Tribes of the East Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Tribes of the East Announced

Unread postby King Imp » 08 Apr 2007, 18:17

Zamolxis wrote:There's also a 3rd solution, but a BAAAD one:
- The creatures in the "alternate line" to be co-dependent. Meaning if you choose for Enforcer, you'll be forced to go only with the Renegades from then on up to the Fallen Angel. Of course this will terribly limit the fun, killing our chances of developing the preferate line-up.

Knowing Nival, this will be the route they take.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Apr 2007, 19:25

That would be terribly lame.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Daystar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Daystar » 09 Apr 2007, 02:15

"Pink Titan"

The Titans that make lightning with eachother?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Apr 2007, 05:00

New upgrade possibilities? Nice. New dragon *yawn*. New Spells? Wooohooo!!!! Stand alone. Does that mean I can play every one of them without inserting different discs? If so Yay! If not..*yawn*.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

sir Aayren ili Essen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sir Aayren ili Essen » 09 Apr 2007, 12:42

Hmm... I think a renegades don't be alternatiwe upragdes. New units must be a similar that not upragde... In other hand, if they give our a renegades, they make a co-dependent (enforcer ---> only Faallen Angel)

Better if first think will be...

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 09 Apr 2007, 19:39

Found out a little bit of new information, although its not officially confirmed.

Administrators in this forum say, that they have been to the Russian game developers conference, which happened from 6th till 8th of April, where they saw presentation for Tribes of the East. According to this presentation, cyclops will be a level 7 creature and will have the ability to eat and throw goblins. Female orc shamans will be able to sacrifice goblins. Also, if you are going to loose a battle, goblins can turn against you and fight at the opponents side.

sir Aayren ili Essen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sir Aayren ili Essen » 09 Apr 2007, 20:14

Och! Eternor in these news i see thath in this faction will be a wiverns! It's a mistike witch Pao-kai or I forgetten russian?

Hmmm... In these goblins is goog idea! Goblins witch two upragest: Lesser that is olways witch you and stringers who bite you wen your troops will be lossing.
Edited on Mon, Apr 09 2007, 13:24 by sir Aayren ili Essen

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 09 Apr 2007, 20:18

Well... this should be interesting.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Apr 2007, 20:22

Why would the Goblins fight for the enemy when chances are most factions would just kill them after, being bigots and all? They'd be better off running away.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Apr 2007, 20:23

Also, if you are going to loose a battle, goblins can turn against you and fight at the opponents side.
Yay, that will be ability :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Cleanpea » 09 Apr 2007, 20:34

ThunderTitan said:

Why would the Goblins fight for the enemy when chances are most factions would just kill them after, being bigots and all? They'd be better off running away.

no one said the goblins were smart...
Edited on Mon, Apr 09 2007, 13:35 by Cleanpea

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 09 Apr 2007, 23:46

Eternor wrote:According to this presentation, cyclops will be a level 7 creature
What? Cyclopes are the highest level creature of the Barbarian town? This expansion is nothing more than a pale H1 clone! :) :jester:
and will have the ability to eat and throw goblins
If done well, this could be the best thing humor-wise since the unravelling toilet paper mummies of Heroes II.
Female orc shamans will be able to sacrifice goblins.
These poor goblins seem to be picked on.
Also, if you are going to loose a battle, goblins can turn against you and fight at the opponents side.
Can we still throw and sacrifice them if they switch sides? :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Apr 2007, 01:09

interesting that no prev installation is required .... btw, did HoF bring in any new artifacts? This exp seems much better than HoF to me
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Apr 2007, 02:00

:yes:

The artifacts that I can remember that are HoF-only are (and there are others):

Markal's Skull
Tome of _____ Magic (a tome for each type of magic, like in 3 and 4)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 10 Apr 2007, 07:00

Eternor wrote:Administrators in this forum say, that they have been to the Russian game developers conference, which happened from 6th till 8th of April, where they saw presentation for Tribes of the East. According to this presentation, cyclops will be a level 7 creature and will have the ability to eat and throw goblins. Female orc shamans will be able to sacrifice goblins. Also, if you are going to loose a battle, goblins can turn against you and fight at the opponents side.

I pray this isn't true. This sounds awful!

I like the Cyclops and all, but not as a Level 7 unit and frankly the eating and throwing goblins is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Next you have the female shaman sacrificing goblins. What the hell?

Why would these units be harming their own brethren?

If this is true, then don't even make Heroes 6 because then they will have proven to have completely lost it.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Apr 2007, 07:06

maybe it's no different to the sacrificial things that previous iterations have used?

maybe it's not as bad as it sounds?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Apr 2007, 07:11

Eat goblins to regain health? Sacrifice goblins to increase strength of spells? Throwing goblins for distance attack? Just some possibilties. Load them thar gobies into the catamapault. Fire!!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Apr 2007, 07:20

:rofl: :lolu: see!!! all sorts of uses :D

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 10 Apr 2007, 08:57

Alternative upgrades:

Am I the only one that dislikes this idea?

There is no way alternative upgrades will be balanced among themselves (there is need for 56 separate balancing procedures which is impossible to do, especially in a game like this), and people will end up picking one of them 99% of times.... waste of slots! and waste of abilities!, 1 more town or even 7 more neutral units would be better than this imho.

Mass crossbowmen with Dougal already sounds broken.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Tribes of the East Announced

Unread postby Zamolxis » 10 Apr 2007, 09:30

Ya5MieL wrote:"Am I the only one that dislikes this idea?"
Maybe not the only, but surely one of the few. Because the idea in itself is not bad at all. It only means more variety and multi-leveled strategies maybe.

There is of course always the risk of having it badly implemented. But if we think like this, the game should have had only 2 alignments without upgrades. Of course with each new alignment, as long as the new creatures have new abilities, the game gets harder to balance, but also more interesting. Of course by using the upgrades, the game gets harder to balance, but also more interesting (part of the reason why many didn't like H4). Therefore, also the use of alternate upgrades, although a challange to the developers to come up with enough original ideas and to also balance them - if done right - can only add to the game.

Cheers.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Return to “News”