Worst race in Heroes 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which race do you look at and think 'hahaha it's week 1 day 1 GG!'

Haven
11%
Sylvan
9%
Inferno
33%
Academy
31%
Necropolis
9%
Fortress
6%

Total votes: 54

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Worst race in Heroes 5

Unread postby Banedon » 18 Jan 2007, 12:51

I personally find Dungeon the weakest town followed by Sylvan. After those two things go into a bit of flux (I don't have sufficient experience with Inferno, just lots of theory) and I can't be sure anymore. I can't judge Fortress since I don't have HoF.

What about everyone else?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 18 Jan 2007, 13:18

Well, I can't even make a guess here, because there are too many parameters that influence things and there is no way to analyze probabilities of certain map situations and hero configurations.
Necro, for example, may start a bit slow when their starter stacks are mostly Skeleton (Archer)s, Zombies or Gargoyles, because they may not scrap together those dearly needed Skellys to clear the mines. It may get worse when the first level 3s you see are Ghosts and Golems or when you face many neutral stacks which are mostly unusable. From a probability point of view the inclusion of the addon makes things better for the Necro because the chances to get useless monster to kill has become smaller.

I'd say there is no such thing as a weakest town as such and per se. Since it is definite that Training and Necromancy will be capped in 2.1 and 1.5 I even think it will become different to find a strongest town.

RK
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RK » 18 Jan 2007, 13:56

.... :|

*never minds*

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Jan 2007, 14:09

I used to think the Heroes IV Sylvan was weak until I defeated my friend's larger Academy army with summoning. So I won't try to make the same call for Heroes V.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 18 Jan 2007, 14:29

I would probably say that Academy feels like the weakest faction but then again someone comes up with a genius idea that in fact it's the best faction. Still, I will stick to Academy.

insatiable
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby insatiable » 18 Jan 2007, 16:47

depends on map
academy is unbeatable in a rich map and super beatable in a poor

Each town is top7
If they put a knife on my neck and force me to choose weakest, i would say Haven and Inferno

Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 18 Jan 2007, 17:53

Haven. Since Training is considered to be the Knight's primary special ability and not Counterstrike, they have some serious Hero problems . There are no Knight skills that make me think "That will help me get through the first couple of weeks".

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 18 Jan 2007, 18:25

I won't vote, there is no such thing as a weakest race... just weak players :devil:

if the question would have been the strongest race... I would have answered differently :p

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 18 Jan 2007, 19:25

academy, for obvious Jiins reasons, and not academy is never unbeatable, especially not in ressource rich maps ( haven advantage here )
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 18 Jan 2007, 21:14

I dont find any of the towns as the weakest, which is good :)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Jan 2007, 23:02

Is this about the looks and concept of a particular race, or about which town is actually the weakest, might 'n' magic - wise?

If it's about the first, I'd easily go with Fortress and Dungeon. The second would be a real toughie, though.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

AllanPoe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AllanPoe » 18 Jan 2007, 23:47

If you practice playing for different towns, you'll realize that it's very hard to say which one is the weakest because everything depends too much on external factors - the map layout, neutrals race, your own skills in handling a particular army and so on.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 19 Jan 2007, 01:31

I think the hardest race to play with (and hence, IMO, the worst...is the Academy).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 19 Jan 2007, 02:21

For astetics (looks), Necropolipse.

For difficulty playing : Academy

For having one blasted range unit : Inferno

For sheer boredom - Haven (seems for haven if you basically play the same EVERY time you do great).

For having the lowest creature production - Dungeon.

I voted Necropolipse but I could have easily voted for any of the others for one reason or another. I don't think there is a weakest race (even Academy can be killer) but there deffinately is an ugliest. Necropolipse has the ugliest all wrapped up and the others are at best a distant 2nd.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 Jan 2007, 02:24

Mytical wrote:
For having one blasted range unit : Inferno
Good one Mytical. That bugs me every time...brings us back to the days of heroes II when the knight only had rangers as a shooting unit. And no flyers.

aulfgar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby aulfgar » 19 Jan 2007, 07:22

I think all of the towns are relatively balanced. The twon I like playing the least is Haven though... its just so boring.

Dungeon is not weak, it is a massivly nasty force on either side of the battle field. However Dungeon is really an endgame type Army like Academy, if you let them build up they will be very nasty but if you attack early you can often win early too.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

e^(pi*i) -1=0

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 19 Jan 2007, 08:38

Gee, people seem to have an obsession with ranged units.
I think it's a lot more fun to cripple or neutralize the opposing shooters and massacre them hand-to-hand than to kill them boringly, unpersonnally out of a distance. :)
If you are Inferno, that is. Probably nothing like a little maiming to lighten up an otherwise boring day.Ah, well, except maybe seen from the pov of those oh so subtle Succubi.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Jan 2007, 10:22

Jolly Joker wrote: I think it's a lot more fun to cripple or neutralize the opposing shooters and massacre them hand-to-hand than to kill them boringly, unpersonnally out of a distance. :)
I wholeheartedly agree! For instance the image of warlords using rune of battlerage, attacking three or more units while the lightning rushes through them all each time is a very pleasing spectacle. :devil: No wonder I prefer melee classes in rpgs! :D

As a weakest faction maybe academy for now. An inferno with a frontal assault can outmaneuer it, haven still has crazy marksmen stacks, dungeon is quite good with artifact enhaning spells or not, sylvan has avenger which is overlooked and can cause havoc later in the game and necros which either early or late game they have a good stack of skellies. Maybe oversimplicated but my experience tells me academy is a bit inferior. It requires a successful MMR early or time to build up and make many-attribute arties. Which you'll have to change every little while to adjust to your enemies. Sylvan must change avenger too but it can manage better.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 19 Jan 2007, 10:40

Well as I said, Haven Training and Skelly gathering has been changed for 2.1/1.5 - and rather effectively I may add. For Haven there will be a weekly limit of possible training upgrades. The basic Training Grounds will allow only 7 training upgrades per week which is effectively killing the chance to use the initial starting money to train an army of marksmen. The Hall of Heroes will add to that limit - a good deal, but not overpoweringly (I think, at least).
The same is true for Necro. You won't be able to raise as much Skeletons as you like anymore, since your raising capacity will have a weekly limit. While that limit depends on Hero level, dwellings and so on it will be impossible to exceed a certain maximum, so that there won't be any insane skeleton gathering anymore. You could say that Skeletons got a maximum growth now, NOT depending on map size, stack sizes and so on which is a good thing, at least that's what I think.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 19 Jan 2007, 11:00

Sounds a little better.... still the balance relies on numbers mostly. Anyway, necro without their archers are pretty weak, so I hope the nerf isn't too strong...
when will we get the patch?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”