Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Feb 2007, 20:12

Sauron wrote:
BrennusWhiskey wrote:Maybe u can make it to possibility recruit other creatures in castles (like troglodytes or trolls) ?
Only if they replace existing units. Unless Lost and Dalai know more.
I know in Preserve Towns it is possible to build dwellings and recruit all of the creatures that can have dwellings in the city without crashing the game. That is, you can have Faerie Dragons and Phoenix, Unicorns and Griffins and so on exceeding the six creature types that are displayed for purchase. You must purchase the unseen creatures by clicking on there dwelling. You do this in any of the other cities and it sets up a game crash when you purchase the unseen creatures. Obviously there is something different about the code for the Preserve. It would be nice if all cities were changed to support the ability to exceed the six creature types. If that can be done, it might then be possible to add in some of these other creatures into their aligned towns. But let’s not delay 3.6 any longer for anything not already approaching completion. Dalai has hinted at a version 3.7, so let all of these new or unstarted features wait for that one. I like many grow impatient, despite understanding real world pressure facing the Equilbris team. :oex:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 25 Feb 2007, 13:52

here was my idea for a lich:

stamina: 95
damages: 14 - 22
attack : 25
defense: 24
speed: 5
movement in battle: 6
mana: 24
shots: infinite
growth: 3
cost: 1100

special habilities: shooter, infinite ammo, undead, spell caster (magic drain, animate dead (24 or 20 Hp), poison(6 or 5 damages), steal enchantment, and if you have at least 15 in a stack: plague)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Feb 2007, 14:30

Crusard wrote:Have you ever played the, uh, pirates campaign from the original H4?
In the last scenario one of your main heroes (my most powerful one, in my case :disagree:) turns into your enemy. I guess this proves that it can be done to assign a change owner script :)
That would be Peter Girly if I am not mistaken, and as I recall he did the color change at the start of a new map, so the carryover hero just started with the opponents color, not color change after the map started. Carryover heroes can be assigned any color and are not restricted to the starting color of the hero, but I know you were aware of that.;)

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 25 Feb 2007, 16:43

I'm sure this would very much change things, but it would be good if you could make it so armies take damage from fear, representing them running away or surrendering.

This would depend on the present combat odds, tiny groups should flee rather than fight to the death, whatever the player or AI wishes.

This would be represented by taking casualties from being greatly outmatched, with modifiers based on morale.

-10 morale doubles the casualties, +10 eliminates the casualties completely.

Morale is after all a very important part of war, and army will not fight to the death against overwhelming odds, unless their morale is very high.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Valandil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Valandil » 26 Feb 2007, 12:16

Liches! yay! :-D

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 26 Feb 2007, 12:41

It seems liches will be a very strong creatures. What about some cardinalls for life or swamps cow for chaos to balancing:)?

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 27 Feb 2007, 17:25

oh, I mainly gave my idea because the lich seems to only be an improved cyclop, not that interesting to have 2 creatures who play the same.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Feb 2007, 19:28

Le_Faucheur wrote:oh, I mainly gave my idea because the lich seems to only be an improved cyclop, not that interesting to have 2 creatures who play the same.
Cyclops can poison and be affected by holy word?!

BTW, I think that liches should use standard nekromancer skin and Nekorums potrait while nekromancers get Tarkins model.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 28 Feb 2007, 03:01

Maybe give them a few spells, and take some hit points in return?
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 28 Feb 2007, 07:32

Sauron wrote:
Le_Faucheur wrote:oh, I mainly gave my idea because the lich seems to only be an improved cyclop, not that interesting to have 2 creatures who play the same.
Cyclops can poison and be affected by holy word?!
I agree that liches might not be that original... still they cannot be recruited from towns.
BTW, I think that liches should use standard nekromancer skin and Nekorums potrait while nekromancers get Tarkins model.
Totaly agree...

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 28 Feb 2007, 17:18

cyclops can't poison, that's why I say liches are like upgraded cyclops.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 02 Mar 2007, 16:41

I think Liches should be a spellcasting creature, that isn't that destructive in normal combat or shooting.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 03 Mar 2007, 10:56

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:I think Liches should be a spellcasting creature, that isn't that destructive in normal combat or shooting.
I agree. Also, only the best of spellcasters have the power to become liches. It would be logical.

BTW, one movie released and we alredy have so many enw posts in this subforum :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Mar 2007, 00:02

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:I think Liches should be a spellcasting creature, that isn't that destructive in normal combat or shooting.
Liches, in the might and magic universe have traditionally been a ranged attach creature as depicted in the movie. What they should or should not be is beside the point, this helps keep the M&M tradition alive.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 04 Mar 2007, 08:09

jeff wrote:Liches, in the might and magic universe have traditionally been a ranged attach creature as depicted in the movie. What they should or should not be is beside the point, this helps keep the M&M tradition alive.
They've been spellcasters in at least Might and Magic VI, VII and VIII (and I think Death Cloud is some form of dark magic). IMO, it would definitely not be beside the point if Liches could cast spells in Equilibris.
Last edited by Phobos on 04 Mar 2007, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 04 Mar 2007, 09:17

jeff wrote: Liches, in the might and magic universe have traditionally been a ranged attach creature as depicted in the movie. What they should or should not be is beside the point, this helps keep the M&M tradition alive.
In H5 they were both. I don't see a reason why they woudn't be now too.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Mar 2007, 18:52

Ok. meant they had the appearance of shoot from their staff.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 05 Mar 2007, 15:20

about better lich, maybe stay mass ranged attack, with curse spell as evil eyes (venom had enough poison....)
Last edited by pacobac on 08 Mar 2007, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 06 Mar 2007, 16:48

They can cast random death spells...
And about creatures...
maybe is possible to make random generator for dwelling creatures in town,
for example in death u could get devils, bone dragons or dark champions (as a capability for mapmakers :D )

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 08 Mar 2007, 12:07

Liches, in the might and magic universe have traditionally been a ranged attach creature as depicted in the movie. What they should or should not be is beside the point, this helps keep the M&M tradition alive.
They can be casters of ranged spells.

But when magic doesn't work or has run out, Liches should be pretty weak and only be able to fight in close combat.

They should perhaps have magic resistance aswell.

Return to “Equilibris”