Tribes of the East- the last of HV?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 06 May 2007, 21:20

If they want to wrap up the Heroes 5 story, I say let them. Get it over with and start working on Heroes 6.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 May 2007, 21:49

In any case they'd have to work on that for some time to avoid the same mistakes so that would give enough time for even the H5 hardcore players to satisfy their addiction. I for one wouldn't like to see H6 soon, let them make it from scratch and as good as possible. They may give up but I find that unlikely-they have invested much on this franchise to just let it go.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 07 May 2007, 01:16

Starbatron wrote:Perhaps if they move on, they can begin HoMM VI with all these valuable lessons learned about what NOT to do...perhaps I'm being overly optimistic :D
And they could return to the old universe :beg:

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 07 May 2007, 01:52

Campaigner wrote:TotE can't go for full price. The Gold version will go for that.
They both will. First TotE, later Gold. :devious:
Starbatron wrote:Perhaps if they move on, they can begin HoMM VI with all these valuable lessons learned about what NOT to do...perhaps I'm being overly optimistic :D
Yeah, the main lesson is "do not give 10k gold to AI daily, 'couse some "players" starting to "whine" about that, and we' ll have to remove it in patches.."

And I wish they did come up with this one as well - "we need to check our AI development more than once per year, so in the end, if AI will not work this time as well- we still will know it before UBI's managment"

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 07 May 2007, 08:48

Sauron wrote:If ToE is succesful (which I hope), they'll make a new add-on with lizardmen*.

*Naga will probably be like Faceless and Angels: just worshiped by a smaller race.
Yeah ... lvl 7 seems nice for them :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 May 2007, 15:47

I'm a bit out-to-date concerning H5, but, there'll be an expansion and there are new spells. Anything else that is confirmed about it? Where can I find it? :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 08 May 2007, 17:44

You could find some info here. Of course not all has been confirmed and there are some pages to go through ;)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 May 2007, 02:07

Kalah wrote:They're making a stand-alone version... sounds like they wanna wrap it up.
Well let's see, if they follow the H-III model as they have done up to now, then we will probably see the Chronicles of Heroes V next. They will probably do 3-5 of them with free download scenarios available based on how many you buy; just to milk the series for all its worth. It may not be original but it all part of the H-III, oh sorry I mean H-V experience.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 May 2007, 03:35

jeff wrote: It may not be original but it all part of the H-III, oh sorry I mean H-V experience.
If I remember correctly you don't like H V, so you probably aren't playing it. Do you mean this sentence in terms of the marketing, and releasing expansions? Or do you mean the gameplay? Because if you mean gameplay I would point out some big differences.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 May 2007, 19:02

PhoenixReborn wrote:
jeff wrote: It may not be original but it all part of the H-III, oh sorry I mean H-V experience.
If I remember correctly you don't like H V, so you probably aren't playing it. Do you mean this sentence in terms of the marketing, and releasing expansions? Or do you mean the gameplay? Because if you mean gameplay I would point out some big differences.
Actually I said I was disappointed with it, and am not playing it at the moment as I finished the HOF campaign, and since I usually do not enjoy single map scenarios even if they were H-IV there is nothing new I’m interested in. I am also busy working on another H-IV campaign and just don't have time to play it right now. I have also stated I would probably buy the next expansion as long as it’s priced like an expansion and not a stand alone. I was poking at the fact UBI/Nival are so infatuated with H-III, they might plan on milking their creation with a series of standalone Chronicles just like 3DO did. As far as game play, whenever I play H-V to quote an American baseball player Yogi Berra, “It’s déjà vu all over again,” but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 04 Jun 2007, 15:14

I actually liked Heroes Chronicles ... :proud:

They where verry Story driven
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Jun 2007, 13:28

I did to, so my comments were not a criticism but a fanciful prediction.

MoxManiac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MoxManiac » 16 Jun 2007, 00:55

jeff wrote:It is unclear on how well H-V and HOF did sales wise. So since this one is a stand alone it is probably the last. Frankly if they don't do something about the editor then :rip:, and hope for a different company that cares more about fan desires to create H-VI.
Honestly, I'm not terribly upset with how Ubi is handling things as far as HoMM is concerned, since 3D0 was positively dreadful in comparison.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 16 Jun 2007, 01:59

Well, they both fail to create a great TBS. NWC had a beancounting fool (trip hawkins) as boss of 3do and Ubisoft either made a grave mistake with choosing of developer or is not prioritizing right (they need to tell Nival to create a noncheating A.I). They can make it see the entire map. That's ok, but nothing else!!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 16 Jun 2007, 02:53

It is a bit of a drag the cpu only casts high end spells on the harder difficulties. Finally saw Armaggedon today. Got really annoying after 4 times.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jun 2007, 03:05

Non cheating AI will not be able to compete against a good human opponent that has been stated and restated. At some point when every home has a Cray computer to run the software then maybe. UBI has completely misread and mismanaged the Heroes franchise. Whether they chose to follow H-III or H-IV model didn’t matter they were going to upset someone, fine. 3DO did supply if not a great editor at least a very good one. How long has H-IV been played by a large following of fans, five years? The maps supplied with the games were played long ago, and the franchise survived not because UBI came to the rescue, but because a large fan base continued to make excellent maps. Thereby ensuring there was a fan-base for UBI to cash in on. The editor for H-V is powerful, no question. However it is unusable by anyone that doesn’t have the time or desire to learn all the trivial scripting it requires. There are good H-V maps out there, but the majority are little more than maps with nice terrain, but little to no scripting. Good RPGs are few, why, they take a long time to make and it takes even longer with the H-V editor. Frankly with Vista probably putting the nails into the H-IV coffin, yeah yeah I hear your complaints about Vista and Microsoft, but sooner or later must computers will be running it, the campaign I am currently working on may well be my swan song with H-IV and the Heroes franchise as well. It’s not what I want, but UBI seems not to care to include those of us that expected the editor to be an improvement not an albatross.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 16 Jun 2007, 03:54

Omega_Destroyer wrote:It is a bit of a drag the cpu only casts high end spells on the harder difficulties. Finally saw Armaggedon today. Got really annoying after 4 times.
Pm me if you want information on making the computer cast high level spells on normal.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jun 2007, 10:47

jeff wrote:Non cheating AI will not be able to compete against a good human opponent that has been stated and restated.
A cheating AI isn't doing much better either.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 16 Jun 2007, 10:55

Yeah but a cheating AI is clearly better than a 'fair' AI.
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jun 2007, 11:42

Only because it's easier to make a cheating one.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”