Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Aug 2006, 10:21

I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

timagalant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby timagalant » 20 Aug 2006, 00:34

klaymen wrote:what about adding charge ability to some creatures? (I mean white tigers, nomads, nightmares andmaybe griffins) - they attack with running into enemy, so the charge isn't bad idea, is it?

and next - give to the pikemen some kind of "anti charge" ability - charged units will recieve much more damage running into a wall of long pikes
Nice idea. I like it.

And what about teleporting units (devils, earth elementals, and creatures with the Teleport spell) doing more damage when attacking from behind, because the defender doesn't see them coming?
Could only be activated from a certain range too.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Oct 2006, 07:49

timagalant wrote: And what about teleporting units (devils, earth elementals, and creatures with the Teleport spell) doing more damage when attacking from behind, because the defender doesn't see them coming?
Could only be activated from a certain range too.
While talking about this,how does facing affect damage anyway?I never figured it out in the original heroes why sometimes attacking from a certain angle gave more damage,but not always.

Also,can the MR gained by heroes leveling be changed?For example,if your MR is <15 it gives you +3 like it does now15<MR<30 gives you +2,30<MR<40 gives you +1,then it goes into fractions.But complete immunity should still be gained only by having GM MR.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Dec 2006, 21:12

Perhaps this was asked before, as this thread has gotten very long and I may well have missed it. Is it possible to add a change owner script to the carryover hero? If it is possible can/will you be doing it?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 12 Jan 2007, 10:20

I hope I'm not lost in translation. :)
What I understood from answer to this question by one of our teammembers, the carryover hero is placed on the next map as a hero, not as an army, and can not be assigned change owner script. (Hope it makes sence :))

If it is very important, we can ask programmers to dig here a bit deeper.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Jan 2007, 16:16

You have it right and I thought that would be the answer.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 23 Jan 2007, 00:15

Have you ever played the, uh, pirates campaign from the original H4?
In the last scenario one of your main heroes (my most powerful one, in my case :disagree:) turns into your enemy. I guess this proves that it can be done to assign a change owner script :)

ps: Can you believe it's been so much time since I played this game that I don't even remember the "pirates" actual faction name :P

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 23 Jan 2007, 12:04

Crusard wrote:Can you believe it's been so much time since I played this game that I don't even remember the "pirates" actual faction name :P
Shame on you! :-D

They are ... Orange! :D No, wait, they are ... Demonic! :devil: Or.... Chaos! :tired:
Ok, let them be Asylum. B-)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Chorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chorus » 25 Jan 2007, 06:23

Playing through the campaigns on EQ Champion, I found that I really liked AI heroes having the immortality potion cast on them before combat (except dispell, steal enchantment, etc. can really mess with this). However, I didn't like the endless neutral stacks, and the AI can sometimes pose a challenge on Advanced, which I play on now.

Can the AI heroes receive more pre-cast spells on them before the player fights them (if not immortality) on lower difficulty levels? Even if it's Dragon Strength or Hydra Health, that'd go a long way to making battles against the AI more exciting without unbalancing the game.

Similarly, I find that AI heroes on towers during seiges are way too easy to target and kill. Ironically, the player's hero benefits from LOS-blocking creatures while the AI is easily targetted. Can this be worked on? I think a resistance potion and a fire resistance potion would be a real big start towards making those tower AIs more formidable.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Jan 2007, 00:13

Having to manually cast endurance and pathfinding each turn is rather a bother, so it would be neat if some sort of auto-casting option existed. Would it be possible to implement it (with not too much effort, I don't want to put too much work on the programmers' shoulders)?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Aqarius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aqarius » 17 Feb 2007, 22:52

I just thought of something: if scripting new artifacts is complicated, can tokens be added? Tokens being artifacts with no abilities. For example, a feather, a piece of (specific)wood, a pelt, a coat, a necklace etc. Just miscellaneous items people could use for scripting.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 Feb 2007, 11:32

Aqarius wrote:I just thought of something: if scripting new artifacts is complicated, can tokens be added? Tokens being artifacts with no abilities. For example, a feather, a piece of (specific)wood, a pelt, a coat, a necklace etc. Just miscellaneous items people could use for scripting.
A great idea! I am sure that mapmakers would love those :D

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Feb 2007, 11:59

I'd like to see the AI use the trade option in allied play. In HoMM III, I loved how your computer ally would give you resources along the lines of 'I rub your back, you rub mine', but in HoMM IV the AI just ignores your generous contributions. :(
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 22 Feb 2007, 20:14

litle ideas to have beter barbarians, weak on equilibris multiplayer map.....

1...growing the ogremagy mana (5 to 10)
2...open all heroes in internal tavern (2000 gold)
3...possibly buying some scrolls in workshop

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 22 Feb 2007, 20:35

Just saw the new liches. Cool movie.

But why aren't they spellcasters?

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 23 Feb 2007, 17:16

I suggest simple solutions:
more new creatures (especially 2-3 lvl)
more new artifacts
BUT
good balancing is most important

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Feb 2007, 19:08

BrennusWhiskey wrote: more new creatures (especially 2-3 lvl)
We probably won't get any new creatures besides liches because Equi team can't make new models (liches use Baron von Tarkins model)
more new artifacts
We will surely get theme.
good balancing is most important
Well, this mod IS the ballance mod :)

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 24 Feb 2007, 09:28

Maybe u can make it to possibility recruit other creatures in castles (like troglodytes or trolls) ?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Feb 2007, 11:13

BrennusWhiskey wrote:Maybe u can make it to possibility recruit other creatures in castles (like troglodytes or trolls) ?
Only if they replace existing units. Unless Lost and Dalai know more.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 24 Feb 2007, 19:09

Woot! liches! :-D

Return to “Equilibris”