Game: Caladont

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 16 Jan 2007, 14:32

humble
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Jan 2007, 15:57

Let's see if I can increase my score a bit. :-D

bleachers (those cheap seats at a spectator sport.)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 16 Jan 2007, 19:32

erst

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 16 Jan 2007, 22:38

statistics
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Jan 2007, 00:20

bah! :mad:

csabai

and here for more on it http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=csabai&meta=
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2007, 00:29

ailment
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 17 Jan 2007, 02:06

Menthol - flavor in cigarettes.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jan 2007, 10:44

Hold

your fire.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Jan 2007, 10:52

holdup (though it can also be used Hold Up, holdup is a ligitimate word according to websters (the book not the website)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jan 2007, 10:57

Mytical wrote:(though it can also be used Hold Up, holdup is a ligitimate word according to websters (the book not the website)
Ok, no rules have been broken. :tongue: You're right as long as you're not wrong. *insert another disturbed smile here*

I'll summarize the rules again for those who want to start. Any modifications I find somewhere, I'll edit right after that:

1) You need to create a word that starts with at least two last letters of the previous word (example hat -> attractive).

2) The order of the letters should not be changed (morning -> ingenious is ok, but ignite isn't).

3) You must add at least one letter (so hat -> at is a nono), never take out letters.

4) You can use more than just two last letters, and it gives you additional points (example:cape -> apes gives you 3 points, while pea gives you just 2).

5) Proper nouns (nouns that label a specific thing or person like Earth, Microsoft, Belgium, Ronaldinho (:cry:), etc.), and non-english words are not allowed and so are abbreviations, although those non-English words used in spoken and written English may be used, e.g. "vis-a-vis".

6)A single word cannot be repeated twice in the same round (a word is considered repeated even if you post a plural of it, but singular was posted earlier).

7) A word cannot be strongly tied with the previous word (its meaning has to completely differ from all of the previous words menings) if its used whole (so adding a suffix ly, ing, ed or any of those, isn't allowed, turning a verb into a noun, or similar is also not allowed).

8) For each letter of the previous word you use, you get one point. If you use the whole previous word in the new word, you get five extra points(example:mist -> mistaken gives you 9 points, not 4).

9)The round ends when there are no words that can be posted. The one that ends the round gets - 5 points (so that users are encouraged to prolong the game).

10) The one with the most points at the end of the round starts the new round and win a virtual candy. In the case of a tie, the one with the lowest number of words wins. If it ties again, the following subjects will be used: older member :tongue:, nose size, daily water consumption, smile use :rolleyes:.

11) You cannot post two words without at least 5 other members' posts between them.

12) If you mispel the word, you are awarded - 1 points. If you do that again, -2. If you keep doing that, we'll lend you a dictionary entitled Bogus.

13) If someone breaks a rule, he is penalized with one point. When five penalties are issued, the round ends, and everyone dies (why is this Chuck Norris's quote doing here...?).

Er, ok, if someone has any observation about the rules, could you just tell me? :cry: I was going to look over any changing in the course of the game, but there are more than 160 to go through, and I'm at work. :D Panda at work. :D In Blue, some addictions. But just one or two really matters. If players don't agree with the addictions, I'll delete them.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 17 Jan 2007, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Jan 2007, 11:19

Should be clear, I don't know if the online one uses it or not. Prefer the old fashion way (ie hand held book).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 17 Jan 2007, 12:52

I've got a copy of Webster's New World Dictionary at hand. Even those who speak English as a 2nd language normally HAVE English dictionaries, even if they are the kind to translate English to their native language.

*** Note - My word "Caldron" was called by Tar as the more common spelling is "Cauldron". Normally, my spelling is SO bad that everyone assumes I got it wrong. ;|

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jan 2007, 13:15

ScarlettP wrote:*** Note - My word "Caldron" was called by Tar as the more common spelling is "Cauldron". Normally, my spelling is SO bad that everyone assumes I got it wrong. ;|
Well, that was not what I wanted to mean. :) It's because I have never seen that word just like a buch of others around here. But at that time, I couldn't find that one. :D And I'm often making silly questions as well. Some answers I would find just by reading more carefully other posts or just by searching at Google. :proud: Hum, I'm not proud of it *unproud smile here*, but I don't do that for harm. :D

Ok, back to game! Next! Next!

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 17 Jan 2007, 15:39

I propose we close this thread in honor of its host, DeamianLucifer

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Jan 2007, 17:34

okrane wrote:I propose we close this thread in honor of its host, DeamianLucifer
I think keeping it open would be more "honoring" than closing it.

duplicate
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 17 Jan 2007, 18:15

catechize

- examine through questioning and answering
- give religious instructions to

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 17 Jan 2007, 22:30

zealot
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 18 Jan 2007, 02:11

Lotus - waterlilly

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 Jan 2007, 04:21

I can't believe I'm putting this.

tushies
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 18 Jan 2007, 13:51

LOL! I'm just happy you didn't post a definition.

Return to “Campfire”