Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 29 Apr 2007, 12:16

I usually don't use undead in other alignments because of the huge morale penalty.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 Apr 2007, 12:22

okrane wrote:I usually don't use undead in other alignments because of the huge morale penalty.
Exactly!!! :creative:
Death heroes don't have 'undead penalty', only small 'friendly alignment penalty'. If you raise gargoyles - you don't have 'undead penalty' at all! :proud:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 29 Apr 2007, 12:32

Yeah I got that... but I was reffering to the fact that raising gargoyles is not that great. I mean... why invest in necromancy if you can get only lvl2 creatures. IMO, Necromancy is worth it to get many vampires.
Other uses are not worth the skill points you invest. So if I get a necromancer in a order army(I usually build my main mage as a Shadow Mage, and I hire a priest, but if I would) I would focus on spell casting and not necromancy...

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 30 Apr 2007, 07:49

okrane wrote: I play Equilibris mostly for the single player experience, because I think heroes is especially a single player game and the best maps ever made are for single player.
That's absolutely legal. I do the same. It's a game, played for fun, and not a war.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 01 May 2007, 09:04

I play Equilibris mostly for the single player experience, because I think heroes is especially a single player game and the best maps ever made are for single player.
of course not !!!

single player you miss the very best of h4, this game is amazing tactical game on multiplayer game, IA is so weak..........

maybe some role player script are interesting, but the most interesting is the battle, only human player could make a good batlle........

be carreful about crazy changes, on multiplayer game the equilibration is the more important, the actuel good way of equilibris, stay it !!
Last edited by pacobac on 01 May 2007, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 May 2007, 11:01

2 BrennusWhiskey & okrane
As a moderator I had to delete several of your posts. Please behave. Thank you.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 02 May 2007, 06:19

pacobac wrote: maybe some role player script are interesting, but the most interesting is the battle, only human player could make a good batlle........
That depends on your personal focus. Indeed i prefere the rpg aspects. A good story and the game is like reading a good book. But of course this game has other aspects, too. What you prefere is just a matter of your personal interests. Your way to play that game is pretty legal as well, but simply enjoying a good story is as good as well.

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 05 May 2007, 02:45

For a slight change in topic, I have a few (recurring) questions for the Equilibris team:

- Are hero specializations (as in HoMM3&5) for each hero intended in a later version? If not, then will it be possible to do so via scripting? ie. giving bonuses to spells cast by XYZ, or bonuses to stats of one or more types of creatures.

- Are multi-dialogue options (for quest huts, scripting, etc) intended? I am thinking of having more than the 2 usual ("V" and "X") buttons.

- Will scripting be made possible for manipulation of combat, not just advanture map? For example, changing the hit point rating of stack XYZ on the defending side for the first 3 rounds.

- Will Efreeti and Monks become spellcasters? Of all the 6 towns, only chaos and life lack a spellcasting creature. Monks are too weak compared to Crusaders, while Efreeti are the natural enemies of Genies, and should behave as such. Finding spellcasting animations for the two would not be much of a hassle, since their (ranged) attack animations perfectly do the job.

- The Devil is screaming for the no retaliation ability that made it a formidable adversary in HoMM3. Yay or nay? (Although in Yay's case, that would mean giving the other 2 teleporting units the no retaliation ability as well, for obvious reasons)

(The last two are suggestions I made several months ago. I still think they are a good idea.)

-Galactygon

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 07 May 2007, 15:22

In my opinion monks are better than crusaders (ranged attack); efreets and devils are still good enough (fire and teleport B-) ). No retaliation for devils its make them a very powerful.

ramparter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ramparter » 07 May 2007, 22:23

But it would make sense if monks and efreets could cast spells.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 08 May 2007, 03:56

ramparter wrote:But it would make sense if monks and efreets could cast spells.
It would also make sense to discuss that in the Creature stats discusion thread instead of here. B-)

Chorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chorus » 09 May 2007, 07:41

One thing that makes Scouting useful is the experience bonus heroes get for using their stealth skills. It was a good idea because it meant that they were rewarded for using their skills outside of combat. Perhaps this concept could be extended to other passive skills, i.e. Tactics and Nobility. For example, every time a hero with nobilty claims a mine or captures a castle, s/he receives some experience bonus. This would at least give their skill some active function outside combat. I can't think of a similar gimmick for Tactics, and one mayn't be necessary.

I just think it'd be nice to reward heroes for what they do outside of combat, especially if their skills are inactive in combat.

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 10 May 2007, 01:09

Chorus wrote: For example, every time a hero with nobilty claims a mine or captures a castle, s/he receives some experience bonus. This would at least give their skill some active function outside combat. I can't think of a similar gimmick for Tactics, and one mayn't be necessary.
I like this idea about nobility. Perhaps the hero (with nobility) could recieve a certain amount of experience each day (s)he is stationed in his/her home town.
Chorus wrote: I just think it'd be nice to reward heroes for what they do outside of combat, especially if their skills are inactive in combat.
Perhaps tacticians recieve more experience from combat, depending on expertise of the tactics skill (at rates of +10%, +20%, +30%, +40%, +50% of normal experience).

-Galactygon

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 10 May 2007, 13:54

Tactic is strong enough

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 10 May 2007, 14:58

I can't remember if this has already been discussed, but recently I've found myself really missing the possibility to use a 'Decrease Current Movement' script in the editor. Would it be possible to add such a script option?
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 11 May 2007, 08:34

Galactygon wrote:
Perhaps tacticians recieve more experience from combat, depending on expertise of the tactics skill (at rates of +10%, +20%, +30%, +40%, +50% of normal experience).

-Galactygon
Perhaps it could be an idea for Tactics/Combat combo? Rate bonus depending on both. So every level of any of these two plus their subskills (every level) could add 1% additional bonus from combat.

What i'd like too would be the possibility to gain exp from fleeing troops. Maybe limited to Life/Order or Life/Nature plus Nobility combos. And the idea for nobility gaining exp by commercial things is good, but should be a combo, too. So f.ex. gaining exp from flagging a mine should be limited to Nobility and Mining, gaining exp from fleeing stacks then may be limited to Nobility plus Diplomacy (as opposed to idea above). Same might be from flagging external dwellings. What about the Nobility/Estates combo then? Exp from collecting piles?

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 11 May 2007, 13:39

I've just found an idea for spellcasting creatures. since tactics increase the melee and ranged damages of the creatures, the mastery in magic could increase the power of spells casted by creatures.

for exemple, a warlock with advanced piromancy, and grand master sorcery would increase the damages of a fairy dragon by 140% (40% + 100%)

a necromancer with basic demonology would increase the damages of the mages' poison spell by 20%, but not the magic fist spell.

avt104981
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby avt104981 » 14 May 2007, 19:27

It is well-known that during each combat background battle music is (randomly?) selected from 6 different possible themes. Is is possible to expand the set of melodies to include some from, say, Heroes II or Heroes III? (I have mp3 files, if needed).

Music accompaning a heroe's movement on the adventure map could also be expanded and randomly selected from Heroes II, III, and IV (for snow, grass, swamps, volcanic, and so forth).

If this is possible, maybe, it would be also nice to include some themes for castle music from previous versions of Heroes. For instanse, the Necromancer (and others) theme can be randomly selected from Heroes II, III, and IV versions of the Necromancer theme.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 05 Jun 2007, 18:05

I’ve came up with a great idea as for the problem of determining classes. Because it’s not easy to achieve certain class - for instance Enchanter, Dark Priest, Demonologist, etc. I suggest determining skills which hero may get during Level Up to ensure him/her 100% chance to get that class, like:

NATURE DRUID MALE
Lowell - Human
Biography: Lowell is highly respected for his vast intellect, but the cost of this wisdom is his obsessive desire to be left alone with his studies. Like a hermit, he spends weeks at a time in the woods hunting for knowledge instead of food. According to Lowell, there is no higher pursuit.
Destiny: Enchanter (Nature Magic/Order Magic)

So that Lowell will normally get only Nature or Order skills. Of course visiting later university or altar will enable him developing other skills but as Enchanter:)

DEATH NECROMANCER FEMALE
Ash - Demon
Biography: This demoness took the name Ash to remind all who oppose her what becomes of her enemies. Since her kind is dwindling in numbers, she has taken up a new kind of magic to assure her survival and abandoned all hope for the Kreegan plan of domination.
Destiny: Demonologist (Death Magic/Nature Magic)

This way we can use our heroes as a part of strategy. Conservatory won’t count any more as requirement for dwelling, but will be the source of spells for hired hero. Moreover it will be interesting to have many towns possible to get a hero with destiny: Wizard (Order/Chaos): Haven (Mage), Asylum (Sorcerer), Academy (Mage), Necropolis (Mage or Sorcerer), Preserve (Sorcerer)

I’m aware of the fact that it requires a lot of work and patching each hero, but IMO the effect is worth that effort.

Oh, and how about providing fighter heroes with small bonus, because spellcasters have the same stats and even 10 more mana:
Knight/Death Knight +10 Defense
Lord/Thief +2 speed, +3 Attack, +5 Defense
Archer/Barbarian +5 Attack, +5 Defense

And
Every levelup increases hero's defence by 1.
Every levelup increases hero's mana by 1.
Every second levelup increases hero's own Magic Resistance by 3%. This works like hero is wearing Cowl of Resistanse with effect based on hero's level.
Every 5-th levelup increases hero's speed by 1.
Only spellcaster heroes should get mana for free.
Fighter heroes could get +1Attack every 2nd levelup instead.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 05 Jun 2007, 20:07

it's interesting... I like it...

Return to “Equilibris”