Patch 1.5 Next Week

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Apr 2007, 14:14

Thanks to sfidanza who found a post in the <a href="/http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t ... 55">French Ubisoft forum</a> announcing patch 1.5 for next week. Among the news features are the spectator mode for multiplayer games, the long-awaited campaign editor and a feature to watch cutscenes and battles that you have previously saved. In addition to a series of bug fixes, the patch brings the basic game in sync with version 2.1 of the Hammers of Fate expansion, including the necromancy and training changes.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1177683278
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Apr 2007, 14:49

Finally! Having a campain editor will be nice. I am looking forward to seeing how it is implemented. I suppose being able to record battles could be used for tutorial purposes.

I took a look at the babelfish translation and it mentions changes to AI, including the AI ignoring distracting techniques. That pretty much make summon elemental pretty much useless most of the time unless the spell was strengthened. We'll just have to wait till nex week (early next week, I hope) to see.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby evilp » 27 Apr 2007, 15:04

good news...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Apr 2007, 15:39

Looks good but it took them long enough...I hope the AI at least for creeps will become better. Only the 2.1 changes and duel editor seem really important though I'm curious to see what else was added.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Apr 2007, 15:41

Features added

Duel Preset Editor
(Allows creating custom duel presets via the Map Editor for later use in the game's Duel Mode.)

User Campaign
(Allows creating new campaigns for the game by connecting a number of new maps via the Map Editor)

Dialogue and Combat Replay
(Allows the recording and viewing of previously played combats and cutscenes\dialogue scenes in the game).

Movie Maker
(Allows the editing of previously saved combat movies)

Observer Mode
(Allows the user to watch other players’ multiplayer Duel Mode matches)

Bugs repaired and changes made:

Stability:

- Game no longer crashes when a neutral creature attacks a gated enemy with cinematic camera enabled.
- Game no longer desynchronizes after loading a save.
- Game no longer crashes when splitting the joining creature stacks.
- Fixed possible crashes caused by changing the game resolution.
- Fixed memory leaks in combats and combat replays.
- Reduced the amount of bandwidth used during combat.
- Game no longer crashes when someone attempts to teleport to an invalid map cell.
- Game no longer crashes when a Phoenix is summoned after the death of the previous Phoenix
- Game now functions correctly when it is the turn of a creature under the Puppet Master spell.

Camera, graphics, interfaces:

- Camera options work correctly now.
- Gamma color was changed for the Mark of the Necromancer icon
- Fixed inaccessibility of Hero Screen and Ghost Screen interfaces in certain specific cases.
- Creature selection no longer remains on the screen after the time limit is exceeded in duel mode (with Dynamic Battle option).
- Corrected the number of lost creatures shown at the end of combat if the “Raise Dead” spell was used.
- Town “Upgrades” hotkey fixed.
- Griffins no longer disappear from the ATB bar in some cases when the hero performs a melee attack.
- Options sliders can no longer be moved if disabled
- The “Hire creatures” button no longer becomes disabled if there are no dwellings (inside or outside the town) from which to hire creatures.
- War machines no longer appear to be affected by Master of Fire.
- Password length condition removed for MP games.
- Cursor in Ghost Mode only appears active for objects with which it can currently interact.
- Added information about the damage done in ghost combat results (ghost mode).
- Added more information for Resurrection and Raise Dead spell predictions.
- Scroll bars in tavern interface corrected
- Added ubi.com access to ratings for add-on races
- Ghost combat results are now closed automatically if a combat between the Heroes is started afterwards.
- Adventure Map scrolling corrected

Gameplay, Mechanics, Balance:

- The Necromancy working principles have been changed in accordance with v2.1
- The Training working principles have been changed in accordance with v2.1
- Improved combat AI tactics for strike-and-return creatures.
- AI now uses “Mark of Necromancer” ability properly.
- AI no longer casts the Armageddon spell if it can win with no casualties without using the spell.
- AI now understands players' divertive placing tactics (such as those needed to defend shooting creatures).
- AI can now bring its troops closer to moats.
- AI no longer stops casting spells after Counterspell has been cast.
- AI now uses Necromancy more efficiently.
- AI now ignores summoned creatures in combat if it is shortly to eliminate the main forces.
- It is no longer possible to duplicate the army illegally in duel mode.
- Fixed: Autosave did not function in some conditions
- A primary skill has been now added for hero ‘Vayer’.
- The use of "Consume Artifact" has been disabled for human players in Quick/Auto Combat.
- It is no longer possible to switch the hero in 3x3-duel mode when a hypnotized unit's turn comes.
- “Imbue Arrow” now works properly even if “Deadeye Shot” is not present.
- It is no longer possible to control blinded creature with “Divine Guidance” or “Teleport Assault”.
- Hero now moves to the town gate cell after defeating the town guards.
- Arch-Devils can now summon Pit Lords from any demonic corpse.
- Hero Naadir can no longer raise ghosts from phantoms.
- Angels can no longer escape Treant’s Entangling Roots in Quick/Auto Combat.
- Complex artefacts (“Magic scroll of…”, “Wand of…”) now work properly when equipped from the start of the mission.
- “Firewall” and “Fire Trap” now function properly when applied to creatures on their initial positions right after Tactic phase.
- In duel 3x3 mode, spell effects on the hero are now only active when this hero is present on the battlefield.
- Fire shield only retaliates to melee attacks now.
- Corrected the amount of mana present at the end of the turn for heroes cursed by ghosts.

Map Editor:

- The map editor documentation has been updated with changes related to the new features.
- Corrected the game editor option concerning the number of monsters that can be set in a troop.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Apr 2007, 16:16

Some of the gameplay changes had been adressed in 2.1 but I'm happy about the rest, especially the AI ones. That's one reason for me to return to the original until 2.2 is out and the runes work again.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 27 Apr 2007, 16:29

what about the bug of sprites doing nothing but wait to be slaughtered when facing a necropolis army?

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby Cleanpea » 27 Apr 2007, 16:34

If I install 1.5, will 1.4 be included? I never bothered to install that one. I only use HoF-will these patches improve HoF?

By the way, the runes work fine for me. How are they not working...?
Edited on Fri, Apr 27 2007, 09:41 by Cleanpea

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 27 Apr 2007, 17:27

Oh cool! me like to check some Replay saves and Movie Maker feature sounds nice :)

I believe they will give a link to a Full 1.5 so you wont have to install the previous patches first.

Some ppl not able to use spesific runes or all runes. I also had problem with runes but i fixed it using an image...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Apr 2007, 18:44

You'll have to patch up to 1.41 first.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Apr 2007, 23:29

Angelspit wrote:Features added

User Campaign
(Allows creating new campaigns for the game by connecting a number of new maps via the Map Editor)
But is this much wanted ability going to be handicapped by the same inane editor that we are currently force to endure. :wall:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby Cleanpea » 28 Apr 2007, 05:13

But HoF is 2.1,right? Why do I have to patch the original game?

jeff

Re: Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby jeff » 28 Apr 2007, 12:38

Cleanpea wrote:But HoF is 2.1,right? Why do I have to patch the original game?
Though I am critical about how UBI has handled many aspects of the Heroes Franchise, they unfortunately must do a duel track patching as many people chose not to buy HOF, so a 2.2 patch would be useless to them. However, they should have made HOF so that the original game disk was no longer needed nor the patches to the original game. In other words, patching HOF should patch H-V original, sadly the wisdom found in earlier versions seems to have been lost. :disagree: Please UBI give us a menu driven editor. :beg:

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 28 Apr 2007, 13:56

jeff wrote: Please UBI give us a menu driven editor. :beg:
Although I look forward to the patch, I am very disappointed in the map editor... And as always, I totally 100% agree with you Jeff!!!! :D
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 28 Apr 2007, 15:10

I doubt there will be a menu driven editor for HOMM8 at this point. However, there are a number of fan maps now that do use scripting so it isn't too hard to figure things out.

I learned a lot of scripting in the map I made, with the help of others in the mpamaking guild who were learning scripting at the same time. Now I am looking at scripting of maps that have come out since then in preparation for making another map and am learning new stuff.

So, noone who wants to make a map should let scripting scare them off. Take the plunge.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Apr 2007, 17:49

Yup, HoMM8 is doomed...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Apr 2007, 20:09

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:I doubt there will be a menu driven editor for HOMM8 at this point. However, there are a number of fan maps now that do use scripting so it isn't too hard to figure things out.

I learned a lot of scripting in the map I made, with the help of others in the mpamaking guild who were learning scripting at the same time. Now I am looking at scripting of maps that have come out since then in preparation for making another map and am learning new stuff.

So, noone who wants to make a map should let scripting scare them off. Take the plunge.

GOW
Gow if it was just lack of a menu driven interface I would probably still not use this editor, but the menu is just one item. I listed several things that needed addressing in an earlier thread in the mapmaking forum a couple of months ago. To list just a few, you must command the terrain to level when placing objects as opposed to the automatic leveling found in H-IV, editing of terrain is tiresome, having to erase the previous terrain that you painted and not just draw over it (at least in the case of painting water as in the tutorial). The placement of objects such as bridges is unnecessarily difficult, I placed a bridge in the tutorial map and when I did a side view the pieces looked like a set of stairs, I ended up erasing the river. Others can screw with it if they want, but I wasted much of my Christmas break playing with it and ended completely frustrated. I’m not a good mapmaker when it comes to raw code scripting, and I’m definitely too old to learn such an antiquated system even with all of its power. The maps I make require a lot of scripting and a lot of carryover variables and heroes. If UBI/Nival wants to admit they are incapable or too inept to develop such an interface, well so be it. Their action not their words will show their competence.

On a second note MuadDib_FC announced in the official forum patch 2.2 is coming, but as yet they do not have a date when it will be ready. :(

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Patch 1.5 Next Week

Unread postby Zamolxis » 29 Apr 2007, 10:06

JJ: You'll have to patch up to 1.41 first.

Is it at least 1.41 only? Or do I have to go through all the previous?

Is it so hard for them to put up an all-in-one executable?
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 29 Apr 2007, 11:33

Zamolxis wrote:JJ: You'll have to patch up to 1.41 first.

Is it at least 1.41 only? Or do I have to go through all the previous?

Is it so hard for them to put up an all-in-one executable?
Previously you had to go through each patch, so it will probably remain that way.

It is not too hard for Nival. They are just too lazy to be bothered with it.

GOW

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 29 Apr 2007, 13:16

There is a 1.0-1.3 patch, a 1.4 patch and a 1.41 patch.

Return to “News”