I need help to bash some Inferno freaks.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I need help to bash some Inferno freaks.

Unread postby Magepunk » 18 Jun 2007, 10:01

Well, i live together in dorms with 2 guys, who aren't there mostly. Recently i found out that they play HoMM5 too, so we started to discuss it, and it grew to a quite a quarrel fastly. Those guys think that Inferno is the best race, period. They think so, because a) they use some sort of a combo, which involves gating pit lords, letting them almost die, ressurecting them in a strange way that i don't understand and pummeling me with meteor showers all the time. and b) because they think gating is overpowered, and that the ultimate demon skill is a must-have.
I usually play Haven, other castles are in the following order: Academy, Fortress, Necro, Sylvan, Dungeon, Inferno. I'm holeric by the nature, so it all ended with me, challenging them on a 2 vs 1 match, with them playing inferno, and me, promising that i'll kick their arses.

The map's going to be some large map, probably RMG, and i'm thinking what to play, and how to develop my character to actually beat those guys, because they're no n00bs. (Well, at least not HoMM as a series n00bs) I'm thinking either Sylvan or Academy, because with Avenger, i could gain advantage of them, playing the same castle, or Academy, because of theirs supreme magic resistance through artifacts. Or maybe haven, because dougal + tons of marksman or klaus + tons of pallies are t3h ownage. I play Haven as a might oriented town, others as magic oriented mainly. I've read all the strategy guides available, and i think that i'm quite good at heroes, but because my home PC has no internet, i haven't really played against real people. I'd really appreciate your help, because those bastards own me completely in HoMM3 somehow, ('cuz i almost haven't played that game. They play that with that lizardman town) so this HoMM game should be my revenge. Besides, the only thing they do like the stratehy guide says is - they always thake money on chests.

Any advice?

EDIT: And we're playing HoF 2.1
"I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry."
--The Vault Dweller

I

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 18 Jun 2007, 10:25

Well, I'm no multiplayer expert, but I can say that playing 2v1 is a sure suicide.

About the rest I don't know... the thing is the towns in Heroes 5 are pretty much balanced, so there are no races conpletely superior to others (Necro maybe can be strong though.)

Nevertheless, if one of your enemy gets Deleb, you're toast. That Hero is certainly imba, and expect to lose in the first 2 weeks...

Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magepunk » 18 Jun 2007, 10:28

Because of deleb, we chose to play LARGE map. Besides, they have no idea of the deleb's speed ballista zerg

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Look

Unread postby nevermindspy » 18 Jun 2007, 10:31

I play alot and inferno is a great town but not the best and clearly not even one of the best ones...

In my personal order necro is the best town overall followed by academy/fortress but ofcourse map and other terms can effect the result..

Playing 2vs1 sounds very unbalanced, what is that suppose to prove?

Anyway my point is if you want to improve your game skills u need to practice , You can try to read some strategy guides in this forum and in HC (www.heroescommunity.com) but no post can teach u how to play its all practice :) . And to beat humans u gotta practice against humans not against the computer , so either get internet and play some humans or i see you lose for sure..

btw does your dorm friends have internet? If they play online i would suggest to you to spare the humiliation and avoid the game :P

If your interested in online homm playing www.toheroes.com is the place for that.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 18 Jun 2007, 10:53

2 on 1 was foolish.
Anyway, I'd play either Necro or Wizard, due to they being able to get the Banish ability or Sylvans because with a known enemy you could make perfect use of the Avenger skill.
The second thing is that you have to play FAST to try and decide the battle when they are NOT ready (and don't have the Ultimate).
ZZZzzzz....

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 18 Jun 2007, 11:19

nice sig there JJ :D

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 18 Jun 2007, 13:42

Pay one of them to switch sides. :)

First of all, make sure they aren't using any "quickly get Ultimate skill" mods. You've got to be level 29-30 to get that.

Inferno is very might-oriented. In my opinion, its greatest strength is the sheer number of stacks it can bring to a battle.

This would suggest summoning magic as a means of creating some stacks of your own as well as access to Banish.

And the lizardmen town is the best town in Heroes III. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jun 2007, 14:07

Bandobras Took wrote:This would suggest summoning magic as a means of creating some stacks of your own as well as access to Banish.
Yup, if you can get Banish, you've pretty much nullified their special ability.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 Jun 2007, 14:41

That's a testament to their skills if they can only beat a person 2 on 1.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Jun 2007, 17:30

Yeah they are pack hunters not lone wolves ;)

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 18 Jun 2007, 18:18

Depends on whether there was bragging and such and who made the suggestion.
ZZZzzzz....

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 18 Jun 2007, 19:42

1 vs 2 is quite crazy. Possibly easier with magic than might. Unless your powerstack completely owerwhelms the first opponent, the second battle will be harder with just creatures. I would bet on Jihora with summoning/banish, enlightenment, sorcery, dark and/or destructive and/or defense. Probably try MMR. Necro would be an alternative, but but i suck with it.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 18 Jun 2007, 20:09

Well, I'm trying to add something.
If you play Sylvan you are betting on Luck (which is Sylvan's play), meaning you bet on hitting favorite enemies with Luck and simply cripple the opponent before he knows what's happening. That's an interesting strategy in light of pushing through a decisive victory.
Better, though, seems Necro: You can get Banish; high level Dark Magic spells are worthless against you; you can press on early without the need to go back to town and have control about game pace; Raise Dead will help you conserve troops if you have a managable first battle.
Lastly, with Academy you need a good grip on what you can manage. There are a couple of strategies possible which depend on the map and the exact resources and so on. Here you bet on banish and completely superior magic. My advice is to play Academy only if you are well versed with them and have a firm grip on Academy rushing with or without early mage guild development; with Academy every resource counts in the late game.
Haven might be able to win you against ONE opponent, but you will be crippled against a good opponent. Still, if you feel comfortable with Haven it would play better than an uncomfortable Academy.
Dungeon is too vulnerable, imo. You may beat the first opponent, but the price will be too high - you simply have not enough numbers.

If Inferno wouldn't be your least favorite I'd advise to beat them in their own game. Start with Deleb, blitz the map, win against one opponent and claim because you have two towns then. :)
ZZZzzzz....

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Jun 2007, 20:23

eeuh you can try to rush 1 of them and try to 2 v 1 castle the other guy :s
from what I'm hearing thier going fast pitlord so their fort upgrades should be poor if I'm not mistaken perfect for a marksman rush :)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jun 2007, 21:24

Jolly Joker wrote:If Inferno wouldn't be your least favorite I'd advise to beat them in their own game. Start with Deleb, blitz the map, win against one opponent and claim because you have two towns then. :)
Since the point of the game is to prove that inferno isn't overpowered, I don't think him choosing it would be very smart...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 18 Jun 2007, 23:25

the answer is quite simple :take the haven expert balista guy rush them straight forward and win or loos this fight, after it is gg, as you go back to your castle get your troops and finish the second not as developped hero.
the key here is triple balista + healing tent
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Jun 2007, 01:51

They're going for Pit Lords and Devils, so if you can knock one of them out before that time, you'll have a chance to build up to fend off the other one, who will have taken time to build up himself.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 19 Jun 2007, 16:53

Well that can be really problem:D
Banish really helps, but even tru that it can be problem - mainly if 1 of them has agrael(if u play really large map:D)
I have made custom scenario(hehe) where I made IMO top 4 heroes(I mean every1 has ultimate:D and gosu artifacts) and inferno was able to toast wizard even tru banish.
Well, I had those heroes only on isles of terra map(they were the same!).
Nobody except necropolis could beat the inferno(and inferno had even sandro's cloak!)
well the point is that when they are going 4 ultimate, don't let them to cast mass slow mass haste mass confusion combo or u are dead. Nothing can battle against army, which moves 4x often than u and u can't shoot/retaliate:-/(of course if familiars drain u'r mana~~)

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 19 Jun 2007, 17:18

1 versus 2 is not a problem provided map is right. ;)
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magepunk » 20 Jun 2007, 06:34

Well, they actually decided to play Rise to Power map, with 3 pc slotls closed. (3 neutral castles) one of them took Nebiros (+1 luck, denies tactics) as a main hero, other took Nybus. (the gate keeper guy) We played with auto combat with replay options and dynamic battles. Those dudes were some challenge, but only because there was 2 of them. I played academy, with Jhora, like you told me, and....well, i didn't lose any castle at all. The game was hard, because they teamed up, and while i was busy, beating the crap out of one dude's heroes, the other dude went on stealing all my mines. In the end, i was about level 26, while they were about level 21 each. Somehow, they deciced NOT to try & take the dragon utopia, which i cleared. They didn't look for the grail too, which i found, and somehow, they were more n00bish than i thought. Heh.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”