New Faction?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 27 Apr 2007, 22:12

No.

No magic for barbarians... that's what makes them cool. And plus... dwarves in H5 are imba fat midgets that should have axes and not super bad ass spells and super bad ass runes...

If it's someone that should of had those runes those are the wizards. Dwarves should of had that Artificier skill... under the name of Forgery or smth... that would of made sense....

I say we give barbarians just a few more items in their Arsenal... useful potions that is...

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 28 Apr 2007, 09:14

Basically the magic part of the barbarians should be limited to the ogre mages. And here only spells that increase damage, attack and/or hitpoints, nothing else.

Potions could indeed come in handy. The healing potion could be essential :)

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 28 Apr 2007, 09:57

is it possible to add a level to the blacksmith?
the barbarian could get more potions and artifacts(which would be only available in his castle!).
the mages could get random scrolls...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 28 Apr 2007, 10:37

I would like that. Add blacksmith level 2 and 3 for all races with other interesting items for each race. We should think about what to put in there for each alignment.

But first we must ask if it's moddable?

I would suggest removing some items that are less frequent use the same building to sell the other items.
I mean: for might:

Arsenal lvl 1(3500gold):
Sells Items: Greatsword, Leather Armor(I never bought anything else)
Sells Potions: PoI, Quickness, Restauration (never bought the others)

Arsenal lvl 2(3500gold):
New items added: Ring of Strength (2000gold), Barbarian Throwing Club(3500 gold)
New Potions: Healing, Hydra Health

Arsenal lvl3(3500gold):
New Items: Scale Mail of Strength (6000 gold)(or maybe ring of regen for like 10000 gold?)
New Potions: Potion of Strength

For the other alignments I would think of adding some other useful items like Ank of Like, Druids Chain, Amulet of necromancy/ Charm, Diplomacy, ,,, and other useful stuff.

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 28 Apr 2007, 11:16

The idea of levelled blacksmith could be nice. But i don't agree with selling artifacts other than items.

Spell scrolls: A nice idea would be to add any spell to the ogre mages if they carry the appropriate scroll. Not increasing their spell points, though. Could be interesting and sometimes surprising :) I don't know if adding any artifact effects to non-heroes is possible, though.

In another thread i already mentioned the possibility of peasants garrisoned in a town producing typical blacksmith items. The items should then be added to the peasant stack, so the player may move them to the hero. The items produced should be mainly the same as the blacksmith, but some other interesting items could be added. Item is randomly chosen out of a given set. Production rate depends on number of peasants and require blacksmith built.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 28 Apr 2007, 11:19

But i don't agree with selling artifacts other than items.
Why not? there is no such thing as an artifact merchant in H4... it would be nice to have...

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 28 Apr 2007, 11:29

Too many scenarios depend on aquiring a specific artifact.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 28 Apr 2007, 11:33

Then blacksmith level 2 gets disabled by the mapmaker...
I was mostly thinking about multiplayer balance...

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 28 Apr 2007, 12:34

Siegfried wrote: Spell scrolls: A nice idea would be to add any spell to the ogre mages if they carry the appropriate scroll. Not increasing their spell points, though. Could be interesting and sometimes surprising :) I don't know if adding any artifact effects to non-heroes is possible, though.
already asked something like that for mages. if I remember well, it's not possible.
Siegfried wrote: In another thread i already mentioned the possibility of peasants garrisoned in a town producing typical blacksmith items. The items should then be added to the peasant stack, so the player may move them to the hero. The items produced should be mainly the same as the blacksmith, but some other interesting items could be added. Item is randomly chosen out of a given set. Production rate depends on number of peasants and require blacksmith built.
would be better as a dwarf hability.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 28 Apr 2007, 14:14

If I understood clear new faction is unavailable for h4 (sadly...); so better close that thread B-)
Or move to unnecessary "talk about nothing"

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 29 Apr 2007, 12:43

What about the upgradable blacksmith, Dalai?

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 07 Jun 2007, 11:43

As for issue of 7th faction - NO. Impossible to make without source code, plus it requires tons of animations, etc.

Better would be stabilizing factions:
Life: protections + resurrection
Order: control + counters
Death: curses + dead manipulation
Chaos: devastative magic + brutal strike
Nature: strenghtening + number (summoning/portal)
Might: low cost + magic resistance
So you guys think that the Stronghold's strength in numbers (i.e. the Breeding Pits) are not enough to compensate for its complete lack of magic? I've never considered this as an issue, but I haven't played much multiplayer, so it may be a different case there.
IMO Stronghold should concentrate on MR instead of number (it's not Nature).
The thing is with magic a caster can empower/weaken the creatures on the battlefield to more than compesate your 50% bonus, which comes pretty late, mind you because that building is quite expesive.

B.Pens doesn't save the day, as normal Stronghold's week growth is lower than other factions (not to overpower Might at early stage, when opponents have less than five 3rd level creatures). That's why it should invest in MR to make its powerful units effective against magic. Therefore I agree with comments, that Stronghold is weaker than magic towns.

My suggestions:
-Dampener should give 25%MR and only to Might-aligned creatures, but wouldn't than cumulate with other Dampeners.
-Ogre Fort would require Dampener
-
1) Ogre Mage: Bloodlust, SnakeStrike, Antimagic & MagicLeech
Ogres are “shamans”, order’s Power Drain didn’t fit here. Might shouldn’t kill with magic (Shackles) but stop it. With limit 5 spell pts. single Antimagic or Magic Leech won’t defeat magic army but may help against might-killers: Berserk, Blind, Terror, Hypnosis, Confusions, Forgetfulness, etc. Mana draining is a good threat with next SnakeStrike or Bloodlust.
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"
- Firebolt (Chaos spell, level 2)

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 04 Jul 2007, 21:17

It would be cool if we could have the Inferno, but it's not going to happen ever.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

matgaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby matgaw » 15 Jul 2007, 21:02

An idea for might party: maybe might hero should give +1% of magic resistance per every 2 levels for his party? Level 20 hero + magic dampender = 20% magic resistance. Level 50 hero - 35% etc.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Jul 2007, 08:19

how the hell do you build a level 50 hero? ;|

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jul 2007, 14:58

Le_Faucheur wrote:how the hell do you build a level 50 hero? ;|
Create a level 40 hero then script an event to increase experience level. I have found even though it will let one do one command of 10 levels, that is not reliable, so you want to increase the levels 1 or 2 per command line. ie ten lines of increase experience 1 level.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Jul 2007, 18:40

yeah, I know how to build a level 50 hero.

I meant, by starting a normal map at the level 1...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jul 2007, 22:00

Le_Faucheur wrote:yeah, I know how to build a level 50 hero.

I meant, by starting a normal map at the level 1...
Sorry, I meant no offense, but try to be more clear what you are really asking. ;)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

matgaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby matgaw » 17 Jul 2007, 06:06

Once I managed almost level 60 hero (starting from 1)... on XL map with lots of spawn points, treasures, with underground etc.

Return to “Equilibris”