What are you currently reading?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Mar 2007, 18:56

Yes, I am soooo bored with it. It's only fun the first day :disagree:
You live around Falen right? I'm on the waiting list for one around there - close to work and all :D

Generally Odense C. Gotta be in the mid of the town. And fairly priced ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 29 Mar 2007, 18:59

Fairly priced and mid of town doesn't go together very well you know.
PM comming your way.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Mar 2007, 19:04

With to m's? :devious:

Actually, it's much easier to find what I'm looking for than I thought it would be. But alot of the people I write simply don't answer me :disagree:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 29 Mar 2007, 19:10

Everyone can't be as perfect as you with regards to spelling ;|
Have you considered becoming a teacher??

Back on topic, the only thing I'm reading these days are all the boring papers necessary for buying a house, like the deed, mortgages etc :(

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Mar 2007, 19:12

No. I don't like children.

It's fun to just live somewhere. To have to find some new place to live is hell!
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Mar 2007, 19:23

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:With to m's? :devious:
Welcome to the dark side. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Mar 2007, 19:26

You have cookies? :D
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Mar 2007, 19:28

We used to... i ate them all, coz i'm evil. :devious:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 29 Mar 2007, 21:40

Corribus wrote:Didn't Jackson turn down The Hobbit? I'm not sure how the Silmarillion could be turned into a movie...
Jackson and New Line got in a lawsuit over DVD money, I believe.

As to Silmarilion, there may be enough there. After the original publication, Christopher incorporated a lot of new material to produce his multivolume History of Middle Earth. It would be possible to draw the main continuity from the Fall of Numenor with other material used as flashbacks.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 29 Mar 2007, 21:43

Caradoc wrote:As to Silmarilion, there may be enough there. After the original publication, Christopher incorporated a lot of new material to produce his multivolume History of Middle Earth. It would be possible to draw the main continuity from the Fall of Numenor with other material used as flashbacks.
Yeah but don't you think it is too expansive for a movie? Too much like a history. There's really not much of a plot, after all. Just a lot of people and places and events.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Mar 2007, 11:41

cause it got lost ....
SU wrote:and on to good news, I got a copy of The Halflings Gem and have reserved the Legacy and Starless Nights .... these continuations any good?
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 30 Mar 2007, 12:13

Corribus wrote: Yeah but don't you think it is too expansive for a movie? Too much like a history. There's really not much of a plot, after all. Just a lot of people and places and events.
Maybe a serie? ;|
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Mar 2007, 21:05

Veldrynus wrote:
Corribus wrote: Yeah but don't you think it is too expansive for a movie? Too much like a history. There's really not much of a plot, after all. Just a lot of people and places and events.
Maybe a serie? ;|

I agree there couldn't be a linear narrative covering the entire history, even in a trilogy. But you could take three of the better developed stories, such as Beren and Luthian, and do a movie on each with the rest used as framing. 2001: A Space Odyssey worked pretty well this way.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Mar 2007, 21:18

Caradoc wrote:such as Beren and Luthien,
Yes, because half an hour of "woman on horse singing her way around Mordor" makes for such captivating film-making.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 Mar 2007, 04:09

ThunderTitan wrote:
Caradoc wrote:such as Beren and Luthien,
Yes, because half an hour of "woman on horse singing her way around Mordor" makes for such captivating film-making.
If Quenton Tarontino directed, I bet it would be.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Mar 2007, 14:49

Caradoc wrote:If Quenton Tarontino directed, I bet it would be.
But only coz she'd have Sonic Scream powers....

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 31 Mar 2007, 17:58

Beren and Luthien would make one heck of a movie. It's got it all: hot chicks, talking dogs, supernatural villains, shiny jewels and more! B-)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Apr 2007, 05:54

I'll take that as no recommendation then .... :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 06 Apr 2007, 14:27

Doing some biographies....

Just finished one about Johnny Unitas (Famous American football player) and just started Genghis Kahn - The Emperor of All Men (Harold Lamb).

Harold Lamb's writings about Kahn - although very old (1927) - captures the greatness of Kahn because he tends to be able to see through the ignorance of the Eurpoean storytellers who would have had no idea of the Mongrols ideals and needs. In addition, Kahn is just so interesting and mysterious.

Eventually I'll go into another Sci-Fi/Fantasy book, but bios intrigue me.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 07 Apr 2007, 06:45

I'm reading a book called the Brotherhood of Bell which is about the Nazis' explorations into 'scalar' physics. The Bell was a contraption with two rotating mercury coated cylinders spinning at high speeds in a ceramic shell, what the author calls a mercury vortex engine. The result was an anti-gravity field that may be the technology behind UFOs. Continuation of the Nazi movement after WWII is a subject I have been interested in for many years and I am firmly convinced it is true and still being felt. It appears that at the end of the war, they were pretty far along to the road to the nuclear bomb and that some deal was made for the US to acquire enough enriched uranium from them to make the first bomb. It is well established that the Eastern Europe branch of the CIA was the former Nazi operation. And of course the US space program was run by former Nazis. Nazi occultism is another fascinating study.

I wonder if anyone else has looked into this? If you want, I can tell you a lot more.

Return to “Campfire”