About bone dragons & wights

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Feb 2007, 04:03

I completely agree, Elvin!

I don't believe it is possible (excepting perhaps an XL map) to get any ultimate. And, as you say, mass slow can be countered easily with mass haste (to be fair, the opposite is also possible, so it balances out in the end :D).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Ufo234
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ufo234 » 24 Feb 2007, 10:04

well yes i never touch maps that are smaller than XL since i find it boring and thats why no mp usualy for me . i play against computer usualy. but yes u have a point in mp games u usualy wont get ultimate. and i agree that the cost should be lowered a lot since most of the maps u will not have enough resources to take advantage of the town's special : transformer ,u just wont have the cash to get the monters from other towns to transform into undead.
OTOH if u play small maps the transformer is yet completly useless even if the units would be cheap

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 25 Feb 2007, 00:39

Necromancy is a lot different with 2.1, in a good way. It plays much interestingly and fun. You may end up with a lot of Wraiths so I suggest you guys take that into account when coming up with improvements.

That said, I think enhancing Harm Touch to make it remove enchantments is an overkill, because that gives too much power to Necro at start. With the same logic making higher levels cheaper to build is an overkill as well.

Making Wraiths (not Wights) fly might be an idea I guess, and endowing Wights a handicapped Harm Touch ability so that they can use it only on levels 1-6... Just to make them more interesting...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 26 Feb 2007, 15:43

I agree about the flying idea. That would be a good thing. Instead of remove enchantments, what about an aura of fear to go with Harm Touch?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 26 Feb 2007, 23:26

Wouldn't be bad...but the Nightmares already have a Fright Aura... :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 27 Feb 2007, 13:48

wait , do some people really think necro town need some buffing ?
ok, but then just expect them to be banned from every mp games :disagree:
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 27 Feb 2007, 15:32

Who is talking about buffing something? the thread clearly states that bone dragons & wraiths must be cheaper, not stronger. If the people here wants to dream is other thing.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 27 Feb 2007, 18:20

The ideas here are to correct the overly expensive nature of bone dragons and wraiths. Some of the added abilities are the second route in correcting this via making their price worth it. I agree that simply making the price fit better with what they currently are is the best route to take, but some of these ideas are interesting in themselves...of course, I may be a bit biased on that account :devil:

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 28 Feb 2007, 05:24

lowering the cost without nerfing the creature would indeed be a buff, but if you d like to add some nifty capacities as well, just remove necromancy from the game alltogether ...
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 28 Feb 2007, 14:58

Actually, I don't think it is that necromancers have become overly powerful, but that the other towns should be brought up closer to their level. I think you'll find that a "buff" becomes so dependent on a certain point of view. :devious:

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 28 Feb 2007, 18:15

As people have said, Bone Dragons and Wights are rather underpowered, but, they need to be. If they increased their power than other units or abilities for the Necromancers would need to be nerfed. It is a shame that their other units are so strong and useful that their top two have to take the hit, but thats the way it is.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 28 Feb 2007, 18:18

well I do not find wigths underpowered.. once upgraded they are ok...
those dragons otoh I really hate... they seem like breaking apart every moment

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 28 Feb 2007, 20:54

I understand what you mean atma, but I'm not completely in agreement that "that's the way it has to be." Making some units almost worthless or not worth the price isn't the best way of balancing things necessarily. There are always more than one solution to a problem. If one faction is strong, why not make other factions stronger than make that faction weaker? I could live with the high costs if the creatures were closer to being on par with other high level units. True, this would "buff" them a bit (and I don't think anything major needs to change...maybe just something as simple as making wraiths flyers or increasing their speed by 2), but why not also buff other towns to make them not so weak, wherein this "buffing" only makes all creatures in a faction worthwhile getting rather than leaving some units not worth their salt? Isn't the goal of any game to make all creatures in it worth using, even if it is just as a guard for an archer or even as cannon fodder? Why have worthless units in a game? :gong:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”