Heroes V Has Been Saved

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Jan 2006, 16:30

The producer of Heroes of Might and Magic V, Fabrice Cambounet, has announced today on the <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... ">official forum</a> that Ubisoft will delay the release of the game.

Ubisoft’s decision means that the development team will have more time to finalize the game, add features and remove bugs. The publisher will not repeat the errors made by 3DO a couple of years ago, but instead deliver a product that is on par with the other Ubisoft games that were released during the past few months. It also means that the voice of the community has been heard, thanks to over <a href="/http://www.saveheroes.org/petition/">2500 signatures</a> and numerous mentions on gaming news sites. We wish to thank you for the tremendous support you have given us over the past few days. Your feedback about the controversial News Suppression Pact was also very important: it showed us that the community is mature, dedicated to its franchise and able to debate the choice of action that was chosen. We hope you understand that time was running out, that there was still a strong possibility to see Ubisoft confirm the March release date that is still showing on various Web sites, and that it was extremely important to make sure that the Might and Magic series didn’t get another unsuccessful game. Ubisoft also deserves our gratitude. They listened to our requests, understood the reasons behind our petition and committed themselves to creating a game worthy of the Heroes name.

As a consequence to today’s announcement, some pages of the SaveHeroes.org site, such as How Can I Help, will be removed. The News Suppression Pact is no longer in effect. The Heroes V coverage will be brought back on all community sites and you can expect to read more good news on their pages during the next few days. Again, we thank you for your patience and your support.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1138638658
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Delrusant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Delrusant » 30 Jan 2006, 16:33

There an annoucement on the french forum by muadib (fabrice Cambounet) , saying that it is postponed and the nex release date is unknown. (au bout 20 minutes ago). I don't know if it's on the us forums.

So you can get back to the news. ;)

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Labyrinth » 30 Jan 2006, 16:35

How great is this?!

We made it! YAY!

We saved Heroes of Might and Magic V!

Thanks Ubisoft! Thanks alot for listening to your dedicated Fanbase!

Thanks Nival for making this game!

I hug the world :)
What the #$*! do we know?

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Rhutobello » 30 Jan 2006, 16:35

I am proud of you all....hopefully this will show that gamers have more the 1 tought in the head:)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 30 Jan 2006, 16:36

Congrats are in order to the Heroes Community.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Jan 2006, 16:37

This the post I wrote for SaveHeroes.org. Sorry if it sounds a little too formal. I don't have time to write a second version. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby dragonn » 30 Jan 2006, 17:09

YAAAAY!!! Long live the Heroes series!

Because everything is back to normal get a load of this http://www.gram.pl/galeria.asp?id=375&gid=325&pid=368 (for those who haven't played the beta)
Edited on Mon, Jan 30 2006, 10:11 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:11

Dont get overexcited though.Who knows what theyll do actually.A lot of the current problems couldve been solved earlier.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 30 Jan 2006, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jan 2006, 17:11

Yeah, whatever! Get the info back online already please. I have creature names to bash. :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

viknety
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby viknety » 30 Jan 2006, 17:18

That is great news!!!

the game has a lot of potential but so many bugs and is very unbalanced at the moment (for example why is there luck in magic, it makes no sense - a few minutes ago somebody killed my 5 archangels with a "lighting strike" because of "luck" argh :-( ).

BTW does anyone know where we report bugs.

GREAT GAME!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:21

Actually,luck makes perfect sense in magic.That kind of "wild" magic is very popular with some people.It is very fun sometimes.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Veldrynus » 30 Jan 2006, 17:24

How surprising... Now, Fabrice becomes the hero of the day, and Ubisoft the most beloved company of the week.
Last edited by Veldrynus on 30 Jan 2006, 17:50, edited 2 times in total.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 17:24

Thank you Ubisoft/Fabrice/Nival. And thanks to every fan who helped making sure that past mistakes aren't repeated. :oex:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:30

Gaidal Cain wrote:Thank you Ubisoft/Fabrice/Nival. And thanks to every fan who helped making sure that past mistakes aren't repeated. :oex:
just postponed

tessraven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby tessraven » 30 Jan 2006, 17:34

"We saved Heroes?" It's amazing how half cocked the "Hommunity" behaves. "We" don't know if "we" had anything to do with Heroes' delay, and we still don't "know" if the end result will be a good or bad game. It's a given we all want a good game to play, but consider the events of the last few days. Regardless of the intent, the behavior of the Hommunity website administrators has been very questionable: rumor mongering, hubris, irrationality, immaturity, lack of communication, lack of transparancy, etc. When the site admins criticize Ubi for its code of conduct, I see the pot calling the kettle black. In the future, I hope both would honestly reflect on the poor events of these past several days. LONG LIVE HEROES.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 17:37

So, the resident Evil Eye... err... Nightmare doesn't dare to speak loudly?

Pray tell, what are the past mistakes that are being delayed? I don't share the developers obviuos fixation with H3, but I don't think H3 was a mistake when it was released...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:40

Of course we did it!What are you saying?That all of us regular joes are irrelevant and meaningless?That our pathetic lives mean nothing in the long run?
Gaidal Cain wrote:Pray tell, what are the past mistakes that are being delayed? I don't share the developers obviuos fixation with H3, but I don't think H3 was a mistake when it was released...
Balance issues,combat AI,bugs(yes,they can still remain,even after this beta fiasco),just to name the few general ones.

Xsi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Xsi » 30 Jan 2006, 17:48

Great news (although this was quite obvious).

As for the "we saved heroes"... well.. yeah... if it makes you feel better

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Veldrynus » 30 Jan 2006, 17:51

Xsi wrote:Great news (although this was quite obvious).

As for the "we saved heroes"... well.. yeah... if it makes you feel better
See ? This is how manipulation works.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 17:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:Of course we did it!What are you saying?That all of us regular joes are irrelevant and meaningless?That our pathetic lives mean nothing in the long run?
That's probably true for some people...
Balance issues,combat AI,bugs(yes,they can still remain,even after this beta fiasco),just to name the few general ones.
And how are these different from what you can expect from almost any computer game where they're applicable? Hopefully the delay means that neither of them will be so severe as to lessen the fun of the game.

Return to “News”