Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Dec 2005, 20:05

Post your ideas for the next version of WoG here. Keep in mind that we generally can't make new creatures on demand.

¤Change Rogue encounters so you sometimes encounter shooters.
¤An option to capture commander artifacts.
¤More win conditions for random maps
¤More complex diplomacy system
¤A mithril mine.
¤additional one-way & two-way monoliths
¤Linkable level 8 dwellings
Last edited by Pol on 22 Oct 2020, 08:46, edited 2 times in total.

Trang Oul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trang Oul » 05 Jan 2006, 19:05

-downgrading units
-Might and Magic commanders
-spell books for commanders
-Forge or/and Bastion
-more undeads
-Sagamosa's scripts
-Mithril mine - max 2 bars of Mithril per week!
-encounters with any creatures based on Hero's level and army
-new spells
-new heroes: Gavin Magnus (Tower), Lucifer Kreegan (Inferno), Trang Oul (Necropolis), undead Nicholas Gryphonheart (Necropolis), Tralossk (Fortress), Archibald Ironfist (Forge)
Last edited by Trang Oul on 22 Jan 2006, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Unread postby Needles » 07 Jan 2006, 23:32

Gaidal Cain wrote: ¤Ability to disable scouting's trait of adding rogues.
This option already exist in 2 places,
1.you can disable it in wog options so no hero will gain rouges or
2.You can disable it for only 1 hero(or more if you want) by right-click on scouting in hero screen(not on scouting icon but on scouting 'text' next to it)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jan 2006, 09:01

OK. Thing is that I haven't kept up to date with what's been done to all scripts, so I'm really unsure about wheter some things are already done or not.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

InsaneWallaby
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby InsaneWallaby » 09 Jan 2006, 20:53

Most scripts are pretty easy to make, so I really don't have any requests on those that change gameplay...if anything, there are a few different things I would like, mostly to increase the options available to scripters...

1. Give the ability to change picture of hero or creatures on the adventure map, if this is not already possible.
2. Give the ability to change the picture of the hero in combat, if at all possible.
3. More "z" variables. Yes, there are still open ones, but there really aren't a ton of those left to work off of.
4. Easier management of creature growth in towns. A simple scripting command that makes it so that "Player X growth of Y creature type increases by Z" would make changing creature growth a LOT easier.
5. Fixing some of the minor bugs within the current scripts. I've nailed a few of them down and fixed them in my own set of scripts, but there are still a couple out there, and having the set of scripts downloadable off the web with no bugs would make it easier when you want to transfer scripts to other computers for multiplayer use.
6. Ensure that all scripts work without flaws in multiplayer. Most do, but there's still some annoying bugs that happen.
7. Make the azure dragon stronger. Its special abilities pale in comparison to the other super-expensive dragons. This one should be easy; I did it myself in about 15 minutes. Nevertheless, it still irks me.
8. Have some "blank" scripts. You know how in the WoG options you can enable certain scripts to occur during a game, such as mithril enhancements and artifact replacement? Have about 10 slots on the end of those options which would enable new scripts, which will be blank until the user mods them, to execute the files script78.erm to script87.erm to be added in. Essentially, give us blank scripts with the ability to enable them through the WoG options. Maybe this is already possible; I don't know. If it is, though, it would probably be a pain to do unless this was added in.
9. Flip the gorgon into it's proper bit spot when dealing with scripting...it is currently place between the level 2 and 3 beastmaster units, instead of between the 4 and 6 beastmaster units, as it should be. Doubt this is possible, but it would be helpful, nevertheless.

That's about all for me. Anything else that was added to change gameplay I would probably like quite a bit, so I look forward to anything new, but have no requests on new objects--mostly just some tweaks and minor bug correction. Thanks, and good luck with the next version.

golfleme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby golfleme » 13 Jan 2006, 09:52

Hi,
Make WoG stable on MP! And, if possible, make most of the actual options to be fully compatible with MP game...

Bad Taste
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Taste » 17 Jan 2006, 20:16

Right click artifact info in the map would be nice and better visual info on commander statistics (in battle) instead of %gj-???:)
Stable MP

Nice work on WOG So far it made me play HOMM again, and again and again and.... you ge the point

Thanx

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 19 Jan 2006, 09:14

InsaneWallaby wrote:Most scripts are pretty easy to make, so I really don't have any requests on those that change gameplay...if anything, there are a few different things I would like, mostly to increase the options available to scripters...

1. Give the ability to change picture of hero or creatures on the adventure map, if this is not already possible.
You can change hero adventure map pictures easily enough with ERM. You can't change creature pictures however. Maybe in the future.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 2. Give the ability to change the picture of the hero in combat, if at all possible.
Not yet possible but hopefully in 3.59.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 3. More "z" variables. Yes, there are still open ones, but there really aren't a ton of those left to work off of.
True, it would be nice to have more. The main problem is that they take up a lot of memory (compared to numeric v variables) and may also increase the size of save game files. I hope that at the least, Slava can add more temporary z variables to 3.59 but perhaps some more permanent ones can be added too. I guess we'll see.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 4. Easier management of creature growth in towns. A simple scripting command that makes it so that "Player X growth of Y creature type increases by Z" would make changing creature growth a LOT easier.
I don't know if that's possible or not but you never know. If nothing else, perhaps someone will come up with a "library" script that can be used easily by other script writers.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 5. Fixing some of the minor bugs within the current scripts. I've nailed a few of them down and fixed them in my own set of scripts, but there are still a couple out there, and having the set of scripts downloadable off the web with no bugs would make it easier when you want to transfer scripts to other computers for multiplayer use.
We're trying to fix bugs and we've fixed many (in the 3.58f update) but I'm sure we'll never fix all of them. It's virtually impossible given the nature of the project. For that matter, I think all software has bugs of some sort.

The WoG site is being redesigned and we're still slowly fixing a few bugs but once that's all done, the update will probably be made available there (rather than just through the beta testing avenue).
InsaneWallaby wrote: 6. Ensure that all scripts work without flaws in multiplayer. Most do, but there's still some annoying bugs that happen.
May be impossible but you never know. Sometimes miracles happen. Unfortunately, a lot of team members can't play online and are unable to test their scripts, let alone figure out how to fix them for MP. It's complicated.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 7. Make the azure dragon stronger. Its special abilities pale in comparison to the other super-expensive dragons. This one should be easy; I did it myself in about 15 minutes. Nevertheless, it still irks me.
I think it's a matter of taste and depends a lot on what other scripts and creatures you use. For people who don't use level 8 creatures, it's still pretty fearsome. Anyway, there are various monster balancing scripts so it's possible you could convince the author of one of those to upgrade the Azure Dragons. I don't really think it warrants an option on its own.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 8. Have some "blank" scripts. You know how in the WoG options you can enable certain scripts to occur during a game, such as mithril enhancements and artifact replacement? Have about 10 slots on the end of those options which would enable new scripts, which will be blank until the user mods them, to execute the files script78.erm to script87.erm to be added in. Essentially, give us blank scripts with the ability to enable them through the WoG options. Maybe this is already possible; I don't know. If it is, though, it would probably be a pain to do unless this was added in.
Well..currently any script##.erm up to script99.erm will automatically be loaded so you can already create the scripts.

You can also create WoG Options for them. There's two unused "pages" in the WoG Options and one is set aside for user-created scripts. The pages won't show up unless there's at least one script there, however. You can add an option for a script by creating an ERS file for it. Or you can edit the WoG Options file itself (zsetup01.txt).

For more information, look in your Data\Text Resources Copy folder on your computer (in your WoG installation) and read the file named "How to Edit Zsetup Files.txt". The first part covers zsetup00.txt which defines the pages and groupings and the second part covers zsetup01.txt which defines the actual script options within each group on the page. It also tells you about ERS files.
InsaneWallaby wrote: 9. Flip the gorgon into it's proper bit spot when dealing with scripting...it is currently place between the level 2 and 3 beastmaster units, instead of between the 4 and 6 beastmaster units, as it should be. Doubt this is possible, but it would be helpful, nevertheless.
While it's caused much annoyance to myself and probably every other scripter, I don't think it can be changed without the source code and/or changing all references to it in the original program (not to mention editing all scripts that refer to it).
InsaneWallaby wrote: That's about all for me. Anything else that was added to change gameplay I would probably like quite a bit, so I look forward to anything new, but have no requests on new objects--mostly just some tweaks and minor bug correction. Thanks, and good luck with the next version.
Thanks for writing. :)
- Fnord

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 19 Jan 2006, 11:41

would it be possible to have a easy way to select only some of the enhaced artifacts or secondary skills?
for example not having the enhacement for torg of the rampanging ogre (fight weakly with ogres) but have the enhacement for another one...

not having all of them in the same script would be the solution...

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 19 Jan 2006, 21:49

RiccElijah wrote:would it be possible to have a easy way to select only some of the enhaced artifacts or secondary skills?
for example not having the enhacement for torg of the rampanging ogre (fight weakly with ogres) but have the enhacement for another one...

not having all of them in the same script would be the solution...
Perhaps but right now it's as much of an interface and space issue as anything else. Adding a dozen more options to the screen would fill it up rather quickly, and popping up too many additional dialog boxes at map start gets to be annoying.

Perhaps in 3.59 this can be solved if the WoG Options dialog can be enhanced. Then it would just be a matter of the person in charge of this script making the changes required. It wouldn't need to be broken down into multiple scripts for this to be done.
- Fnord

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 20 Jan 2006, 15:49

that's way I brought up the matter... if nobody would have do it.. nobody would mind (check if is possible to) do it ;)

zooo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zooo » 21 Jan 2006, 18:08

Gaidal Cain wrote:Post your ideas for the next version of WoG here. Keep in mind that we generally can't make new creatures on demand.

¤Linkable level 8 dwellings
As a map maker, this is all I want for .. well, next christmas! :)

-Kevin

gerardoletal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gerardoletal » 22 Jan 2006, 00:31

I would like to see sagamosa scripts plus a a lot of more artifacts, normal plus blank artifacts, i know there's a creature number limit but what about the artifacts fnord?
thank you.
Gerardo.

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 22 Jan 2006, 16:45

what do you mean for "linkable"??

PyroDrew
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PyroDrew » 23 Jan 2006, 08:22

*Option to disable Diplomacy.

*User-Friendly In-Game Spell Descriptions for new players. For example, instead of having the PDF manual running in the background to find out how much a FireWall (StoneSkin, Precision, etc etc etc) does, just have script calculate the number like original Heroes3 does with Lightning, IceRing, etc.

*This last one may be asking too much, but a Heroes2 type random map generator.

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 23 Jan 2006, 11:56

the random map generator is already there...

PyroDrew
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PyroDrew » 23 Jan 2006, 23:52

RiccElijah wrote:the random map generator is already there...
I know that.

If you ever saw the Heroes2 random map generator then you would know what I meant.

doom4d
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

+

Unread postby doom4d » 31 Jan 2006, 20:03

I would to see more free erm numbers and option numbers.. If we could use any dos file name with .erm/ert extension + 16bit option numbers..
I think one billion erm file with 64K option will be enough until 3.59f :)
And a help file with all the tools&knowledge used in development (except Borland C) to have the possibility of creating v3.60 or at least some new creatures, and combat spells visible in magic book..
I don't need more z vars, but we could use them more effectivley in scripts.. Some people uses a whole z var to store a 1bit flag! :((
And please, eliminate the bug in the random map generator: sometimes it creates isolated players..
+ Include my script99.erm, please :))))

eperbab

UPDATE: I have just installed my net. Where can I play WoG3.59f in MP? :) Without VNC hotseat?

Perfecto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Perfecto » 02 Feb 2006, 00:57

Gaidal Cain wrote: ¤A mithril mine.
Already included in 3.59. (1 mithril each second day, but with own guardians inside)

doom4d
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

+

Unread postby doom4d » 03 Feb 2006, 09:22

Personally I think that it is very dangerous to believe, that You can learn only if you are the winner.. Generally we learn more from our big losses..
So please, inlcude these two options in 3.59:

- Heroes earn experience after lost battles

- Heroes earn experience from own losses

You could include separate effectiveness parameters (0-255%) for these options to have possibility of fine tuning.. May be 60% and 40% would be ok?You should count own losses w/o the eliminated (summoned) elementals at the end of battle.
Add it to WoG, please!! This is my wish for Christmas..

I have a dream of having a Multi-purpose Realistic Human Intelligence Developement Engine for Heroes (Mr. Hide), was submitted for H5 (like movement frequency based speed skill- as you have seen in H5beta), and I have a simplified proposal for WoG also:

We could count the number of usages for every spell, and then add level bonuses after it. Normally You can do things better, if You have more experience with them .. And experience meaned originally, that You excercises it..
Levels for N castings could be around SQRT(N/10+1) or LOG2(N/10+1).

It's a little bit complicated, and eats up memory (with 16 bit N numbers: more then 20 w vars per hero), but would be nice to see in WoG3.59.
And it was my wish for Hanuka :)

Return to “Wake of Gods”