Tribes of the East Screenshot

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 06 Apr 2007, 18:23

What about the minotaur a goblin is fighting in one of the screens?

I suppose it's an alternative upgrade to the minotaur, but why it's skin is the same colour as the orcs? They couldn't think of a new color so they just use the one they had?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 06 Apr 2007, 19:10

alright first of all, i agree that the tambourine has to go.

second of all, i think that that minotaur is still the same old normal minotaur, and if it isnt then it looks exactly like one.

third: the "big guy in armor" is an orc version on the Demon Lord, probably a campaign item or maybe some new feature. the "human woman in bear skin" is once again the orc version of a Succubus, im also surprised no one got that yet. and also, the "goblin" thats fighting the minotaur is the orc version of an Imp. i wonder what all of that means? probably some campaign thing, but i really dont know why they would put new models on the same frames as Inferno Units, since they obviously arent a part of the Orc lineup. any ideas?
Edited on Fri, Apr 06 2007, 12:12 by soupnazii

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Tribes of the East Screenshot

Unread postby Zamolxis » 06 Apr 2007, 20:25

Kareeah Indaga wrote:<<Speaking of which, any volunteers to give the Pao Kai feathers and rename it... >>
I don't know about the feathers, but I for one volunteer to rename the unit. And not into T-bird, but I would propose Kung Pao. At least that would sound equally familiar to the DMoMM players as well as to the others... :P:P:P
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 06 Apr 2007, 20:33

"quote"Yes, everyone knows that the tambourine is a pinnacle of modern science. "

I never said it was the pinnacle of science, i said it looked like it belongs in a modern setting, and manufactured. the Tambourine can only stay if they make it look more primitive, like the ones here on Wiki (the arabic Riq, or the Kanjira look good)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tambourine

if they cover it with a skin, add some tassles/feathers, at least it wont look like something out of my grade 9 music class.
Edited on Fri, Apr 06 2007, 13:36 by myythryyn

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Tribes of the East Screenshot

Unread postby Zamolxis » 06 Apr 2007, 20:46

Marzhin:
//
Creatures announced :

Orcs - check
Goblins - check
Pao Kai - check
Cyclops - not yet seen on the screenshots.

Creatures we can see on the various screenshots :

1. Goblin
2. Centaur
3. Human Woman wearing bear skin
4. Guy with mask and tambourine
5. Warrior with shield, let's assume it is an Orc warrior
6. Guy with chains
7. Pao Kai
8. Big fellow in armour
9. Big orc woman

The tambourine guy could be one of the upgrade for the goblin, still that leaves 8 units which are too different to guess if some are upgrades of the others. What do you think?
//
Marzhin, the "Guy with chains" at no.6 is the upgrade of the Goblin at no.1, and not the "Guy with tambourine and mask". That guy is probably a lvl.1 Berzeker or sth. And the "Big orc woman" at no.9 is the upgrade of the "Human woman wearing bear skin" at no.3 (they are actually not that different, just one is older, dressed a bit different and is closer to the "camera"). ;)

That leaves us with 7 creatures actually (the full alignment), with most intriguing one being "Big fellow in armour" at no.8 which - depending of Nival's imagination - could be a lot of things:

a) As they promised Cyclops, it might be that, although the helmet (bad angle maybe) makes it look more like a Biclops. :p

b) Judging by the hands & feet, which are a bit bear-like, it might also be a lvl.6 Behemoth - but I really hope that's not the case (It would be a huge disappointment: both the downgrading and the look).

c) What *I* personally would prefer that creature to be, is a Troll. :devious:
Last edited by Zamolxis on 06 Apr 2007, 20:56, edited 3 times in total.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Apr 2007, 20:51

@myythryyn
Well remind me to be glad you didn't grow up in a place where they use tambourines with skins...

And note that those other instruments are related to it, kinda like a guitar and a banjo.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 06 Apr 2007, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 06 Apr 2007, 20:58

Leave the tambourine guy alone guys... It's nice to have a creature cheering things up on the battlefield. :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Apr 2007, 21:04

The tambourine could look better, but i really don't see how it look 2 modern. It's a piece of wood with bells, i doubt that the tech lvl in H5 wouldn't account 4 it.

As 4 the units, let's say that the 3 different goblins are branching upgrades, we still have 6 units:
1. Goblin (i saw 3 myself);
2. Female Orc;
3. Male Orc;
4. Centaur;
5. Ogre; (doesn't look like a Troll 2 me, Cyclops and Behemoth definitely not)
6. Pao Kai;

That would leave room 4 a Behemoth at lvl7.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 06 Apr 2007, 21:31

Zamolxis wrote:Leave the tambourine guy alone guys... It's nice to have a creature cheering things up on the battlefield. :P
QFE!
What's wrong with the tambourine? It's got to be one of the funniest things in the game I've seen so far...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 06 Apr 2007, 21:34

Regarding your line-up TT, I doubt the tambourine guy (which lookes like lvl.1) upgrades to those 2 Goblins (which look like lvl.2, 3 or even 4). Without it being really an argument maybe, I also doubt of it simply because - if I'm not mistaken - a line-up including both basic and upgraded creature for same lvl in an Ubi official screenshot would be a premiere. ;)

If I'm right, then again there's no room for the Behemoth.

About the "Ogre", I kinda hope for not. I was quite disappointed by the H3 & H4 Ogres, so personally I'd prefer they take a break.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Apr 2007, 21:50

Trolls in armour?! Doubtful.

And i was thinking sword goblin upgrades into either Tambourine guy (i doubt he's lvl1 as he seem to be a caster) or Chain&Headwrap guy. I know, I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic...

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 06 Apr 2007, 23:19

I think we all agree that the "Gollum goblin" is the basic lvl 1 unit.

That funny shaman thing looks like a goblin, so it probably is one upgrade.

The guy with the trap does not look like a goblin, but who knows. He seems pretty weak to me. Look at his head - like he pretends to be a tree... Could be a goblin or orc upgrade.

The centaur looks fine, except for the helmet and the tail. But there are still two other versions left, which may look perfect.

That orc warrior is probably one orc upgrade. Nothing to complain about here.

The guy - sorry, girl - on the right is probably a mid-level fast melee unit. It's obviously an upgrade of the raccoon girl in the other picture.

The Pao-Kai looks alright. I think this is the basic version in some triumphal pose. It's okay, it's not that much of a dragon, rather a new wyvern.

It's hard to tell whether the fat armoured guy has one or two eyes. Might be a cyclops upgrade, might be something different (troll, ogre, whatever).

The hero looks great!

So we have at least 6 different units presented in the picture. The 7th is missing, so we don' know anything about it. It could be the real cyclops... or maybe a behemoth? ;)

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Apr 2007, 00:04

is everybody here blind?!?! or did i just turn crazy or something? or maybe wat im saying isnt actually that important?

The "ogre"or "troll" or "cyclops" or "behemoth" IS JUST A RECOLORED DEMON LORD!!!!!! does nobody else see that?!?!? and the "raccoon girl" IS JUST A RECOLORED AND SLIGHTLY CHANGED SUCCUBUS!!! and the "goblin" IS JUST A RECOLORED IMP!!! i dont know why everyone is missing this, but it seems like a pretty big deal to me!

EDIT: just so you know exactly what i mean:

http://resources.ubi.com/resources/65/6 ... cement.jpg
Edited on Fri, Apr 06 2007, 17:06 by soupnazii

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2007, 00:08

We've all resigned into indifference... and at least it's better then 6 dwarfs and a dragon.

But as far as 3d models go they're different enough not to really matter imo.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 07 Apr 2007, 06:57

What kind a weapon does the one on the right have? Looks like a hypodermic needle.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

sir Aayren ili Essen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sir Aayren ili Essen » 07 Apr 2007, 07:43

I now why orc are orange, not green. Mages makes experiments with demons blood - demons are red then orange is looks like a demons blood hybrid, and green not gut here.

A Pao-Kai is a 7lvl monster? Does bohemots not egzist in HoomV???

soupnazi - centaurs is a 2lvl Horned Demon or a 5lvl Night mare?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Apr 2007, 19:15

yea well you'll all see later that i was right and its some new feature either in general or for the campaign. i doubt even Ubival would be so cheap as to recycle old models.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 07 Apr 2007, 19:41

I'm honestly not seeing the similaritiies of the Barbarian units to the other units already in the game.

Why does the big Troll thing looks like a Demon Lord? Because they both carry a big ax?

Why does the Goblin look like an Imp? Because they are both small?

Why does "Raccoon Girl" look like a Succubus? Because they are kinda standing in the same pose?

Sorry, but that sounds like reaching to me.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 07 Apr 2007, 19:45

Do we know where in Ashan these Orcs are coming from?

Edit: found it elsewhere, it's the Plains of Ranaar
Edited on Sat, Apr 07 2007, 12:48 by Gnoll_Mage

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 07 Apr 2007, 20:43

I'm not sure if they are recycling old models, but some similarities sure are there.

The Raccoon girl actually reminded me more of the Blood Maidens (maybe because of the "outfit", silhouette and similar weapon).

The Goblin seemed a bit familiar, but I didn't know why. Now that soupnazii pointed it out, I realize the creature has a pretty similar "standing" position with the Imp.

The Troll/Ogre/Cyclope/hopefully-not-Behemoth stroke me more than the others maybe, with helmet, axe with the little skulls and size in general - all reminding me somehow of the Demon Lord.

But Nival has done worse things in the past, some so bad that things like the above don't bother me at all anymore. To complain about similarities like those above, would mean expecting perfection from them, while the only thing we can afford to expect from them, is at least no more disappointments.

Return to “Screenshots”