Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 26 Jun 2007, 12:48

I use a thief when I play nature to collect resources at the beginning of a game, because it's too hard to beat most wandering monsters with sprites and wolves when you play in expert mode.

jeff

adding items to map

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2007, 18:28

Ok I mentioned earlier in the thread H-IV doesn’t seem to have the ability to add items to the map as it is played. However I am wrong under a certain condition it does. When we dig for treasure the game places a hole. Now I am not a programmer, so is it possible to use that to add some limited items, not by digging but by some new command use that routine. I am sure it would be difficult and not possible for 3.6, but perhaps a later release. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 23 Jul 2007, 11:07

I don't know whether this was here already mentioned, but IMO mage tower (order) should require necromantical library because magi have some death spells (altar of wishes requires clerical library and genies are able to cast some life spells)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 23 Jul 2007, 12:01

Interesting point, although that would mean the players would always choose golems instead of magi. Unless magi recieve some boost to their combat stats.

-Galactygon

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 24 Jul 2007, 06:33

or make the golem factory will require alchemist shop
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 24 Jul 2007, 12:15

to klaymen:
I was thinking about necro. library for mages and alchemist shop for golems, but it requires some changes in other factions to keep the balance. Otherwise, academy would be the slowest developing town (about 5k gold only for dwelling 2's requirements).
However I'm going to try to work out new developement trees, but IMO it will be pointless. I assume h4 players are satisfied with post-Eq ones.
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"
- Firebolt (Chaos spell, level 2)

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 24 Jul 2007, 18:34

naga are extremly cheap. their dwelling needs a prerequite

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 10 Aug 2007, 14:03

Primary skills :

actually, all heroes are exactly the same, except for secondary skills.

what would be great is if depending on their class, they could rather focus on attack, defense, number of spell points and spell power.
for example a barbarian would rather increase his attack, a mage his spell power, and spells casted by a warlock would be 1.5 times more powerful (spells which use a formula)

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 21 Jul 2008, 18:00

What do you guys think about NOT being able to dispel spell effects from creature abilities. For example Venom Spawns poison, Nightmares terror, Unicorns blinding. It's bad enough that there are natural immunities, wards, spell resistance, but there are also one or two spells that are able to remove the curse.
You cannot remove double strike, no range penalty, teleport and similar.
If the unit is a spellcaster, its spells may be dispelled, exorcised.
Removing poison with heal should be a disabled action, heroes wont have much trouble as heal heals much more hp than poison takes. Casting death ward while being poisoned will still negate half of its damage (its like the old heal with half effect against poison and much better effect if you combat death alignment enemies).

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 04 Nov 2008, 11:34

last suggest before rush.....

mermaid and sea monster could go on see since land

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 04 Nov 2008, 20:41

and so could also water elementals
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 18 Nov 2008, 21:30

i had a talk with Huk about barbarian equilibration, i think his interesting idea about sumon is little strange.... :D

my idea is the good way.... ;)

barb havent spel, if he can rush he is big, but on multiplayer map with hard gardians, barb is slower and weak on final battle because off big adversary army and Gm spel.....

i think barb need 2 things to be better on long map:

first is: better magic resist 10 to 30 on first castle, +15 on each other castle...

one is 30 (as red robe), 2 is 45, 3 is 60....... (or other mathematic equation....), but they realy need better resist (10 is too weak)

second is: better internal market, big market or second new building market, more expensive (7500) where we can buy scrol and tresure, not only weak item)

that is the good way for better barb on next equilibris, sorry for my poor english, im just french.....

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 19 Nov 2008, 13:40

my idea in picture:

edit

bigarsenal cost 4000 to 5000 gold it's an upgrade of basic arsenal

script choose random scrolls and tresures in good list:

Last edited by pacobac on 20 Nov 2008, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 19 Nov 2008, 15:43

1. Maybe instead of upgr. arsenal in barbarian town, which is IMO impossible to create, how about Shaman Conservatory? Right now there are 5 conservatories where you can buy parchments.

Mapmakers could easily place such an adv. object near barbarian.

Instead, you would buy scrolls. And IMO limited to some spells from Death, chaos and Nature magic as they are most "shaman":

Bloodlust, Slayer, Spell Shackle,
Cancellation, Magic Leech,
Speed, Snake Strike, Giant Strength, Anti-Magic/Magic Resistance, Quicksand

2. As for Magic Dampeners, thye should provide +25% MR to might units while +10% to non-might and be cumulative up to 50% (2 dampeners total)

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 20 Nov 2008, 12:06

1. Maybe instead of upgr. arsenal in barbarian town, which is IMO impossible to create
yes you are right, if first arsenal cost 7500----> very hard begin for barb, without immo.....

its better adding upgrad to basic arsenal, wich cost 4000 to 5000 gold

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 20 Nov 2008, 19:26

Yes, spliting arsenal evolution is better for some reasons:

- as you mentioned 7000gp is too much at start
- magic armies doesn't need to upgrade it just to buy immo
- if you would build behemoths you would have to pay more for predwellings

Still, i wonder if it's technically possible to create as you need new window layer ect. Hope Eq programming-wizards can do this.

My idea for arsenal window which theoretically is possibhle to be implemeted in the game:

normal
ImageImage

upgrade (2000-3000gp, some rare resources)
ImageImage

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 20 Nov 2008, 19:36

Isn't cancelation way too good for a might town ??? The non-blessing spells are less efective or have a chance not to be cast at all if you look from the non-might towns. Cancelation or Dispel are way too good because the non-might lvl4 can put up with might lvl4 only if they have stacked blesses, not one or two. (ok you may want to risk it with a curse but i am saying what about the situation where you like to play it safe)
Resistance is a good thing for might but there should be another way for them to compete with the other factions, dampeners should not be powered up in my opinion ( or maybe just a little so that everyone is happy :P )
I would sudgest arsenal with 10(+-) random scrolls, or shop with 10(+-) random scrolls (if the new shop is possible I believe the modified arsenal is possible too). The scrolls can only get spells from lvl 1 (some spells may be banned and some from the upper levels may be added), but not in a way that can damage the ogre, even with the new spells ogre is still not that much of a choice, adding the spells they have in a scroll would be their doom.
Another way is adding better artifacts (potions) in the arsenal.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 20 Nov 2008, 20:21

Well, Barbarian is only good in mid game, which is less important than early and late game. The idea is to make barbarian more challenging for magic factions:

-MR as typical barbarian feature against cursing spells (early and mid game when you depend on creatures)
-scrolls for late game (when final armies consist of group of heroes and 1-2 stack of 4th sometimes also 3rd lv units)

About cancellation:
3 opponent's heroes with GM magic blessing-spells make your unit far stronger than might's.
Try to kill first strike champions with fortune, dragon strenght and (6) angel guardians without dispell spells. Meanwhile a foe tactician with advanced magic waps swarms your t-bird. Barb is doomed

Paco's idea is very good. IMO getting 3 random scrolls from 10+ (ok, you can add life and order too) isn;t too much. If you get Slayer, snake strike and quicksand you have just bad luck.

As for dampeners, as I said, they would be cumulative but only up to 50% MR (for barbarian 2 cities, for others 5). From experience 70%MR is where you can be safe during combat

About ogres, well, I need to think about it. But I believe it's possible to find a way to keep them worth to recruit even if heroes get scrolls

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 22 Nov 2008, 02:30

Ok you are right, but those things just make the game more random, if you give to might faction 3 scrolls that are randomly chosen, than it can easily be like 0 or 1 whether you win or not.
My idea about 10 scrolls may be or is even worse but consider this one:
Magic dampener doesn't give magic resistance but gives ability to the might alignment creatures just like the ring of permanency, you cannot remove blesses AND curses from them once they are cast. ( I am not sure that ring of permanency did the same for curses but I believe it would be great for might)
Interesting addition would be that ogres would be the only ones that can give magic resistance to army so they would be a lot more of a viable choice.
The new dampener maybe can be made to even work for might heroes so that the potion effects will be a lot more useful.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 22 Nov 2008, 10:36

A sick idea came to my mind:

What if dampeners would make spells fizzle instead of boosting MR? So, let's say there would be 15%+10%/number of dampeners chance for any spell (yes yes, blessings are gone) to have no effect. DD-spells would be just weakened like with MR. Limit would be 33-50%. (3-5 dampeners)

Also Antimagic or Cancellation could be provided only by Ogres. Scrolls could give then only blessing spells like Bloodlust or Snake strike

That would be effective magic hate.

Return to “Equilibris”