Some skill Clarifications

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Jun 2007, 20:44

Huh. I never knew it was limited in its selection. I guess I'll have to start cranking up the difficulty.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 10 Jun 2007, 21:09

<DifficultyEasy>
<MaxSpellLevelToCast>3</MaxSpellLevelToCast>

<DifficultyNormal>
<MaxSpellLevelToCast>3</MaxSpellLevelToCast>

<DifficultyHard>
<MaxSpellLevelToCast>5</MaxSpellLevelToCast>

<DifficultyHeroic>
<MaxSpellLevelToCast>5</MaxSpellLevelToCast>

The above was taken directly from the game files. I've noticed the a.i. uses the high level spells more on maps with dragon utopias.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 10 Jun 2007, 21:13

PhoenixReborn wrote:The above was taken directly from the game files. I've noticed the a.i. uses the high level spells more on maps with dragon utopias.
Probably because the AI learns spells from the utopia so they have more to chose from. Otherwise if they leave home early and don't go back they may not know high level spells.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 10 Jun 2007, 21:52

Why do you people think the Sharpshooter is overpowered with its 75% defense reducement? If he only got one shot and have the same attack and damage as the Master Hunters then the Master Hunters are still better because of Warding Arrow.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jun 2007, 23:49

They are not by a long shot. The sparpshooters have +1 att/def and initiative to shoot first. Their damage is 8-9 while the master hunters attack for 5-8 out of range. Now adding a -75% defense reduction seems an overkill really...
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 11 Jun 2007, 02:11

It seems Nival values Warding Arrow highly (and rightly so). But 5-8 and 8-9 isn't that much of a difference and can be negated with good or bad luck.
And since Light Magic is the magic of choice for Rangers, the damagegap really don't matter because of Mass Bless which will reduce the damagegap to 1 point.

Forced shot has a chance to strike right?

Agnus Dei
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Agnus Dei » 11 Jun 2007, 18:03

I think that this Obsidian Golems' ability is great. The way I see it, it is a sort of destructive spell imunity aura. Why not place them near gargoyles? This way they take the dmg/get healed while your other units stay protected. That's untill gargoyles charge forward (silly, isn't it :-D ) ofc. Then golems are left to protect your shooters.
On the other hand I might be totaly off the right conclusion... ;|

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Jun 2007, 19:00

Most abilities seems surprisingly creative and nice. But.. yes 75% defence reduction, thats almost as much as the anicient behemoth did in meele in H3 with 80% dmg.red 8|

The poltergeist should at least have a small stat boost, since their ammo steal aint usefull at all with heroes having ammo cart. Nival could either have limited use of ammo cart, like giving 10 or 20 extra shots for all ranged units. If a shooter has 10 arrows, 10 poltergeist will sap em away, and if the ammo cart reload the shooters quivers etc next round and the poltergeist+hig initiative before that round...well the ammo cart would also be soacked :devil:

Hmm the red dragon having two kind of abilities?? :| Some kind of dive bombing AND/OR incarniate?

Anyway, Nival are doing a great job now, now balance issues on the other hand :S
Last edited by Orfinn on 11 Jun 2007, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Jun 2007, 19:03

Agreed. I'm looking very forward to the expansion now.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”