Price of PoI

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)

Price of PoI:

No change.
40%
25%
No votes
15%
+resource
15%
Balance in other way...
5%

Total votes: 20

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 May 2007, 15:57

Dalai wrote:AI heroes DO use PoI. Quoting changeog:
The AI Heroes do? Even when I use the Editor to give the AI Heroes PoI's before the game starts, I have never known them to actually use these potions. Sometimes I see them get defeated by wandering monsters even when I know they have two or three PoI's in their inventories. When I finally defeat them, or the monsters that defeated them, I get back all the PoI's which were given to them in the Editor. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 31 May 2007, 18:41

HodgePodge wrote:
Dalai wrote:AI heroes DO use PoI. Quoting changeog:
The AI Heroes do? Even when I use the Editor to give the AI Heroes PoI's before the game starts, I have never known them to actually use these potions. Sometimes I see them get defeated by wandering monsters even when I know they have two or three PoI's in their inventories. When I finally defeat them, or the monsters that defeated them, I get back all the PoI's which were given to them in the Editor. ;|
they don't actually use them, there is just a script run at the higher difficulty settings which causes every AI hero to have the potion of imortality effect on them at the begaining of each battle, start any map at an expert level then get in combat with an AI hero, if you look at the spells they have cat on them they'll have guardian angle cast on them which is the same effect a potion of immortality gives

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 May 2007, 19:51

rhomboidspace wrote:they don't actually use them, there is just a script run at the higher difficulty settings which causes every AI hero to have the potion of imortality effect on them at the begaining of each battle, start any map at an expert level then get in combat with an AI hero, if you look at the spells they have cast on them they'll have guardian angel cast on them which is the same effect a potion of immortality gives
Yeah, I knew that Equilibris added the 'Guardian Angel" effect to the AI Heroes but still, they won't use any of the actual Potions.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 31 May 2007, 22:01

Ive voted for "No change".

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Jun 2007, 00:18

I also voted no change, I really don't see the point. Even when resources are scare, there comes a point when you still end up with far more than you could ever use. So increasing the price may limit their use in the early stages, but in the long run it would not change much. So it is much better to spend the time applying the finishing touches to ver. 3.6, so we can get our hands on it.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 01 Jun 2007, 10:33

HodgePodge wrote: The AI Heroes do? Even when I use the Editor to give the AI Heroes PoI's before the game starts, I have never known them to actually use these potions. Sometimes I see them get defeated by wandering monsters even when I know they have two or three PoI's in their inventories. When I finally defeat them, or the monsters that defeated them, I get back all the PoI's which were given to them in the Editor. ;|
I had another kind of problem. I created a AI hero who could resurrect his whole army after each battle. but he was too scared to fight and stayed in his castle during the entire game...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Jun 2007, 20:26

Le_Faucheur wrote:I had another kind of problem. I created a AI hero who could resurrect his whole army after each battle. but he was too scared to fight and stayed in his castle during the entire game...
How did you manage that? Create a Cardinal with GM Resurrection, St. Ranan's Staff and the Ankh of Life? That's kinda cool. Too bad there isn't a skill or spell or potion which gives a Hero courage. :-D

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 Jun 2007, 21:13

HodgePodge wrote:Too bad there isn't a skill or spell or potion which gives a Hero courage. :-D
But there are scripts doing this. One of them (AI boost script by Rakne Fne) was mentioned in CH news.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 07 Jun 2007, 11:59

1500 is fair price for the effect.
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"
- Firebolt (Chaos spell, level 2)

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 07 Jun 2007, 12:10

h4 online need PoI, we play hard map expert level (only 5000 gold to play), we need this potion to survive a little vs neutral armee, but we don't use a lot of "gardian angel" maybe 1 or 2 by heroe vs neutral and 1 or 2 by heroe on final battle vs other snicky human....... ;)

1000 gold is good price !!

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 21 Sep 2007, 19:31

Pol wrote:Everyone cannot get it, in SP AI will gladly ignore this potion forever.
(Here is perhaps some planned change in Equi?)

Also potion is supposed to bring you one more life so it should be most expensive of them all.

And in MP it will actually speed up the game, slowing down heroes with weak (pure) combat skills.

Life is not cheap. :D

Thats correct, AI cant buy this potion and needs a change.

I'll try to look for several solutions about this ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Sep 2007, 19:43

Actually Equi cast PoI on AI heroes. That's solution currently in use. It's working but it's not a neat.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 21 Sep 2007, 19:46

Pol wrote:Actually Equi cast PoI on AI heroes. That's solution currently in use. It's working but it's not a neat.

Yea, but just once and AI cant cast in battle like human, so is a problem :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Sep 2007, 19:52

Yep, making AI wiser would solved that nicely :D
(and I think that IA originally knowing how to do that, here will be wrongly sorted priorites, could be that it's doing like last resort action? Never checked...)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Omega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Omega » 23 Sep 2007, 00:08

Pol wrote:Yep, making AI wiser would solved that nicely :D
(and I think that IA originally knowing how to do that, here will be wrongly sorted priorites, could be that it's doing like last resort action? Never checked...)
AI is the problem in Heroes IV and I'm very sorry because this game is better in some aspects that Heroes V after my opinion, but got a bad reputation :(

Anyway, neither Heroes IV or Heroes V dont have a powerfull scripting as Heroes III Wog and let me share my opinion: NEVER WILL

Return to “Equilibris”