So, how' the new server so far?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

So, how' the new server so far?

Excellent, faster than before
30%
Good, about the same as before
65%
Acceptable, but a little slower
3%
Bad, things take much longer to load
3%

Total votes: 40

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 13 Feb 2007, 23:34

I moved my reply here, as the smilies don't show on the CH page.

But now I discovered when I am being kicked out: everytime I try to access the forums from the CH pages. Anybody else having the same problem?
The reason for this is that I had the forum redirected to the temp domain until the transfer completed. It has now been changed to point to the old domain. You shouldn't have this problem any longer.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Feb 2007, 23:35

Zamolxis wrote: But now I discovered when I am being kicked out: everytime I try to access the forums from the CH pages. Anybody else having the same problem?
No, I can access the Forums (Round Table) just fine from Celestial Heavens. ;|

Edit: Oops, protecyon got his answer in just ahead of me. :)

Anyhow, everything seems to be working great. :oex: YESSSSSSSSSSSS! :tsup:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 13 Feb 2007, 23:46

protecyon wrote:
...everytime I try to access the forums from the CH pages. Anybody else having the same problem?
The reason for this is that I had the forum redirected to the temp domain until the transfer completed. It has now been changed to point to the old domain. You shouldn't have this problem any longer.
:ill: Well, I still do.

But I noticed it's not when I try to come from CH to RT, but the other way around. Whenever I click on the top banner here - which actually says "The Heroes Round Table Forum Index" - I actually end up on the main CH page and I am logged out. Dunno if this helps identifying the problem?
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 13 Feb 2007, 23:57

Disregard the above.

I cleaned all my cookies, deleted the temporary internet files & restarted my PC. Now it seems to work - I went back & forth a few times (RT-CH) and wasn't kicked out anymore. :)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Feb 2007, 00:01

Zamolxis wrote:Disregard the above.

I cleaned all my cookies, deleted the temporary internet files & restarted my PC. Now it seems to work - I went back & forth a few times (RT-CH) and wasn't kicked out anymore. :)
Been back like a week and you are already causing trouble. Maybe Kalah needs to take you into the back room, along with a certain (dusty) blunt wooden object... :devious:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 14 Feb 2007, 00:03

So far... so good! I'm just glad it's back.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 14 Feb 2007, 00:20

Corribus wrote:
Zamolxis wrote:Disregard the above.

Been back like a week and you are already causing trouble. Maybe Kalah needs to take you into the back room, along with a certain (dusty) blunt wooden object... :devious:
I suppose I forgot to say "sorry for the trouble" in my previous post. :p

*watches over the shoulder just in case, to see if Kalah is around*

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 14 Feb 2007, 00:22

Yes, the forum is working even better than before!

:D

CH eternal!
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Feb 2007, 10:29

Today report (spam):

It's behaving just like yesterday. None errors, higher speed.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 14 Feb 2007, 16:02

It appears quite buggy; I keep ending back at the 'sorry, the forum is temporarily closed' page. So far I've reached that by attempting to log in and by clicking the 'get first unread post' button; not sure if there're other ways.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Feb 2007, 16:51

Will that occur even if you erase off-line content and cookies for the first time after the changing? :?

As I use Firefox 2, I settle to erase contents everytime I close the app. So, I'm always logging in and out, and nothing wrong seems to happen.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 14 Feb 2007, 18:06

Seems a little faster to me, and working fine so far too.

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 14 Feb 2007, 18:09

Banedon wrote:It appears quite buggy; I keep ending back at the 'sorry, the forum is temporarily closed' page. So far I've reached that by attempting to log in and by clicking the 'get first unread post' button; not sure if there're other ways.
Try erasing all of your cookies and temp pages. If that doesn't help then it just means that the domain hasn't propagated to your DNS servers, and the only solution is to wait until it does.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Feb 2007, 05:53

I'm having no problems and finding it faster than before, is nice!!!

a good change I think
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 15 Feb 2007, 22:58

Haven't had any problems anymore, and speed is faster than most forums I know. Voted "Excellent!..." :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 18 Feb 2007, 10:05

Couldn't vote until now because I was at home, where I have a dial-up on which anything is slow. But here, on more or less normal Internet, it seems to be faster, so I voted for the first option.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Feb 2007, 10:08

This site being faster may of course just be a optical illusion. Like when you watch a watch for a bit and note how slow the hands move. Then when you look away, and look back later, it seems more time has passed then should have. Optical illusion, but very effective one. Or it could really be faster ;)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2007, 13:23

Or it might be faster for crappier connections, but the same for the rest of us.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Feb 2007, 06:11

nope, definately faster ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Feb 2007, 16:13

Today, earlier, it went to a halt while loading the site, then it was unable to find the server. No other site had any problem.

But now, it seems just as like before.

Return to “Campfire”