Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 24 Jan 2006, 15:29

Hmm, was there an artifact that prevented your units from mind-affecting spells?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jan 2006, 16:08

Yes,the mind shield.And it also negated the effects of the crown of enchantment.Funny though that both are in the same class.Maybe the mind shield should be a class higher.Or the two could just cancel each other out.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 24 Jan 2006, 21:32

Crusard wrote:
chaos- +50% efectivness to chaos spells
order- +33% to evectiveness to order spells, order spells cost 33% less
death- +50% efectiveness to death spells, death spells cost 33% less
nature- +25% to efectiveness to nature spells, nature spells cost 33% less
life- +50% to all life spells (not 100% only to healing), +20% resurection

Staff of Power- +33% to efectiveness of all spells, all spells cost 33% less
It would be good for balance, but what you suggest is pretty much making them the same (Magic efficiancy). Though you're probably right it's unfair that some are more useful than others.
Exactly. I suppose making them equal (in efectivness for current magic school) and balanced in usefullness wouldn't be difficuly. But mabye the case is whether they should be minor or major, so how much bonus should the give :)
Crusard wrote: Well, mapmakers (well, me, at least) don't only use relics as grail artifacts. They may be part of the story, or prize for a quest. So making them so much powerful isn't a good idea in my opinion.
Well, as for me the prize for quests I usually make majors in editor, as well as for the story. They're good enough IMO for normaly aquired artifact. Once more, relics are bound with oracles, and I like using it to make the map more interesting.
If relics would be stronger mapmakers would automaticaly use majors which aren't much worse (normally), letting relict be found in oracles
Crusard wrote: Now this is a great idea. These kind of tomes can be VERY useless. What I'd prefer, however, would be something like this:
1lev
1+2lev
2+3lev
3+4lev
4+5lev for AmC
Otherwise it would be a bit too much.
Well, your idea is very good. Mabye you're right that my suggestion could be a bit overpowered, but on the other hand they would act like ex. tomes of order and chaos, and even for GM could only give max. 3lev for the ...compedium

I suppose other forum members should give their opinion about this idea
Crusard wrote: The scythe sounds very powerful... yet appropiate for a relic/major artifact. I'd like to hear more opinions...
hmm, mabye hand of death with permament power of 1 unit for hero 1-20 (or 10-20?), 2 for hero 21-35, 3 for 36-45, 4 for 46-50, and 5 for hero lev50+

moreover, it would be spell ability, so units with magic resistance or death ward would have chance to resist the death attack...

what do you think?

in reply to russianspy5727:

I'd say berserk isn't overpowered spell, and personally I'm agains the idea of the LoS panalty. It's undoubtedly weaker than hypnotise, we don't controll the unit, we won't have sure which target it'll attack in tight formation and cannot use it's abilities. Furthermore it lasts only 1 turn, so making it LoS would only weaken 4th level Order spells (there are only 4 to choose)
As for hypnotise, 3 turns with LoS is ideal solution. It's very good spell, but not a game breaker. Additionally, Order hasn't got many other super-powerfull spells.

As for mind shield and crown of enchantement, it's not so bad that they're in the same class. They affect casting Mind Spells which affect some order and some death(?) spellsand none of them is better than other one.

russianspy5727
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby russianspy5727 » 24 Jan 2006, 22:33

whats LoS? and I also wanted to see your opinion on Robe of the Guardian moved up to a relic, because that is an insane artifiact to come across (gives heroe immunity from first 3 hits)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 00:28

Crusard wrote: Now this is a great idea. These kind of tomes can be VERY useless. What I'd prefer, however, would be something like this:
1lev
1+2lev
2+3lev
3+4lev
4+5lev for AmC
Yes,this sounds like an excelent solution,and not too powerful at all.
Black Ghost wrote:Scythe of hades- 2 hands, +10 melee attack to the hero, No Retaliation, always kills (devourin or Hand of Death depend of the level of the hero)
I like that scythe!Escpecially because Ive suggested it to be a power for a creature ones.It could be 1 creature for every 10(or maybe 15 is better)levels of hero.Also,assasin could ad one creature to this(maybe lich would be better than assassin here).

If it is possible,the scythe could act like this:It always kills creatures,and never damages them.It could kill number of creatures equal to (damage/single creature HP) rounded up.Basically,it would be like a normal attack,but the last creature in stack that receives damage would die as well.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 25 Jan 2006, 20:29

russianspy5727 wrote:whats LoS?
LoS means the Line of Sight, so it is a necessary to see the target to cast the spell (simmilar to ranged attacks, the target must be in the line of sight)
russianspy5727 wrote: and I also wanted to see your opinion on Robe of the Guardian moved up to a relic, because that is an insane artifiact to come across (gives heroe immunity from first 3 hits)
insane is a heavy word for that :)
It is really good, but I suppose there would be too much relics.
Interesting is that the medusa's stone gaze and s.monster's devouring ignore that effect :D
I must also check the reflected dmg from efreet fire shield and pain mirror...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jan 2006, 02:56

Black Ghost wrote: It is really good, but I suppose there would be too much relics.
Interesting is that the medusa's stone gaze and s.monster's devouring ignore that effect :D
I think that medusas gaze is prevented by it,since it acts like a spell.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Jan 2006, 12:00

Black Ghostinsane wrote: is a heavy word for that :)
It is really good, but I suppose there would be too much relics.
It is not important how many relics there are. Players can't get theme unless the mapmaker decides otherwise. IMO, the Robe of the Guardian is too powerful to be a Major, so it would be better that it becomes a relic and ballance the game so that it doesn't appear on major marker and destroy the mapmakers devillish plans.
Last edited by Anonymous on 30 Jan 2006, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Jan 2006, 16:10

Mage's Robe is a minor artifact, as far as I know. ;|

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 26 Jan 2006, 19:55

Sauron wrote: IMO, the Mage's robe is too powerful to be a Major,
Crusard's right. Mage Robe is minor artifact ;)

As for:
Sauron wrote: so it would be better that it becomes a relic and ballance the game so that it doesn't appear on major marker and destroy the mapmakers devillish plans.
Please, clarify in which way does the Guardian Robe imbalance the game and destroy the mapmakers devillish plans :D

And secondly, what are mapmakers devilish plans?

so many questions without answers... :-D

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Jan 2006, 20:43

Oh, and in case you didn't know, map makers can disable any artifact if they want to :D

russianspy5727
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby russianspy5727 » 28 Jan 2006, 00:49

hey I was talking about the robe of guardians being to powerful for a major artifact, not the crappy mage's robe that give -1 spell points for each spell

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 30 Jan 2006, 19:40

russianspy5727 wrote:hey I was talking about the robe of guardians being to powerful for a major artifact, not the crappy mage's robe that give -1 spell points for each spell
Sorry, my mistake. I accidently wrote the wrong name. Foolish me :P
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 01 Feb 2006, 18:08

robe of guardian is good major but not so powerful (fire shield, large attack weapon, death hand, double attack destroy it fast.........)

but ring of permanency need to become relic, maybe the best artifact in this game !!!!

the best evolution you can do, dream team is supressing the hosting advantage about flee, hoster and joiner lost moove when heroes flee, other problem about turn by turn is the joiner gain money, mana, health, each turn .......not easy problem.......

i think town portal is too big spell (on multi player game), maybe beter on level 5, and miror attack become level 4........

on equilibris barbarians are weack, you need increase them power.....
best magic resistance guild (20% on each castle), best store (more items, some scroll, expert magick scroll), a new structure give other might skill.........

sorry for my bad english, i'm just french player from ARCHANGELCASTLE........

russianspy5727
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby russianspy5727 » 01 Feb 2006, 21:28

no, ring of permancy is good where it is in my opinion, if your playing against someone other than death or order its useless.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 02 Feb 2006, 16:28

hi guys,my first post here

some questions to the Equiteam

1-could the LoS of some flagable structures be increased??

2-could all the heroes in battlefield start with a default damage immunity?(maybe using an individual modification of sanctuary spell?) and only can be broken by heroes attacks -but not by spells, quess is possible since sanct is a spell but have a condition to be casted even if the caster is "sanctuered"-, so we have a option to have heroes fighting or not, also by that we should remake the "victory conditions" to all the active heroes and creatures were killed

3-could all the creatures in the town been recutable???, that idea could be done in different ways, like

-to have all the structures aviable but placed in different positions
-to have all the creatures aviable , like 2 in each structure, with independent growth lower growth per monster, and/or a growth equilibrated condition, i mean if monster A have 4 growth, and B have 2 growth, then u can recruit

-2 Bs
-4 As
-1Bs and 2As

that could work better with more heroes slots, could also been special heroes slots and creature slosts, i mean to limit the quantity of heroes in an army maybe 3-2 per army and more slots to creatures , maybe 8, guess that the battlefield is big enought to that increase

4- could the 1-2-3 level monsters stats would be boosted or at least increase the growth and reduce the cost of low level creatures

btw i love the champions in H4, would be nice if it have a special spell, maybe mirth or maybe that for the crusaders, or maybe the crusaders have a high moral ability (constant maybe in 6-7 and upper, and cannot be decreased)?, and monks could spell holy word?? -with holy word power decreased and monks stats somewhat decreased-, also holy word could be used against all the factions less live, but it have a special bonus against death

some spells can be done as individual spells like prayer??

to make ur live more easy , how can i mode the game, i mean how can i open the code??

thx in advance

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 02 Feb 2006, 18:27

1) Maybe, I'm not sure. You mean expanding the range for all structures or any in particular?

2) I'm not sure what you say, but this would change the game dramatically. Also, I'm aftaid it's not possible anyway.

3) Well, you seem to be a H3 fan :D. You can make them recruitable via a "Build Structure" script. And again, this changes the Heroes4 structure.

4) About more skills, well I don't think champons should have that spell, who would use it anyway, since they're commanding a top-level creature :P

Same with the monks, they would make more damage normally than with the Holy Word spell. Though if the spell power could be increased, it would be ok.

And about modding, well there's this thing called Assembler or something, you can ask Dalai or Lost, but it's probably more complex than you'd think to mess with the game code :creative:

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 02 Feb 2006, 22:04

yeah, maybe the champions idea is useless

but i think that a base moral that canot be decreased (maybe 5) for the crusaders is a good idea, u have a unit with a skill that is a high medium base moral

the holy word in monks should be nice specially against death, since is a spell that dont need line of sight

what i try to do with the cambat "default sanctuary" in heroes is the posibility to avoid the combat skills as a must to survive in battles, u have heroes that can attack as H4 and other heroes that only stay there casting or using tactics as H3 withou the fear of a fast death

always to recruit more creatures is a nice idea, u have the posibility in H4, we can exploit that, also could be a nice idea to increase the slots per army

obviously all that could be as options, but i guess that these ideas will improve the H4 gameplay, and actually "atract" some H3 fans

im a H3 AND H4 "fan" i love both games

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 03 Feb 2006, 16:33

DaemianLucifer wrote: I like that scythe!Escpecially because Ive suggested it to be a power for a creature ones.It could be 1 creature for every 10(or maybe 15 is better)levels of hero.Also,assasin could ad one creature to this(maybe lich would be better than assassin here).
This led me to think about increasing bonus for current class hero when he's using some artifact. Ex:
Lord commander with helm of command would give additional +1 morale

But mabye its crazy idea, i don't know...

As for the Monks casting "holy word", I'd like the idea of giving monks spellcaster ability. And as for the spells it might be "exorcism" and "bind wound" (much useful than holy word, but not too powerful for monks like "bless"). Mana points 5.
What do you think about it?

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 03 Feb 2006, 18:53

But mabye its crazy idea, i don't know...
No it's not :D, hmmm...

About the monks being able to cast spells... it sorta makes them similar to the H5's inquisitor/cleric. Let's hear more opinions about this...

Return to “Equilibris”