MM7 view

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

MM7 view

Unread postby Apeman » 12 Apr 2007, 08:20

I tried to experiment some with the MM7 view editor thingie. Now I'm certainly no expert and that's quite the understatement, but I managed to change quite a few things.

My game now has only the strongest possible monster spawns and they spawn mostly with 5 at a time instead of 1-3. I can also change any hitpoints or experience or loot, it works pretty well. Hell I even have some dragons spawned in the hall under the hill.

Does anyone else mess around with this utility?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Apr 2007, 22:11

So where can MM7 View (and MM6 View) be downloaded?
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Apr 2007, 22:20

here
or
there (but angelfire does not support direct linking..)

I think that it works also for mm6 ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Apr 2007, 03:59

Thanks. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2007, 12:01

My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

redwoodtreesprite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM7 view

Unread postby redwoodtreesprite » 15 Apr 2007, 17:30

Apeman wrote:I tried to experiment some with the MM7 view editor thingie. Now I'm certainly no expert and that's quite the understatement, but I managed to change quite a few things.

My game now has only the strongest possible monster spawns and they spawn mostly with 5 at a time instead of 1-3. I can also change any hitpoints or experience or loot, it works pretty well. Hell I even have some dragons spawned in the hall under the hill.

Does anyone else mess around with this utility?
I'm still a bit mystified by how to do non-texture changes using MM7View. As I can't figure out what to do with the text documents. Is there a way to change an enemy creature's special attacks? The one we would really like to get rid of is that nasty die attack the Minotaur Lords use, as that one group in the tunnels to Nighon can really make it difficult to get through, even with a very high level party and a mega-powerful resistance to death spell by the cleric.

---------------------------------------

If anyone has questions on changing the graphics with the View programs, feel free to ask me, as I have spent a lot of time playing around in that area, and have had good success with changing NPC and PC faces, as well as changing the look of many weapons, shields, rings and such in MM7, using textures from MM6 and MM8.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 15 Apr 2007, 18:53

I don't know if you can change the special attacks of creatures as they require a unique animation or sound. It's worth a try though, I'll look into it.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Apr 2007, 15:41

All monsters' parameters are kept in Monsters.txt file. You can edit them with tables editor from http://wog.celestialheavens.com/en/download/utilities/ The "Spell Attack" column is the one you need.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

redwoodtreesprite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby redwoodtreesprite » 17 Apr 2007, 18:38

GrayFace wrote:All monsters' parameters are kept in Monsters.txt file. You can edit them with tables editor from http://wog.celestialheavens.com/en/download/utilities/ The "Spell Attack" column is the one you need.
Thanks so much. :)

Now to play around more with my Might and Magic games. :D

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Re: MM7 view

Unread postby darkdill » 15 Apr 2018, 03:06

I've tried using this to edit my saves, but I keep running into "RichEdit Line Insertion Error".

Any idea what causes this?

Return to “Might and Magic”