Pin-Up of the East

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jun 2007, 18:29

Must resist making manly women and being in the closet jokes.... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jun 2007, 22:20

Jolly Joker wrote:I protest officially against my post being deleted.
Protest noted and duly ignored. It is not anyones right to make personal attacks of any kind on this forum, whatever reason they think they have.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Jun 2007, 05:33

That discriminating post is still there in all its dumb glory. Don't you realize how offending that is, for example, for female athlets who all have a sixpack and are prette muscular elsewhere as well? Are you really going to maintain that all these women look loke men if they can't make up for it with basketball t*ts?

RTK gravyluvr, you find that orcish girl has small t*ts and looks like a man with her arms and sixpack. I find your post has small brains and looks like the bad joke of someone still a toddler but fighting to go on to adolescent.

Now, can someone answer me the question, why HE is allowed to say that someone like this Orc girl looks like a man while I am NOT allowed to say that someone who posts bull like that looks like an idiot?

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 14 Jun 2007, 05:48

Personally I think athletic women can look great (e.g. the Furies in HoMM V, or Madonna), and definitely need not be man-like; in fact I prefer it over today's prevalent flabby look. As for the Orc, she is repulsive, but not because of her build. Just the facial features.
Edited on Thu, Jun 14 2007, 02:30 by Moragauth

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Jun 2007, 06:07

Let me add here, that his post would have some merits if at least all men or a majority of them indeed HAD a sixpack and a muscular build. :)
However, truth looks different. So following that logic you could say that lots of men look girlish-soft.
It's just some very old and bad prejudice at work here because it claims that muscles are the domain of the males while females have to have big t*its first and foremost.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Jun 2007, 06:34

Jolly Joker wrote:That discriminating post is still there in all its dumb glory. Don't you realize how offending that is, for example, for female athlets who all have a sixpack and are prette muscular elsewhere as well? Are you really going to maintain that all these women look loke men if they can't make up for it with basketball t*ts?

RTK gravyluvr, you find that orcish girl has small t*ts and looks like a man with her arms and sixpack. I find your post has small brains and looks like the bad joke of someone still a toddler but fighting to go on to adolescent.

Now, can someone answer me the question, why HE is allowed to say that someone like this Orc girl looks like a man while I am NOT allowed to say that someone who posts bull like that looks like an idiot?
gravy's post looks to me like an opinion piece written with some humour ....
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Jun 2007, 06:41

It was a joke with his FIRST post.

And how come everybody wets their pants when a post just LOOKS like it might contain something in connection with religion, while belittling male posts about females are "humorous opinion"?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Jun 2007, 07:43

cause we're nerds? :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 14 Jun 2007, 07:43

Jolly Joker wrote: Now, can someone answer me the question, why HE is allowed to say that someone like this Orc girl looks like a man while I am NOT allowed to say that someone who posts bull like that looks like an idiot?
Most importantly the orcish girl is not a real person and thus has no feelings. Even if she would have feelings, there is no valid proof that and orcish girl (who is in some sense a warrior BTW) takes such comments as insults. Remember Ice Age 2 where Manny said to that girl a great compliment: "You have the largest @ss I have ever seen!"? And if you certainly want all species have human feelings and West-European mindset, then I personally find "idiot" more insulting than opposite sex look-like. Though I admit that for women maybe it is the opposite, no idea.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Jun 2007, 09:29

This is a dual edged sword to be honest. One one side art and freedom of speech (or artistic freedom if you will) should be protected. On the other side right now our society has been indocturnated so deeply that if you are not married and behind closed/locked/barred doors that nudity is wrong that it is hard to over come that. Thus this debate has merits on both sides. Typically neither side in a debate like this will see the other side regardless of what transpires.

If I ever have a child do I want my infant/toddler to be subjected to sexual adds? Of course not. Regardless of how good a parent you are; however, you can not be everywhere at all times. So education and honesty is the best policy. Not bible burning..excuse me I mean destroying art/historical texts/offensive material. That is a dangerous path. (If you are wondering the reference is to a time in history when the bible was sought out to be burned for 'offensive' references).

If we burned, destroyed, or otherwise eliminated anything that could possibly offend anybody there would be nothing left. Even scientific books would have to be gathered and destroyed. We would never be able to speak, or possibly in the future think anything at all. That doesnt sound very pleasant to me.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Jun 2007, 12:26

Mytical wrote: On the other side right now our society has been indocturnated so deeply that if you are not married and behind closed/locked/barred doors that nudity is wrong that it is hard to over come that.

If I ever have a child do I want my infant/toddler to be subjected to sexual adds? Of course not.
It seems like you didn't manage to overcome the indoctrination either.

My children will know what sex is, earlier than they learn about Santa Claus.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Jun 2007, 13:33

Maybe if someone would have said "potatoes are stupid" or "pouring gravy over anything is idiotic" someone might get away with insults.

I merely critiqued artwork. It is not the same as making personal insults.

If somebody looks at a painting and says... "That looks odd" and then then person next to them takes out a dagger and stabs the critic would you consider that justified.

Not a serman... just a thought.

Note: I can't help it if that orc is the spitting image of my linebacker coach in highschool (and yes... wait for it... wait for it... he had t*ts too).
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Jun 2007, 13:38

Veldrynus wrote:My children will know what sex is, earlier than they learn about Santa Claus.
As long as they don't learn it FROM Santa Claus. :devil:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2007, 13:59

Moragauth wrote:Just the facial features.
Well that's the last place men look anyhow.
V wrote: My children will know what sex is, earlier than they learn about Santa Claus.
You cheap bastard...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Jun 2007, 14:42

gravyluvr wrote:Maybe if someone would have said "potatoes are stupid" or "pouring gravy over anything is idiotic" someone might get away with insults.

I merely critiqued artwork. It is not the same as making personal insults.

If somebody looks at a painting and says... "That looks odd" and then then person next to them takes out a dagger and stabs the critic would you consider that justified.

Not a serman... just a thought.

Note: I can't help it if that orc is the spitting image of my linebacker coach in highschool (and yes... wait for it... wait for it... he had t*ts too).
Read your post again, that may help. You said the arms and the sixpack would make her look like a man and she had small t*ts. Now, obviously that means that for you a supposedly female being looks like a man with a sixpack and strong, wiry arms, even though those are no sexual characteristics - they are gender neutral. If they remind you of a male you are strongly biassed. Furthermore, you are constructing a link between t*t size and feminity - another dubious thing to do. Lastly, if your linebacker coach in highschool had t*ts, why does SHE look like him (a woman like a man), but HE like HER (a man like a woman)?

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Jun 2007, 14:43

ThunderTitan wrote:
Moragauth wrote:Just the facial features.
Well that's the last place men look anyhow.
V wrote: My children will know what sex is, earlier than they learn about Santa Claus.
You cheap bastard...
:rofl:
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 Jun 2007, 14:50

You know, there is a word for t*t that doesn't use the *: it's called breast. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Jun 2007, 15:02

Wait... you guys are talking about breasts?!? I thought you were talking about birds!!!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Jun 2007, 15:14

theLuckyDragon wrote:You know, there is a word for t*t that doesn't use the *: it's called breast. :)
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I love athletic girls. But no one should have arms that big. I think it's unattractive.

Not every dude has a 6-pack* but those features are more prominant on men then on women so seeing this picture makes me think she looks like a dude.

Now all I can think of is the scene in Top Secret where they introduce the East German Woman's Olympic team (where dudes in dresses come out, some with mustaches and beards) and sing [the East German national anthem]: Hail, hail East Germany / Land of fruit and grape / Land where you'll regret / If you try to escape / No matter if you tunnel under or take a running jump at the wall / Forget it, the guards will kill you, if the electrified fence doesn't first.

*unless we count beer
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Jun 2007, 15:22

If we count beer, I have several six packs... but not for long! :-D

Return to “News”