Our true look [images]

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 24 Mar 2007, 02:32

You wish :devil:
Hey, I got something that will interest you :devious:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Mar 2007, 03:02

A picture, perhaps? :oex:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 24 Mar 2007, 03:58

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I used to look like that :(
Only with hips!
Girls don't have hips anymore! :disagree:
I saw this reply from Milla a couple of days ago, and somehow it got stuck in the back of my mind, to surface again today while I was in a jam and had nothing else to think about.

First, it's not really the fact that girls don't have hips anymore. Some have the size of China. It's more that the "ideal of beaty", the girls more and more men are drooling for, are those with tiny hips.

Now why is that? When I was 16-20, even later, I used to really not care about that. I doubt though it was the age, but more the time and the place. As said above, I was surrounded with like 80% more or less thin girls - with or without hips (with the rest of 20% including both the overweighted and the skeletons - not that many for those who are into the kind). So I guess than when you have 80% to choose from, you don't really look at the hips, but other factors are more important for the "natural selection": brains, sense of humour, character, eyes, face, personality etc. Hips come somehow after that, and even as a positive thing - because you can AFFORD to appreciate that.

What changed then? What changed me, what made so many others change. I'm looking around here in Western Europe, and I remember what I saw last year when I was in the States. The amount of overweight people is already huge (both genders) and seems to increase still every day.

This triggers two reactions: some learn to accept it, and eventually many of them join the trend of enjoying life like this (aka enjoying burgers everyday and stuff...). Some however develop a negative reaction, which manifests - like a defense mechanism - through an unconscious fobia against fat. Any kind of fat. This can push of course people in the other extreme (anorexia), but that aside, a more moderate behaviour is just rejecting fat, and anything that might lead to that. And of course, as soon as you have the phobia, hips might seem for one or another as a sign of fat, a first step towards what you see more and more on the streets around you.

Note: don't mind my ramble too much. It's 5 a.m. where I am so my brain is half gone after a sleepless night (had to keep myself busy somehow while doing some video editing in the background). Tomorrow I might not be ok anymore with some of the things stated above (or realize I left out important details... or manners). Well, I guess that's what the "Edit" button is for. :p
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Mar 2007, 05:34

bah, girls without hips are a waste of space IMO, as I have said before, I prefer some curves dammit!

and I think that I'll give the g/f a miss TT, Milla is right about me, I'm not cheating on my wife

oh and milla, ta .... i think she is too :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 24 Mar 2007, 07:50

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Hey, I got something that will interest you :devious:
Bow chicka bow wow.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 Mar 2007, 11:21

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Hey, I got something that will interest you :devious:
Yes... yes you certainly do :devious:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Mar 2007, 12:30

stefan.urlus wrote: and I think that I'll give the g/f a miss TT, Milla is right about me, I'm not cheating on my wife
If you were why would i bother forcing you to?!
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Hey, I got something that will interest you :devious:
Yeah, but only once, after that i'll move on.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 24 Mar 2007, 12:46

Zamolxis wrote: This triggers two reactions: some learn to accept it, and eventually many of them join the trend of enjoying life like this (aka enjoying burgers everyday and stuff...).
Well, this "acceptance" is sort of obvious. If 60% of all american (US) women are overweigth, logically 60% of the men will have fat gf's and wives. These people will "accept" the bonus pounds to justify their situation. Think about the fox and the grapes again.
I will never consider fat sexy, and mosty likely almost nobody in my generation. Even those who have fat partners and say it's ok, they would replace him\her at any time they got a chance.
Fat is bad. Period.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Mar 2007, 12:59

Veldrynus wrote: Fat is bad. Period.
I give to you the Ottoman Empire. They had a thing 4 fat chicks.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Mar 2007, 13:22

I never quite understood that.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 Mar 2007, 13:35

There's many reasons why women we might consider fat have been seen as a good catch. For one, there's the whole being able to deliver a steady stream of babies. It also points to being able to afford food, and being able to or coming from a family being able to cook. Probably some artistic fancy reasons I don't understand somewhere too.

Of course, most these factors don't really apply in modern society, so the standards change.
- Duke

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 24 Mar 2007, 13:46

Even today, in some rural areas, fat as a symbol of wealth, is considered attractive.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Mar 2007, 14:02

Wealth on a whole is considered attractive, that much I know :devious:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Mar 2007, 16:04

Elvin wrote:I never quite understood that.
They prob never understood why you like walking skeletons either.
Of course, most these factors don't really apply in modern society, so the standards change.
Yeah, God forbid she knows how to cook or something.

Bah, the standards are set by society, you're all just sheep.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 Mar 2007, 16:17

Yes, you go out and make loud statements on the lines of you want a sturdy woman who will stay at home and cook and be pregnant, could be fun to watch... from a safe distance :tongue:
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Mar 2007, 17:11

Yeah, i should say i want one that's never home, can't cook and isn't fertile.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 Mar 2007, 17:24

You do that ;) Me, I like the middle ground.
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Mar 2007, 17:40

Ethric wrote:Me, I like the middle ground.
Sure, delude yourself...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Mar 2007, 18:20

Personally I have no objection to debasing myself a bit... doing some simple house chores is actually a real turn-on for the ladies :devious:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 24 Mar 2007, 19:02

I love a man that can cook.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Return to “Campfire”