What's happening with WoG 3.59?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Re: It is possible to play WoG 3.59 in 2007?

Unread postby doom3d » 24 Jan 2007, 20:41

Khadras wrote:So i come back with my question. What is happening with the WoG Team? Did anyone work to the WoG 3.59 project right now? Or is a beautifull holiday for everybody? Slava is busy right now (december 2006)? Or he works on WoG 3.59?
Some more details: approx. 70 people are actually working on 3.59.
3do had a few hundred more people to develop H3, so it will take some time.
But there will be a WoG 3.59.
If you want to speed up things, feel free to join and work on it. ;)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 13 Feb 2007, 12:21

Beholder wrote:there is no ghost dwelling in WOG
Hey, this gives me an idea: wouldn't it be nice if mithril could turn abandoned mines into Ghost dwellings? :creative:

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 14 Feb 2007, 14:48

too powerfull IMO
Beholder

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 14 Feb 2007, 21:58

Beholder wrote:too powerfull IMO
???

IIRC correctly sometimes those mines even turn out to be Gold mines. What would you prefer: 1000 Gold/day or 5 Ghosts/week?

I don't actually remember now if Ghosts even have a growth rate (provided that there is no dwelling). But that can be of course tweaked to a balanced value.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Feb 2007, 08:02

Zamolxis wrote:IIRC correctly sometimes those mines even turn out to be Gold mines. What would you prefer: 1000 Gold/day or 5 Ghosts/week
You must not forgot that here are other scripts which will be working with. Most dangerous will be Accumulate dwelling creatures. Without it, it can block the balance of the map. Imagine your enemy AI :D like he is visiting your precious gold mines and turnning them into ghost dweelings.

Afaik it can be scripted already to blank objects I believe.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 15 Feb 2007, 22:25

That's true. Abandoned mine sounded like the perfect place for Ghosts, but it might complicate things... I didn't think of the AI on this, because I don't remember ever noticing it using mithril for this purpose (changing mine production).
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 17 Feb 2007, 07:49

Generally ghosts are very powerfull. Using only ghosts from one destroyed town I was able to grow them into 14 packs of 270000 each on a XL map, so you have to take this kind of stuff under consideration...
Beholder

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 18 Feb 2007, 20:05

Beholder wrote:Generally ghosts are very powerfull. Using only ghosts from one destroyed town I was able to grow them into 14 packs of 270000 each on a XL map, so you have to take this kind of stuff under consideration...
By 14 packs I suppose you mean 2 armies?...

Anyway, IIRC you can raise 1 Ghost per creature killed. That means you killed (whatever the size of the map) 14 x 270,000 = 3,780,000 creatures. Just how many months or what kind of customized map did you play to get there? And that's only provided none of your Ghosts ever got killed, which is hard to believe considering how weak they are. IMO, even on a map full of L1 creatures only, you'd still have to kill like 5 millions of them to raise such an army.

Are you sure you're not talking about H2 or sth? 'Cause in WoG I never managed to get more than a few thousands, and even then I gave them up when I realized I'm better off with some L1 recruitable creatures (same as week, but at least no morale penalty)

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 19 Feb 2007, 14:59

Zamolxis wrote:
Beholder wrote:Generally ghosts are very powerfull. Using only ghosts from one destroyed town I was able to grow them into 14 packs of 270000 each on a XL map, so you have to take this kind of stuff under consideration...
By 14 packs I suppose you mean 2 armies?...

Anyway, IIRC you can raise 1 Ghost per creature killed. That means you killed (whatever the size of the map) 14 x 270,000 = 3,780,000 creatures. Just how many months or what kind of customized map did you play to get there? And that's only provided none of your Ghosts ever got killed, which is hard to believe considering how weak they are. IMO, even on a map full of L1 creatures only, you'd still have to kill like 5 millions of them to raise such an army.

Are you sure you're not talking about H2 or sth? 'Cause in WoG I never managed to get more than a few thousands, and even then I gave them up when I realized I'm better off with some L1 recruitable creatures (same as week, but at least no morale penalty)
Since he said 14 stacks, I assume he used two non-allied forces and played around with clone. I think that if a ghost stack kills a clone stack, it still grows (based on damage done, I think, but I haven't personally tried this). Thus, you can grow ghosts very quickly- limited only by spell points available.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 19 Feb 2007, 15:44

Well, that's then just an artificially created situation, not really an unbalanced feature, so not sth to worry for normal scenarios. In that case, maybe half of the WoG features could turn into overpowered features, but that's no reason to reject them.

If, however, Ghosts can really be raised from other Ghosts, than a script should correct that. Normally we should be able to raise them from leaving creatures only. If that's implemented, with their 5 HP only, I believe a dwelling providing up to 10 Ghosts per week, will not affect the game ballance in any way.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 21 Feb 2007, 20:12

what exactly is this other project Slava is working on? some game :-D ?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Feb 2007, 20:17

Yes, it's a mobile game - Strategonia.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kitson2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kitson2 » 03 Mar 2007, 10:25

I wonder if those scripts are meant for the 3.59 version:
Sagamosa scripts
Royal Residence
Enhanced Arena
Architect
I was wondering too if Sagamosa's Advanced Levels & Adventure Spells scripts will be incorporated unto 3.59 as an option - some very good ideas in there. Any clues?

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 03 Mar 2007, 14:43

I hope too, that the Sagamosa package will be in official 3.59 as an option
- he's working on that. ;)

Hunter Killer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hunter Killer » 05 Mar 2007, 03:59

Anyone know where I can get Sagamosa's most up to date scripts? The package I got doesn't seem to be working right.
Not all drugs are good, some are...Great.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 11 Mar 2007, 18:57

Hunter Killer wrote:Anyone know where I can get Sagamosa's most up to date scripts? The package I got doesn't seem to be working right.
You will have it with 3.59, and not earlier.

obelisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk » 15 Mar 2007, 09:17

i say, forget all about mp. the most important mp type - hotseat - works with almost all scripts (i think some are disabled for ALL network battles). just do a job as good as possible on implementing sagamosa scripts and the few others sputnik mentioned on page 1 and fix some more bugs. I think it is all one could wish for, seeing as you don't even get paid for what you do.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 22 Mar 2007, 09:56

There will be at least 70 new option. I think, that all option could be MP ready, but we have a limited amount of time.. and tons of new ideas.
Just can't spare a little time to polish options that are working in SP. ;)
About implementation- ask Sagamosa for that. He used to work alone.

Supreme Archangel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Supreme Archangel » 30 Apr 2007, 15:07

Now is May 2007, along time ago from the WOG 3.58F Realease
I don't know why 3.59 come??? Maybe it cancelled (because I can't see any infomation about it, only "it come soon, may be this year or more.." :S :S :S

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby doom3d » 30 Apr 2007, 17:44

Supreme Archangel wrote:Now is May 2007, along time ago from the WOG 3.58F Realease
I don't know why 3.59 come??? Maybe it cancelled (because I can't see any infomation about it, only "it come soon, may be this year or more.." :S :S :S
3.59 will come out when ..
- The executable will be ready,
- at least one new Town ready, and
- most important new scripts are finished

Right now Slava don't spend time on 3.59 executable, so we can't add new towns. Some new town projects are around 80%, but not ready.
This is a key point, we don't want to release 3.59 alfa, without any new town.
Do You know a skilled programmer who wants to work 4 hours a day for free on H3? I don't. Slava will return on some day. I hope so.

The Sagamosa package is not ready,. Caravans isn't ready.. Right now we have only ~60 new options, lots of them are not 3.58 compatible..
Until 3.59 comes out, try to find some 3.58 mods. QS, New Upgrades, or my WoGmod. (new version will come out in a few days) l;)

Return to “Wake of Gods”