 2006, 00:17

Well that can be worked via scripting with a quest hut...

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 09 Feb 2006, 19:16

Well, I've considered the old idea with the hero classes and I'd like to ask for opinions about few of them:

Assassin-combat+death; before eq. assassin had permament bloodlust, which suited his name. Changed bonus is now +3speed +3initiative.
For the necro it's better, but for barb mabye not vital.
IMO additional "Bloodlust" spell would fit both heroes, and combo with speed.

Bard-nature+scouting; bonus helps fragile druids/thieves, but logically would be always having "fortune" spell in spellbook (even upg. druids dont have it always, let alone thieves). Especially good combo for chaos units with great range of dmg (like hydra 28-60) fortune would lead to deal possibly max. dmg.

Beast Lord- nature/nobility; especially lords often suffer from lack of "summon wolf spell" (no nature conservatory in the order guild). Giving it permament to spellbook (like the battlemage with m.fist) would be IMO great

Beastmaster-nature+combat; as sb. suggested, the bonus should be for griffins. As for automatically learned spell I'm not 100% sure, but for the idea

Dark Lord-death+nobility; IMO better would be bonus like -1/-2 morale to all foe creatures (opposite to general/lord commander)

Paladin- combat+life; I thought about permamently "bless", but like the assasin both normal bonus+spell "bless" would be great and fit the class both for priest&barb

Wizard King-order+nobility; not sure, but suppose that casting "dispel" in melee attack instead "misfortune" would better fit the class. Btw Wizard king is too similar to Witch king class (both tend to be evil)

Last, but not least I'd like to say about 2 spells which could be given to Order Magic. As we know order has fewest spell. Especiall when it comes to the 4th lev. battle-spells.

-Mass Power Drain- all foe targets spells' cost doubles. Power drain is really good spell, but against 2 or more stacks of magical units single spell is not efficient and usually we cast sth else. Additionally, there are only three 4th. lev. combat spells (berserk, m.slow, teleport) so M-order isn't so great as ex. M-life. Those who think it's a crappy spell should consider advantage against all foe spellcasters, angels, devils, nature creatures, foe order, nightmares. Undoubtedly it may help at each stage but isn't game-breaker. Ideal for controlling magic of order.

-Magic Mirror could be lowered to 4th. It was in Eq 3.41 if i'm right

Lev. 5
-Dimension Door- I'm worried if it's possible, but if Equilibris Team could do it, they should be The People Of the Year in "Time":). As for balancing the spell mabye limiting the spell radius to 10-12 movement points (lev.1 hero without army has normally 22 movement points).
So spell would consume 12mana + 3-5 mov. points

Waiting for opinions.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 24 Feb 2006, 21:13

I'm not sure, but some non-basic terrains like field of glory, magic garden, cursed ground, magic plains ect. seem to have no effect.
Would be possible to give them some kind of bonus, during the battles?

scorched earth- +25% to effectivenes of fire spells and fire-based attacks?
field of life- haven units start combat with celestial armour on them?
enchanted stone- all order spells cost half to play?
cursed ground- all non-death units get -2 morale (like undead ability)?
magic garden- nature units get +2luck
field of glory- might creatures get +10% to their attack & defence?

magic plains- negates all wards (like ring of lesser negaton)?
OR negates all m.resistance like (r. of greater negation) ?

basic terrains like grass, snow, swamp, ect. would still "grant" mov. penalties

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Feb 2006, 22:38

Could you make that if you have Demonology Skill and Nature Magic Skill summon demons every day? Like summoning skill, but demons, not animals.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 27 Feb 2006, 21:27

Sauron wrote:Could you make that if you have Demonology Skill and Nature Magic Skill summon demons every day? Like summoning skill, but demons, not animals.
Here's a link to the old forum where the case was one of the hottest topics :devil:
http://www.forumplanet.com/strategyplan ... id=1799282

But as Dalai said, Eq.3.6 should be soon available to download, so IMO there's no sence to post new ones opinions which may delay new Equilibris :(

BTW, if it'll be the final version, does it mean, this forum will become abondoned (like abondoned sawmill?)

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

ai

Unread postby MistWeaver » 28 Feb 2006, 01:19

Ive an idea about slight ai improvement.

I belive many of us have noticed that AI players are often has cowardly behaviour. As an example - if enemy gets reinforcement, he(ai) often changes his mind about maiking attack, even if the enemy army is still much weaker.
Maybe, you guys, can fix that calculation to make ai more aggresive ?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: ai

Unread postby Dalai » 28 Feb 2006, 16:21

MistWeaver wrote:Ive an idea about slight ai improvement.

I belive many of us have noticed that AI players are often has cowardly behaviour. As an example - if enemy gets reinforcement, he(ai) often changes his mind about maiking attack, even if the enemy army is still much weaker.
Maybe, you guys, can fix that calculation to make ai more aggresive ?
That is what we actually did :)
This feature requires very thorough testing, up to making a diary of several walkthroughs. Unfortunately, our testers were not patient enough to do that :(
Black Ghost wrote:I'm not sure, but some non-basic terrains like field of glory, magic garden, cursed ground, magic plains ect. seem to have no effect.
Would be possible to give them some kind of bonus, during the battles?
This task is in our to-do list for a long time. As soon as we can do anything about it, we will start a new discussion ;)
But as Dalai said, Eq.3.6 should be soon available to download
I keep fingers crossed for this best scenario :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 28 Feb 2006, 22:32

[quote="Dalai"]
That is what we actually did :)
This feature requires very thorough testing, up to making a diary of several walkthroughs. Unfortunately, our testers were not patient enough to do that :(
[/quote]

You mean, you've done it, but have no enough time to test, and therefor it just keeps lying dead ?
If so, what is the chance to see it in next releases at all ?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 Mar 2006, 14:18

MistWeaver wrote: You mean, you've done it, but have no enough time to test, and therefor it just keeps lying dead ?
If so, what is the chance to see it in next releases at all ?
Yes, we made changes to make AI bolder. First impressions are - it works. But the whole picture remains unclear - changes may impact some other things, and thus require thorough testing. This knowlege now lies on the shelf, ready to be implemented anytime we decide to do it.
I'm afraid, it would be a bit irresponsible to implement the change for a release version without proper testing.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 01 Mar 2006, 20:01

hello Dalai

do u know how can i open the code of H4??? i already know some of programation, its write in C ??, just want to experiment

thxs

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 01 Mar 2006, 22:54

chaosgorgon wrote:do u know how can i open the code of H4??? i already know some of programation, its write in C ??, just want to experiment
If it would be possibe to open it in C, we would allready play the most perfect heroes ever made.
Heroes writen in C++ and compiled with MVC. It can be opened only as assembler code. And belive me - you dont want to see that :)
It is a hard and painstaking work to find there what you need and twice as hard to make it as you want.
Equilibis programmers are demons of the assembler :)
Respect and big thanks, all I can say.

I have other question. Can you tell, what program are you using to disassemby it ?

Dalai wrote:Yes, we made changes to make AI bolder. First impressions are - it works. But the whole picture remains unclear - changes may impact some other things, and thus require thorough testing. This knowlege now lies on the shelf, ready to be implemented anytime we decide to do it.
I'm afraid, it would be a bit irresponsible to implement the change for a release version without proper testing.
I see. And what/how exactly mod needs to be tested to say that its OK ?

Return to “Equilibris”