Pin-Up of the East

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 14 Jun 2007, 15:59

This Orc woman's arms are manly? Not really. She's just athletic. Reminds me a bit of Julie Bell:

http://www.imaginistix.com/juliebiodeta ... juliebio=3

Or even Serena Williams:

http://www.tennisfreunde-much.de/Impres ... 004_06.jpg

The Furies, Succubi, Matriarchs, and Orc Shamans are all fighter units, and all have toned to athletic looks. It'd look silly otherwise, especially in the case of the orc. Besides, she has Succubus blood, and look at their bodies.
Edited on Thu, Jun 14 2007, 12:02 by Moragauth

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Jun 2007, 17:11

Moragauth wrote:This Orc woman's arms are manly? Not really. She's just athletic.
Orcs are supposed to be strong and ugly. The orc women should be strong and ugly too. This female IS strong and ugly. Period.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Saturas » 14 Jun 2007, 18:19

Not ugly enough:)

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 14 Jun 2007, 18:42

I don't disagree that she's ugly - just not on account of her physique. Logically she should be pretty though due to Succubus blood. :P

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Jun 2007, 18:56

I don't think it makes her tough. I'd say it makes her smart enough to outwit a bunch of stupid men, like Godric, Finidan, Raelag, and the wizard.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Jun 2007, 19:05

Well, that's the point.
She has a very nice body. Well defined muscles, wiry, shapely, an athlet's body with very nice breasts (t*ts is a quote).
You know, I'm a pretty old fart. When I let my hair grow at the beginning of the 70s when I was in high school (or what would be high school), so many people made fun of me (and of course of everyone who was growing long hair). It looked "girlish". If you lived in an area with low density of people, i.e rural areas, it was infinitely worse. In the US it was probably STILL worse. Today, you can have your hair as long as you want, no one will call you "girl" because of long hair.
I'd thought the time had long gone that someone would call a woman "looking like a male" because the had some muscles and not really big breasts. Obviously I was wrong.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Jun 2007, 19:07

Mod edit: post deleted.

Watch your mouth.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2007, 19:41

Veldrynus wrote:
Why do you people ****** care about how pretty a pixel-female is?
Boredom... we really need another 5+ years World War... just so we have somthing to do.

Fun fact: Short hair for men became the norm after the world wars, seems that lice infestation was common in trenches.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Jun 2007, 20:29

ThunderTitan wrote:
Veldrynus wrote:
Why do you people ****** care about how pretty a pixel-female is?
Boredom... we really need another 5+ years World War... just so we have somthing to do.
Well, I know the right answer myself, but I decided to stay diplomatic and do not write it.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 14 Jun 2007, 20:43

"Why do you people ****** care about how pretty a pixel-female is?"

So you would rather play a game filled with ugly crones and guys who look like clones of Quasimodo? In which case I guess get rid of all factions except Necropolis. :)

"Well, I know the right answer myself, but I decided to stay diplomatic and do not write it."

Please do share. I doubt it'll be the right answer, but go ahead.
Edited on Thu, Jun 14 2007, 17:07 by Moragauth

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby hein321 » 14 Jun 2007, 21:46

i don't get it either but my point of view is to have everything as realistic according to histroy as possible. but let's say for instance just for argument sake that hell did exist as portrayed and myths and stuff did exist i really doubt that hell would have any female on their ranks it's just not right according to the bible angels were male i never heard of a female angel and a demon is just an angel gone wrong so how does it work now they somehow get a sex change in the process and become a female really the entire idea of a succubus and queen isabel going in to battle and woopin a dragon's ass alone is just so silly to me i am immideatly discrouaged if a game's main character is female i either don't play those game but in heroes's case i made an exception because of the other campaigns with the 1:5 ratio.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 14 Jun 2007, 22:08

To cut your argument right off from the beginning, all I need say is that HoMM has its own universe, and thus need not adhere to canonical mythology. Succubi do arise in myths though, but I'm not sure whether they're in the Bible at all. As for Angels, are they not genderless? And btw who gives a damn if Isabel is a woman? This stuff is not based on history - it would be pretty dull if it were. It is fantasy - don't like it, don't play fantasy games.
Edited on Thu, Jun 14 2007, 18:12 by Moragauth

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Jun 2007, 22:08

8 lines of text, 1 period, and gender-bending angel demons. Nice post. :)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Jun 2007, 22:47

Wow.

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby hein321 » 14 Jun 2007, 23:18

listen superwoman who "cuts my argument right off from the beggining"i am well aware of the fact that its not based on history now if we were to open a poll on people's meanings on whether angels are male and female angels nothing in between i am pretty sure that male will win.but this is a place for leaving comments not to debate i play homm i can play quite good in fact any faction any series any time.i am always open for a quick hommV ubisoft.com duel.

btw the orc woman is good as a matter of fact i just loved them back in neverwinter nights hehe

ahem just to fend off the moderators i meant with superwoman "morgauth"" or whatever the name is got a little...confused jaar

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jun 2007, 00:52

did you also mean to post three times in 8 minutes or so? there is an edit button :)
Read your post again, that may help. You said the arms and the sixpack would make her look like a man and she had small t*ts. Now, obviously that means that for you a supposedly female being looks like a man with a sixpack and strong, wiry arms, even though those are no sexual characteristics - they are gender neutral. If they remind you of a male you are strongly biassed. Furthermore, you are constructing a link between t*t size and feminity - another dubious thing to do. Lastly, if your linebacker coach in highschool had t*ts, why does SHE look like him (a woman like a man), but HE like HER (a man like a woman)?
holy god. what is going on here? and believe me JJ I coulda quoted others before writing what I'm about to, but yours was more fun to do :)

can we all just think about what this has turned into? for christs sake, we're discussing a piece of artwork of an orc woman, wearing very little, and it's become about religion, sex, stereotypes and just about everything else .... sh!t

there have been personal opinions expressed on both sides and we're arguing here like a bunch of schoolgirls (another stereotype) if you don't agree - fine, don't get your panties in a twist ....

sheesh
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 15 Jun 2007, 01:32

Hein:

1) I'm not a woman.

2) I do not care what polls would reveal. Only accuracy.

3) Good for you.

I am still a bit puzzled why someone who is into accuracy would play a fantasy game to begin with.
Edited on Thu, Jun 14 2007, 21:35 by Moragauth

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Jun 2007, 01:45

Maybe it's about time this thread road on into the sunset.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 Jun 2007, 01:57

Funny how some people react and have to reply whenever somebody believes in traditional things....I too see muscles as manly and don't want women to have that.

And what does sixpack mean here? Means six beers for me :p

And why are you calling it tits all the time? We can say breats or hooters instead.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jun 2007, 03:29

call it what you will IMO, does it really matter? I think we all know what we're talking about
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “News”