Playing on Expert/Champion vs Normal/Hard

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Charles J Lee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Playing on Expert/Champion vs Normal/Hard

Unread postby Charles J Lee » 09 Jul 2007, 18:05

Hello

I'm a newcomer to the forum, but a longtime Heroes fan. I"ve played most maps from H2-H4, so I'm pretty experienced and know most of the common tricks. But I'm not particularly good, and have generally stuck with Normal/Hard settings. I can beat most campaign maps with solo heroes and minimal hires after the first scenario.

I would like to play more challenging games, so I"m thinking of replaying many scenarios on harder settings. Starting with my H4 official campaign maps. Does anyone have advice on how to beat campaign maps on Championship settings?

For a start, I don't even know how to start a game when I start with a level 1 hero and zero resources. The only zero-resource games I"ve played are those user-made scenarios where zero resources are part of the storyline.
Charles Lee, Global Storyteller. Author of Birthright, co-Author of The Z Organization.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 11 Jul 2007, 15:59

You could try the single user made map "My Brother's Keeper". It gives the player some good hints and tips on how to win tight battles in H4
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 12 Jul 2007, 00:25

hm, I would like if the AI could give me trouble on H4 (well, like on H2 and 3)

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 12 Jul 2007, 04:48

Your best shot for a decent singleplayer game on a multiplayer map in H 4 is playing ADVANCED difficulty and sending your starting money and resources to your AI opponents.
ZZZzzzz....

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 12 Jul 2007, 07:23

Jolly Joker wrote:Your best shot for a decent singleplayer game on a multiplayer map in H 4 is playing ADVANCED difficulty and sending your starting money and resources to your AI opponents.
Or he could just try playing difficult map.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 12 Jul 2007, 07:35

Yes, but it would have to be a SINGLE player map (at least one computer only player).
ZZZzzzz....

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 12 Jul 2007, 12:16

Jolly Joker wrote:Yes, but it would have to be a SINGLE player map (at least one computer only player).
In many maps, map makers have given computer players significant bonuses (and in some maps bonuses are greater/lesser depending on difficulty chosen). Neutrals shouldn't be problem for them and they should provide a player some challenging battles. As for other maps, especially maps that came with game, doing what you suggested is fine.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Return to “Heroes I-IV”