Bioshock

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Bioshock

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Jun 2007, 04:11

Bioshock is an upcoming FPS that is being developed for the PC and 360 that is considered the spiritual successor of the System Shock series. The game inovlves an underwater city created to be a place where the world's most brilliant minds could work unrestricted by governments and laws. The society thrived and eventually learned the secrets of genetics and how to alter themselves. Eventually chaos ensues and by chance, the man character finds himself exploring the city and what has become of the utopia. Here's a good article about it from Gamers With Jobs.

Here's the official site and here's what wikipedia has on it.

Additionally, 3D Gamers has a 7 minute gampelay trailer. The trailer is fairly large at 358 mb and takes awhile to download, even on wireless.
This game is the main reason I got a 360.

Lastly, if anybody has wondered what my current avatar is (assuming I don't change it anytime soon), it's part of a design entered for a contest of a Big Daddy arriving too late to save a Little Sister.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 07 Jun 2007, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 07 Jun 2007, 04:32

Sounding pretty nice!

So THAT'S where your new location is? :)

OT: Whatever happened to Enchanted Arms? Did you beat it? If so, what did you think of the ending? :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Jun 2007, 04:35

Nah, lost interest for the most part. I just wasn't too pysched about having to trudge through the elemental temples and then through the mega dungeon. I should probably beat it before Bioshock and Mass Effect come out.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 07 Jun 2007, 04:38

Oh...I see. Well, the ending is ok, I guess...if not a bit cliché. :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Jun 2007, 17:49

More on Bioshock.

A few sreenshots from IGN.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jun 2007, 20:34

You do know about what will be story? Because I do :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Jun 2007, 21:00

I have a pretty clear idea of the plot.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 09 Jun 2007, 00:14

I played some of System Shock 2. Was afraid when I ran around in the corridors and really liked the different development paths for the character. But I haven't cared one bit for Bioshock. I'll get some interest once I have a new computer since I refuse to play games that doesn't run perfect on my current computer.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Jun 2007, 00:22

This game looks really cool. Any idea of the sys req?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 09 Jun 2007, 00:40

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything conclusive on the official message board about the requirements. I did find this posted, but I have no idea how accurate it is.

"in short, get at least an nvidia card in the 7000 series (or an ati equivalent), get a multi core cpu, get at least a gig of ram and you should be fine.

DX10 is not neccessary for a great bioshock experience, but if you have the money, by all means shell out. i have vista and like it, dont have a dx10 card though..

official specs aren't out yet, but these are probably good enough for minimum to medium specs."

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Jun 2007, 00:48

Omega_Destroyer wrote:DX10 is not neccessary for a great bioshock experience, but if you have the money, by all means shell out. i have vista and like it, dont have a dx10 card though..
I don't have a dx10 card either. Thought about waiting, but decided that by the time they came out for notebooks, many months would have passed.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 09 Jun 2007, 02:15

Yeah, that's the drag with computers.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Jun 2007, 18:31

Gamespot's Bioshock preview. This game looks like it's going to be sweet. Hopefully the PC version won't be just a half-witted port of the XBOX360 version.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Jun 2007, 18:34

I'd be highly surprised if that was the case.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Jun 2007, 18:38

Me too, especially from what I've been reading. But.... a lot of times the PC version of a game gets the short end of the stick because it's less profitable.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Jun 2007, 19:07

I don't see Irrational doing that. I have a feeling it will be just as good, if not better, on the PC.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Jun 2007, 19:07

For those of you who have preordered the game, this is what the Big Daddy figurine that comes with the Limited Edition looks like.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 24 Jun 2007, 04:56

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 30 Jun 2007, 16:40

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Jul 2007, 17:04

Here's a list of the various plasmids and abilities that are available to the player in the game.

Confirmed Plasmids include:

Cyclone Trap - Creates a vortex that shoots enemies into the air.
Sonic Boom - A concussive blast that knocks back enemies.
Insect Swarm - A swarm of insects erupts from the user's arm and attacks anyone nearby.
Cryo Shards - Fires icy projectiles that freeze targets. When frozen, targets can be shattered with any weapon, Plasmid, or piece of the environment.
Incinerate! - Sets objects and enemies on fire by snapping the character's fingers on his right hand as if starting a imaginary lighter.
Electro Bolt - Fires bolts of electricity. Can extend to nearby enemies if they are standing on water.
Security Beacon - Causes all nearby Security Bots to attack the target.
Teleportation - Teleports user to predetermined location. (although the AI can use it freely between any two locations.)
Telekinesis - Can be used to lift and throw several kinds of objects such as bodies, furniture, TNT Barrels, etc. Can also be used to catch grenades.
Enrage - Causes target to attack all nearby targets (not just the player).
Speed Boost - Increases movement speed.
Mimic- Tricks Big Daddies into thinking the user is a Little Sister, earning him their protection

Confirmed Physical Tonics Include (tonics are passive abilities):

Hacker's Delight - With Hacker's Delight, your body converts the altered current from a hacked machine into a powerful healing agent. Hack and heal!
Booze Hound - Take full advantage of Rapture's distilleries and vintners. Drink to your health with Booze Hound!
Medical Expert - With Medical Expert, your first aid kits will go farther, healing sickness and injury at a rate you're sure to find astonishing.
EVE Link - Get more out of your first aid kits with EVE Link. This revolutionary new gene tool causes your body to produce EVE (the fuel for Plasmids) whenever you use first aid kits.
Bloodlust - Bloodlust heals your body and your mind as you swing. Be red in tooth and claw with Bloodlust.

Confirmed Engineering Tonics Include:

Security Expert - new offering in the HackSmart line, Security Expert was designed for the hacker specializing in disabling electronic security measures. You won't be secure without Security Expert!
Alarm Expert - A staple in the HackSmart line of Gene Tonics, Alarm Expert uses your body's electrochemical composition to diffuse circuitry alarms in secure systems. Try it today!
Vending Expert - With the Vending Expert Gene Tonic altering your EM signature, you can fool the pricing circuits at any vending station. Vending Expert will pay for itself in no time!
Hacking Expert - The original HackSmart Gene Tonic, Hacking Expert defuses alarms and helps avoid overloads. It's the must-have plasmid of the HackSmart line.

Confirmed Combat Tonics Include:

Electric Flesh - Supercharge your body with Electric Flesh, the ultimate in electricity enhancements. Insulate yourself from harm with new Electric Flesh.
Static Discharge - Ryan Industries introduces the latest in wartime deterrent genetics. Static Discharge makes you a walking Tesla Coil, zapping anything and everything foolish enough to strike you.
Melee Master - Melee Master bulks up your upper body, allowing you to wield club-like weapons with unprecedented skill and power.
Armored Shell - Useful in any hazardous situation, Armored Shell offers fantastic protection against life's bumps and bruises. Don't be a softie - use Armored Shell now!

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”