Town you least like to play

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Phate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Phate » 18 Feb 2007, 22:30

Why is everyone posting their favourite town in the 'town you least like to play' thread? :|

Anyway, it has to be dungeon. Dark elves? lame. Taking out stacks with deep hydras? lame. Raping 1000000000000 neutral zombies with 10 blood furies? lame.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 Feb 2007, 22:32

Agreed. The Dungeon isn't that interesting to play as. Only the Blood Furies and Grim Raiders are any fun to use.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 Feb 2007, 00:00

I actually like the inferno faction but for me they are the least fun to play as because gating is so tedious.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Mar 2007, 08:26

Sylvan. The hero and units are a worthless combination. Defense with attacking creatures?? Atleast knowledge are useful with massbuffs....

I haven't played WoF so I can't speak about the Dwarves (Think I would like them though).
Last edited by Campaigner on 05 Mar 2007, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Mar 2007, 17:13

I really dislike the Dungeon in Heroes 5. :ill:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 04 Mar 2007, 22:30

I can't stand the Sylvan faction. I had to put the difficulty level to easy in the campaign just so I could get through it fast so I didn't need to play as them for too long. I tried Fury of the Elements, but I just couldn't take it because I can't stand the Sylvan units or Heroes. I don't have a problem with other towns; in fact I like to play as them all occasionally, but I just can't take Sylvan.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 06 Mar 2007, 17:18

I'll have to agree with the people who dislike the dungeon. While I've enjoyed that faction in other Heroes versions, I just haven't been able to develop a liking to them in H5. And so I play them the least. Which means I haven't taken the time to "get to know them". Which means I like them least...

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 06 Mar 2007, 17:40

Any town based on HOMM3 towns

:disagree:

Especially Dungeon!!!!!!! Ruinous Dungeon...

Take it back to the REAL dungeon

Dragons, Minotaurs, Hydras, Griffens, Gargoyles and Centaurs that shoot!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 06 Mar 2007, 18:58

Must be Inferno for me.
Never could get to like this town. not now and not in heroes3.
I can't put my finger as to the reason but I never ever pick them

tekeeee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tekeeee » 06 Mar 2007, 21:11

I loved Inferno in heroes 3 but I don't like it much in heroes 5,
Dungeonn is great though and only becuase opf their Blood Furies and Grim raiders, so interesting! :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Mar 2007, 07:32

Well I'm not a great fan of the academy, but the town I like to play least is Haven, just not into the human faction at all

gimme the fire loving inferno anyday!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 07 Mar 2007, 15:36

I may have to reconsider. Playing as humans is always quite dull for me in most games...

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 17 Mar 2007, 13:32

i must say necropolis. they are weaker that all the other factions and their 7th level unit has little hp. i played with a vampire lord in one scenario and was like 15 level or so and the vampires which u know gain bonus from the level of the hero were as strong as my spectral dragons, plus all the units are kind of slow it takes for example forever for zombie to go all the way across the map, and in homm5 there is no dark knight wtf is that

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 17 Mar 2007, 20:53

Oh, I love necropolis. one of my favourite towns.
yes, Their dragons are a bit on the weak side but I love all of their other units.
and zombies are not suppose to cross the battlefield, they suppose to stay back and defend the shooters

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 19 Mar 2007, 14:17

What?! Weaker than all the other factions?! :?? I am not sure how you are using them, but they are by far not weaker. They are one of the stronger factions, even with the weak level 7 unit. You must not be using them and their strengths correctly if you think so... :wall:

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 19 Mar 2007, 21:18

ok give me a situation with two equaly balanced armies and heroes and tell me how will the necropolis emerge as the victor, if that's not too much trouble

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 19 Mar 2007, 22:33

Oh dear, I can already see the predictable answer of: "Puppet master them to death, then frenzy their X unit and use raise dead so to not lose your troops"
but i'll leave it to the experts here for the full answer ;)

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 19 Mar 2007, 23:53

it's not gonna be like that, i was trying to make a point but in the middle of making it, it has lost it's purpose so ..... :-D :-D :-D

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 20 Mar 2007, 10:45

If you use Necropolis and you come out in a situation with two equaly balanced armies and heroes of which your Necropolis is one of them,

then like Starbatron said, You must not be using them and their strengths correctly if you think so.

Don't have to be expert to suggest that :-D :D B-)

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 20 Mar 2007, 12:49

First, as BoardGuest8088888 said, you should never be in that situation in the first place. The strength of Necropolis, as any one knows, is numbers, massive, massive numbers. Between the growth rate, creeping, and with some luck, creatures structures that can be used with your undead transformer, your army should have the advantage of superior numbers. Second, if you built your hero correctly, you should be able to make use of all the necro's casting strengths, such as the mass curses, puppet master, frenzy, raise dead, as well as the summoning spells, especially conjure Phoenix, and in addition, have his attack and defense buffed (there is some debate about the usefulness of defense with a necro army), and if you were patient enough to acquire luck, you should emerge victorious. This isn't to say you will never lose. Any town can be beat by virtually any town on any given day, but the odds should be in your favor. :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”