Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Diablo III

Unread postby winterfate » 26 Mar 2007, 02:30

The info leaks started two or three months ago; Blizzard has said that a D3 game is in the works! :oex:

I'm personally stoked. Right now, I'm playing on the Bnet Ladder with a lvl 24 Zealadin (Paladin who uses Zeal/Fanaticism).

I just hope D3 can build on everything that made D2 so great... :)

What are your thoughts on this subject?
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 26 Mar 2007, 02:33

Meh.

As far as I'm concerned, Titan Quest is Diablo 3. You don't blow off a series for 10 years like Blizzard did and expect people to care as much as they used to.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 26 Mar 2007, 02:48

That was their bad...they were in World of Warcrack mode for most of that decade...or so it seems.

My actual concern with D3 is the fact that the team who did D2 is now in another company making Hellgate: London (which, btw, was looking pretty good the last time I saw it).

Thus, I fear that perhaps that "Diablo" feel will be lost for 3.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 26 Mar 2007, 02:50

Hellgate would have made a lot of sense as Diablo 3.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Mar 2007, 03:17

I have Titan Quest and the Imortal Throne expansion but I'm also looking forward to D3. The original diablo team may be gone but Blizzard is commited to making quality games to I expect it to be good.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 Mar 2007, 06:30

I'm sure the game will be good but the problem is it's repetetive and that you can finish it on the hardeast difficulty when you still got about 40 lvls to the cap.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Mar 2007, 07:35

well as long as they do a quality title it should be very very good! I'm looking forward to it!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Mar 2007, 08:54

Campaigner wrote:I'm sure the game will be good but the problem is it's repetetive and that you can finish it on the hardeast difficulty when you still got about 40 lvls to the cap.
Well, Diablo is more of a hack and slash than a rpg so yeah, it is repetative. It is about killing a lot of monsters to get experience and loot to develop your character. And there are lots of ways to develop the different character classes.

I would be suprised to see a level 59 character finish Hell difficulty solo. Perhaps there is a build that can do it but I don't think most builds can, especially untwinked.

I don't usually even start Hell difficulty until level 75.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Mar 2007, 09:10

my barb was able to survive hell at about level 60 .... but then it has been a long time, and I can't recall the full details .... he was mean though :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Mar 2007, 13:20

Omega_Destroyer wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Titan Quest is Diablo 3. You don't blow off a series for 10 years like Blizzard did and expect people to care as much as they used to.
It hasn't been 10 years since SC...

And i' sure all those ppl still playing it on bnet that buy a new one when they get temp banned so they don't get behind will care.
Campaigner wrote:I'm sure the game will be good but the problem is it's repetitive and that you can finish it on the hardest difficulty when you still got about 40 lvls to the cap.
Someone hasn't been playing D2 after patch 1.10!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 Mar 2007, 14:34

I meant in a good group with good stuff. And most people get helped to the waypoints so they don't have to do anything. Solo though, can be nigh impossible....

And another problem with Diablo was that people skipped large parts and completed the game at a lvl of their choosing (seen lvl 1 Patr/Matri-archs).
Didn't like the large amount of trading either.

Grumpy: You still on B.net? Alone?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Mar 2007, 22:32

Campaigner wrote:I meant in a good group with good stuff. And most people get helped to the waypoints so they don't have to do anything. Solo though, can be nigh impossible....

And another problem with Diablo was that people skipped large parts and completed the game at a lvl of their choosing (seen lvl 1 Patr/Matri-archs).
Didn't like the large amount of trading either.

Grumpy: You still on B.net? Alone?
Well, skipping large parts of the game by being rushed is not playing the game. Rushing a character is fine for the purposes of creating a mule that can access all difficulty levels but if you never play the game, where's the fun?

That's really the downside of battlenet. It is hard to find a non-rush game where folks are just playing and completing quests.

I have beat the game in Hell difficulty with all kinds of characters in single player. It requires strategy (yes, even though Diablo is hack and slash) and making use of your "one point wonder" skills that most battlenet players seemingly don't know exist. Items with charges can also be useful.

I still have some characters on Usa East ladder that haven't expired, besides my single player characters, but I'M not playing it right now. I'm playing the Imortal Throne expansion for Titan Quest at the moment.

GOW

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 27 Mar 2007, 02:46

Campaigner wrote:Grumpy: You still on B.net? Alone?
Shame on you! :slap: :)
There are plenty of people still playing D2 over closed servers (even though many have defected to the ranks of WoW).

Anyone else playing over Bnet?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Mar 2007, 03:02

winterfate wrote:
Campaigner wrote:Grumpy: You still on B.net? Alone?
Shame on you! :slap: :)
There are plenty of people still playing D2 over closed servers (even though many have defected to the ranks of WoW).

Anyone else playing over Bnet?
I think what he meant was have I found a group to play with.

We had both looked at the Amazon Basin folks (who frown on cheating and hacks) but there is seldom anyone to play with from that group.

I hope that Diablo 3 is designed such that duping and hacks will be impossible on closed battlenet.

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Mar 2007, 11:45

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
I hope that Diablo 3 is designed such that duping and hacks will be impossible on closed battlenet.

GOW
Never stop asking for the impossible.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 27 Mar 2007, 16:02

über-strict bot-protection can really kill a game instead. eg banning accounts if 2 accounts log in from the same IP, as was in Pardus.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 28 Mar 2007, 00:26

vhilhu wrote:über-strict bot-protection can really kill a game instead. eg banning accounts if 2 accounts log in from the same IP, as was in Pardus.
There is no reason to have a ladder if some folks cheat and thereby gain an unfair advantage over other players. I contend that a cheat free battlenet would be good.

Maphack is cheating. It gives you an unfair advantage.

Pickit is cheating. It lets you get the pick of the loot that drops before others can pick it up.

Bots are cheating.They let you do magic find runs or level up your character faster than everyone else.

Duping is cheating. It gives you an infinite supply of whatever you want.

Down with cheating on closed battlenet!

Whatever you do on your own computer that only affects you and gives you no advantage over other players is fine. For instance if you only play single player and don't trade use whatever cheats you want.

GOW

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Mar 2007, 19:40

Indeed.

D2 MOD player
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby D2 MOD player » 16 May 2007, 22:49

I heard from a few people that Diablo III will be multiplayer only, no single player. To me that cuts my interest in half. I really enjoy single player in games like Titan Quest and don't want to have to play online all the time. In some ways I agree that so far Titan Quest with it's expansion is actually my Diablo III. Just less blood and other unmentionables.

I heard one person say it would come out a week before the second WOW expansion is released. There seem to be a general consent that Diablo III hasn't been released because it might take up some of the market share of WOW. They will obviously make less money with Diablo even if the new sequel becomes very popular. They are trying to get all they can from WOW first before giving anything else out. I also heard the Starcraft game sequel for consoles was canceled (Starcraft Ghost). That's more lost time that players will never get back. It probably means more years of waiting for a game other then WOW or Diablo III to be released. I agree it's a shame that Starcraft and Diablo haven't received the attention they should have been given. Most companies would have released sequels for both and be developing another sequel already. They just wouldn't be as high quality. More and more people are relying on other companies to make games they thought blizzard should have come out with 5 years earlier. It's a shame the rest of the market took that long to adjust to Blizzard's brilliance and make games that can begin to match their greatness, but they are starting to roll out. Some may be better in many ways, but not usually as polished or the art style isn't as distinctive. Those are my thoughts.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 May 2007, 00:12

I hope that's not correct 8|

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”