Town you least like to play

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Town you least like to play

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Jan 2007, 08:53

As an alternative to the worst poll I am asking the town(s) you just don't like to play. Please post why you don't like them if possible. Please refrain from attacking other's pick, even if it is your favorite town. Instead just post why you enjoy that town, and why you dislike another town.

There are only two I don't enjoy playing. Academy (though I love the magic of the town), because I just can not seem to get the strategy down to play them correctly....

Necropolipse - Just because their units are a bit bland in the aestetics department. I know a poor reason, but a reason nonetheless.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

val-gaav
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Town you least like to play

Unread postby val-gaav » 24 Jan 2007, 09:26

Well there is only one town I do not LIKE to play and it's academy .... It just does not belong well to heroes5 with the one race theme .... Academy is a gathering of random creatures, and it makes one wonder why those all creatures live with mages in one town ....

It would be so much better if we geot more then one human unit in this town .... Even one more would be enough ! I myself would get rid of gremlins, because IMHO it's the one that do not belong to this town and is tottaly out of place...

That said I do not think Academy is the worst town .... I just do not like how it was done ....

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 24 Jan 2007, 09:43

I did not vote in that poll because I did not think there are weak towns but I will answer in this one because I have preferencies... and I think I will sort towns from the one I like the most to the ones I don't like:

Dungeon - my favorite. Liked this town ever since Heroes 1(along with Haven). I like dealing great damage with my hero and having strong creatures that can be empowered and enraged into battle....

Haven - my second favorite in H5. I love the really strong units that can be furthermore strengthened into destroying everything.

Academy - I like the magic output and versatility of the spells. Plus the 6 and 7 lvl units rock... I don't like the other units though...

Necropolis - I like weakening your enemy till he just stands still and dies. I don't like the skelly archers and the way necromancy works. I prefered it in H4. Bone dragons suck.

Inferno - it is overall good but it does not fit my gamestyle. I do not like the devils and pitlords, nor the weak begining(except deleb). I think this town can be improved

Sylvan - I do not like these guys. I mean they are an assault race(due to their init) but their hero has defense and knowledge. I mean they are much like dungeon, but I think dungeon does a much better job at it. oh and they die very easily while not dealing too much dmg... i hate that...

Fortress - fat dwarves with large weapons... what's there to like. Lack of originality(they have pretty much the same creature set as Haven), another dragon, runes which fit better with wizard. If anything dwarves should be a might race, not a high magic one. They die pretty fast, although in the hands of the AI they are pretty strong. My least favorite...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 24 Jan 2007, 13:27

Quite clearly Dungeon. I hate relying so much on the hero, especially since Dungeon's other units are quite incapable of winning a significant proportion of battles without incurring losses to key creatures.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 24 Jan 2007, 13:32

Fortress. The units are dull and weak on their own, which I really dislike.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 24 Jan 2007, 13:52

After thinking long and hard:

Probably Haven because "good play" seems to include leaving units willingly out of your army or not building them in the first place or at least not building the upgrade.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Jan 2007, 19:11

I admit it's haven followed by inferno. Somehow I prefer the gameplay of the others:
Academy: Still my favourite for interesting combinations of magic, creatures and artifacts. Very fun!
The same can be said for fortress. There are many creative things to do with the runes and the creature lineup requires you to use unconventional strategies! :)
Sylvan has this beautiful town and great potential though resource costs and inability to upg hunters early hurts them. And they rely on luck! :hoo
Dungeon for interesting creeping and the various successful skill combinations. Just the fact that your hero can win the battle with careful selection of destructive spells turns me on! :D
Finally necropolis for their cursing potential and harvesting! :devil: I loved gathering skeletons in previous heroes and still do. Their creatures aren't as they used to be due to ranged skellies but I still love the powerful wraiths(been hoping for a tier 6 wraith since H4) and vampire lords with swords at last.

Come to think of it I have taken an interest in the dwarves lately and they could end up dethroning academy :) Maybe.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 24 Jan 2007, 21:03

Academy! Definitely!!
Been my fav since heroes 3, Heroes 2 (That I got Later), and now in heroes 5 also. (In heroes 4 I don't Like them as much, maybe because of how the units looks)
I Love having lots of magic! All The might faction always seemed so boring to me. U can only fight physically, What's the fun? Where's the diffrence from the real world?
Anyway, Academy 4 me! Rakshasa and Naga forever!!!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Jan 2007, 21:16

Please refrain from attacking other's pick, even if it is your favorite town.
This wouldn't have anything to do with the minor Sylvan argument that brewed up in the other thread, would it? :devious:
I'll be nice this time. ;)

hahaha. Well, my favorite town is definitely Sylvan. They have the highest initiative of any race, they are Elves (I love Elves!), and just rock with those obscene Luck bonuses they get.

My least favorite is Academy. I think that the mini-artifact concept is cool (one of the coolest racials, IMO) but the actual implementation is poor (it takes too long to get a decent set of artifacts because of resource constraints). Also, their unit hierachy is...well...odd (hard to explain, Djinns can't take a hit, but do killer damage, Rakshasas are really hard to build up to...Mages hurt but are flimsy...like I said...odd.)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Jan 2007, 21:30

Let's not forget that the original question is what town you least like to play.

Elvin seems to like every town. Which one would you rather not get on a random town selection.

For me, I rarely play with Sylvan, but I'd have to say my least favorite is inferno to play. I like the faction, but gating while being a great ability is a little bit tedious and they have only one shooter, in addition to immobile level 6 and 7 units, it's just not that much fun.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 25 Jan 2007, 00:32

I rarely play the Necros. The buildings and creatures are less appealing and interesting than the other factions and every Necro game seems to go the same way.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 25 Jan 2007, 07:32

I cant stand to play inferno for one I cant stand looking at a bunch of burning creatures, now if they had some ice of lightning based ones... Two I hate having only one ranged unit no matter awesome they are. My other least used is haven one I always get screwed spellwise two theres to many humans.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 16 Feb 2007, 16:37

Sadly, my one time favorite throughout most of the series became my least favorite...Academy. While the racial special is cool, I can't stand the aesthetics nor the odd creature types...the Djinn that can't take a hit, the Mage that do good damage but are rather flimsy...too much for me to dislike. The Dwarven town presents interesting possibilities...except for the units, it is more like what i thought the Academy would be like. And obviously, I have since converted to the dark side...the Necro. I don't mind most of the other towns.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Feb 2007, 16:53

eeuh my heroes 3 favorite was stronghold (I rock(ed) with them)

my heroes 5 favorite I just don't know, I've played all and like all styles for some reason I can't choose a main, but if I had to choose it would be renegades, yes renegades, I'm one of those few that uses the renegade mod switching all haven upgrades to renegade troops

the most anoyying has to be necropolis, it has the most ugly fortess and very anoyying musik
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 16 Feb 2007, 19:30

For me, it would have to be Inferno. I love to have shooters early to try and take out neutrals without any losses and unfortunately you don't get one until Tier 4.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Feb 2007, 19:39

That's an odd choice looking at your nickname King Imp :)

Anyway, my least favorite town has got to be Academy. I don't really like their theme/concept, but I don't know, as I liked the town in H2 but that changed soon enough with the sequels.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 17 Feb 2007, 05:15

Infiltrator wrote: That's an odd choice looking at your nickname King Imp :)

Actually, it's because my last name starts with Imp, so it was a natural screen name for a Heroes forum. If my name started with Gar I might be King Gargoyle instead. :D

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 17 Feb 2007, 18:42

[quote="King Imp"]For me, it would have to be Inferno. I love to have shooters early to try and take out neutrals without any losses and unfortunately you don't get one until Tier 4.[/quote]

yeah and unfortunaly there is no way to quickbuild them :-\
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Zwierz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zwierz » 18 Feb 2007, 15:36

I'm a bit sick of elvs of any kind so no sylvan or dungeon for me.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 18 Feb 2007, 19:53

Heresy!!! Elves forever!!

I told Mytical I wasn't going to flame in this thread...darn...

Ignore what I just said above (in the normal-sized font). :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Heroes V-VI”