What are you currently reading?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jan 2007, 19:56

Sauron wrote: Of course, the General Story isn't too much important, but if it is original and good made, it can be superb.
Isn't that exactly what i said?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 03 Jan 2007, 21:54

ThunderTitan wrote:
Sauron wrote: Of course, the General Story isn't too much important, but if it is original and good made, it can be superb.
Isn't that exactly what i said?!
Wasn't I sayin... I will give an advice to both of us: "Lets forget this :) "
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Feb 2007, 06:46

after DL's prompting, I'm re-reading the Shannara series, starting well, let's see how it goes
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Feb 2007, 10:27

I'm just going through a book entitled: "The Philosophies of India". :-D Luckily, it's not "Gods of India", because I'd be about to faint if it would have 1 page for every god. :D

I'll read another one about Spiritism, other about Budhism, and some other about civilization starting, laws, etc in Europe.

So, I can keep writing my book.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Feb 2007, 04:02

well, got thru the first two books of the series but then it bogged down and I let it go, need to find something else to keep my interest piqued .... at the moment it's my DS that has my interest

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Mar 2007, 07:20

well someone pointed me in the direction of Forgotten Realms, and since I'd just finished BG: DA II, it seemed a natural choice to go for the Dark Elf trilogy, enjoying it quite a bit at the moment

if I recall correctly the Icewind Dale Trilogy is also a good one to get .... confirmation pls?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Mar 2007, 10:16

Yes, it's a good one. You may have heard that while the dark elf trilogy is chronologically before icewind dale it was written after so you may see some minor inaccuracies. Also the first book is a bit different from the rest as it has a great focus on strategy. If you get the urge to read more, the legacy of the drow continues the saga very well.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Mar 2007, 10:21

If you have not already read them the Test of the Twins, Trial of the Twins, and related books are good. Raistlin and Carmen are interesting. Their sister is really evil, and I like that hehe. Makes for great reading. (there sister comes in much later if I remember right).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Mar 2007, 14:20

I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman and I'm rather liking it. Haven't even gotten to the half, though, but it's been nice up to now.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Mar 2007, 16:50

theLuckyDragon wrote:I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman and I'm rather liking it.
Next floor: graphic novels (that's a highbrow term for comics).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Beelzebubba
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Beelzebubba » 07 Mar 2007, 18:44

Catching up on back issues of New Scientist. I've also been making my way through a large collection of Sherlock Holmes stories.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Mar 2007, 19:24

As I type tihs, In re Arlco, Inc., 239 B.R. 261, 267 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 1999). It's awesome. You guys should check it out.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Mar 2007, 20:15

I decided to put aside my fantasy books and read something intellectually stimulating … "The Sun" magazine.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Mar 2007, 01:52

Mytical wrote:If you have not already read them the Test of the Twins, Trial of the Twins, and related books are good. Raistlin and Carmen are interesting. Their sister is really evil, and I like that hehe. Makes for great reading. (there sister comes in much later if I remember right).
I do enjoy a bit of Dragonlance, the companions are interesting especially the interplay between Kitiara, Caramon and Raistlin .... some very interesting characters indeed

so then I guess Icewind Dale and then Legacy of the Drow? (I assume that's the title?)

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 08 Mar 2007, 01:55

What am I currently reading? The "What are you currently reading" topic in the Heroes Round Table. :-D :-D :-D

Funny question. :D
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Mar 2007, 01:58

yuck, yuck, yuck :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 Mar 2007, 20:51

Finished American Gods a while ago, and contrary to TT's suggestion, I didn't pass to graphic novels :tongue:

... because I found Through the Looking-Glass in the bargain-bin somewhere :D I've been looking for it for ages, and now I finally have it. I'll be over with it soon, but at least the child in me will be happy :)

Then I'll probably buy The Zahir by Coelho, it's the only one that I don't have from among the Romanian translations.

And of course, there's always A Practical English Grammar with Exercices, along with its French counterpart.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Mar 2007, 00:37

stefan.urlus wrote: I do enjoy a bit of Dragonlance, the companions are interesting especially the interplay between Kitiara, Caramon and Raistlin .... some very interesting characters indeed

so then I guess Icewind Dale and then Legacy of the Drow? (I assume that's the title?)
Hmm I was told by a friend that dragonlance has plot holes and leaves some things unresolved. Was that right? I have absolutely no idea what happens with this series though I'm aware of its fame.

Yep you got it.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Mar 2007, 00:52

I didn't notice too much wrong with them, but it was a long time ago, I suggest it's similar to what I noticed when I read The Crystal Shard after having finished the Dark Elf Trilogy (particular reference to the fight between Masoj Hun'ett and Drizzt ... very different versions)

the books span a fairly large period of time, plus there are different authors and settings, just like FR so a bit of give and take is there

Swordmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swordmaster » 26 Mar 2007, 17:00

John Anthony West: Serpent in the sky - The high wisdom of ancient Egypt
A very interesting read, for those interested in the subject.

David Farland: The Sum of All Men
This far a very exciting epic fantasy tale, I hope the rest of the books keeps it up.

+

Loads of different articles upon historical archeaology for my studies.

Return to “Campfire”