Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 22 Mar 2007, 10:09

Stoofanello wrote:Hi !

1 _ An option to have unlimited skills , possible ?
Tcho !
Yes.

Stoofanello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stoofanello » 22 Mar 2007, 16:20

Wooh great for huge maps ! Thanks !

Tcho ! :)

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

re:

Unread postby doom3d » 23 Mar 2007, 20:43

If everything goes fine, next build of my wogmod will be ready until Monday.

- new version of Shamanic Running (v2.6)
- I would improve unlimited skills a little.
- try to fix a bug: Commander will have incorrect resistance %, if he picks up opal of magic

I plane only minor changes, 'cause I am busy with library scripts.
Bitwise packer runs fine(30KB), but ERM debugger is half-baked(15KB).
I try to finish Caravans until build11 (end of Q2 2007).

UPDATE: I have found a hard coded bug and had nearly no time for WoG, but Build 10 is almost finished. Shamanic Running v2.6 had some balance problems, so it will comes out with v2.7.
Questions: I plan to use a mana->movement conversion factor around 30 for low lvl heroes (1mana=30 movement points), and approx. 10 for high lvl heroes with a transition. (Ratio will depend on sum of basic primary skills, R(T) will be determined by a polinomial function)
What do You think about that? Wich ratio would You prefer for a starting hero, a lvl20 hero, and a full max. (99-99-99-99 primary) hero?
With current settings You can refuel your magic hero once a day after battle, (a might starting hero 3x) and a full max. hero can move +100 tiles for 1000 mana or collects 180 mana for one day movement .
Is it ok?

miasmicoverlord8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby miasmicoverlord8 » 13 May 2007, 16:55

1 of the things that's been bothering me lately is when u have the perpetual darkness on as an option and then u get the tower town with a grail. so u should have the ability to see all around u, so u should have the upper hand but then everything goes dark after the initial take over of the town, then it basically kills one of the abilities of the grail

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 24 May 2007, 21:14

Just a short question: 7 caravans per Town would be enough for WoG?
One stack per caravan, max. 1000 creature, max. 32 tiles away from target.
Is it ok? ( planned for September, my homepage: doom3d.uw.hu )

Supreme Archangel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Supreme Archangel » 29 May 2007, 02:13

doom3d wrote:Just a short question: 7 caravans per Town would be enough for WoG?
One stack per caravan, max. 1000 creature, max. 32 tiles away from target.
Is it ok? ( planned for September, my homepage: doom3d.uw.hu )
I used your mod but I don't see heroes get unlimited skill ---> only 12 skill :-D

Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Burdon » 29 May 2007, 17:55

If a XL map is made with 144x144 tiles, I think that the caravan wouldn't be as useful as we hope.
To me, the caravans would especially be able to travel around the whole map, to allow the heroes doing something else than hire creatures.
But you're the author, it's on your own. Anyway, I'd love playing with caravans.
The other options seem good to me.

An idea, to add more and more work :D

Would it be possible to include a search engine during the game, like the one we can use in the map editor ? On big maps, it's sometimes boring to find that dwelling, or that seer's hut you discovered 3 months ago.
Last edited by Burdon on 31 May 2007, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 29 May 2007, 21:35

Supreme Archangel wrote:I used your mod but I don't see heroes get unlimited skill ---> only 12 skill :-D
Strange. During beta-tests Build 10 worked fine.

I have just finished my self test. My hero collected 17 skills until lvl46.
You should get a secret skill offered at every 4th level, starting at lvl12.

IIRC, magic ban script is not yet public. ( it may reduce number of avalaible skills by 10. )

If You used my latest build (Build10), You could send a savegame for analysis to doom3do@gmail.com . Thanks for feedback.

@Burdon:
I can increase the range of caravans by sacrifying 1344 additional bits.
(with support for XXL maps)
So I will need +42 variables. Should not be a problem.

Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Burdon » 01 Jun 2007, 17:11

Ok, I'm really waiting for the release !

I had another idea : many players think that "death ripple" and "destroy undead" are pretty weak.
What if the lesser stacks are on the battlefield, the more powerful the spell is ?
Explanation : You are attacking an undead army made of seven undead stacks. Your destroy undead spell does 100 damage to each creature for instance, so 700 in total. If you would cast the spell on a 5 stacks army, the damage would have been : 7*100/5 = 140 damage to each stack.
So the spell would be really useful if cast on a single stack army...

B-)

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 01 Jun 2007, 17:57

Burdon wrote:I had another idea : many players think that "death ripple" and "destroy undead" are pretty weak.
Right now I am testing Masters of Magic I.-VII. options. There I introduced more, than one spell per battleround, and hero initiative points for casting spells.
Every spell costs initiative points. I could increase or reduce the power of any spell, by simply changing the amount of initiative points required to cast.
So the hero would be able to cast more spells per battleround, if You choose weaker spells.
I would be pleased, if You could collect some advices about changing spellcasting times. (spell name, proposed power boost in %)

It's also possible to check the number of opponent stacks alive, and change the required initiative accordingly. :creative:

Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Burdon » 02 Jun 2007, 18:10

I had the same kind of idea concerning casting more than one spell per round, I was talking about it one year ago with Ishmael if I remerber well...

I can give you some advices on how I would see this concept if you want
(how could you have more initiative points, costs of each spells)...
But it will take a little time, many things to do these days :)

Feel free to ask for advices on other subjects, I was more active last year, but I still have the ideas in my mind B-)

I just found some files on my computer : they're from Beholder (Ishmael) and his magic system (canceled ?). I can give them to you, I don't think he'll disagree.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 03 Jun 2007, 07:32

Please, share your ideas. I would also see Beholder's work, if he agrees.
doom3do@gmail.com

My main problem is to adjust number of spells per round, % values for random, and balance spell initiatives against each other.
Thanks for feedback.

pansz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More features for ERM.

Unread postby pansz » 10 Jun 2007, 04:06

The ERM isn't powerful enough to do somethings well, so I wish it could be improved.

1. get and set the "hidden" skill levels. this is to say skills like archery and necromancy etc. We know many artifacts can increase archery or necromancy by 5%, or 10%, or 15%, but how can we know the level, say if I have a necromancy level of 100% I can get 100% skeletons after combat, but there's no way to know the necromancy level inside ERM.

2. able to change the building order and prices. can I build Heavens before Monarchs? not possible by ERM.

3. able to use character as constants, because use 34,67,48 instead of '=','+','-' is not quite clear.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Re: More features for ERM.

Unread postby doom3d » 10 Jun 2007, 11:47

pansz wrote:The ERM isn't powerful enough to do somethings well, so I wish it could be improved.
2. able to change the building order and prices. can I build Heavens before Monarchs? not possible by ERM.
I guess that it's possible. How did You tried?
pansz wrote: 3. able to use character as constants, because use 34,67,48 instead of '=','+','-' is not quite clear.
Here I don't understand You. Sorry.

P.S. I have just tested, that You CAN change the build order via ERM.
I have just built Capitol before Citadel, & for free of charge.

pansz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pansz » 10 Jun 2007, 16:14

The 2nd one, I've got no idea how you managed to do it, would you please give me some hints? I really want to do that.

The 3rd one, let me explain:

!!VRy1:S65;
will assign a value of 65.

we know that 'A' is 65 in ASCII, then
!!VRy1:S'A';
should do the same, 'A' stands for 65 here. this is to say "use character literals".

The idea comes from things like "Format SE1".

By the way, the 4th question, I used to do something like "can only hire hero who has the same race with the town.", I know this is possible in ERM, but I did it in a dirty way. I wonder if there's a better approach (from the programmers point of view, programmers should write easy-to-read-and-maintain codes).

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 10 Jun 2007, 17:04

pansz wrote:The 2nd one, I've got no idea how you managed to do it, would you please give me some hints? I really want to do that.
Mouse trigger to capture click on Town Hall, check wich buildings can be built in your build order, selection dialogue followed by !!CA:B6/#; plus cost handling.
pansz wrote: The 3rd one, let me explain: !!VRy1:S65; will assign a value of 65.
we know that 'A' is 65 in ASCII, then !!VRy1:S'A';
should do the same, 'A' stands for 65 here. this is to say "use character literals".
OK. Your request nearly equals with an improved EA:B command.
/enabling Z vars for EA:B parameter/
pansz wrote: By the way, the 4th question, I used to do something like "can only hire hero who has the same race with the town.", I know this is possible in ERM, but I did it in a dirty way. I wonder if there's a better approach (from the programmers point of view, programmers should write easy-to-read-and-maintain codes).
Don't know how You handle the following situation: more, than 2 players with same starting town. Also have no idea what You call dirty way..

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 14 Jun 2007, 17:39

My idea for the next version of WoG:

While playing D2 before few days and turning a dungeon into a ruin, I asked myself why woudn't it be possible in H3: WoG as well!
That is, when you defeat the guardians of a certain creature bank, the bank turns into a ruin until the monsters re-appear (when the bank rebuilds itself).
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 15 Jun 2007, 16:31

Sauron wrote:My idea for the next version of WoG:

While playing D2 before few days and turning a dungeon into a ruin, I asked myself why woudn't it be possible in H3: WoG as well!
That is, when you defeat the guardians of a certain creature bank, the bank turns into a ruin until the monsters re-appear (when the bank rebuilds itself).
There is an option called "Single Bonus places can be revisited each month", or something alike. IIRC it 'rebuilds' banks and utopias every month.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Jun 2007, 13:25

There is an option called "Single Bonus places can be revisited each month", or something alike. IIRC it 'rebuilds' banks and utopias every month.
I told that I would want the creature bank to turn into a ruin - the Dragon Utiopia becomes the crumbled dragon utiopia.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

zalok
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zalok » 22 Jun 2007, 21:43

Perhaps it has already been thought of by some people, but maybe something in reverse to masters of life could be interesting. Imagine something along these lines.

Every week, each town checks how many weeks of creature growth haven't been bought off before the starting of this week. (creature divided by growth so that even if a player buys dwelling upgrades, it still doesn't grow faster) and the number of weeks make the percentage of additionnal creature the player gets this week. So if I haven't bought my gremlins for 4 weeks, I'd get 4% more gremlins on this week. Perhaps one percent per week can seem not worthwhile, but someone who is stuck on a map can get out a bit faster...

I find the worth of that bonus interesting because it's quite a dangerous gamble to make, although it may favor Rampart a little more than other races (or undead who can afford not to buy skeleton because of necromancy...)

Just a tought... Like it or not?

Return to “Wake of Gods”