Raise Dead mod

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Raise Dead mod

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Sep 2006, 21:23

Naskoni gives us a mod that changes the way raise dead and resurrect work back to the way they were in version 1.0.
This mod changes the way Raise Dead and Resurrect work. Raise Dead has been changed to lv3 Summoning Magic now and it's place has been taken by Earthquake "demoted" from lv3 to lv2 without any additional changes done to it.

Raise Dead has been changed as follows from being:

Level 2 Summoning Magic (9 Mana Cost) -20% HP per stack per cast

120 + SPx15 for heroes without any proficiency in Summoning Magic

160 + SPx20 for basic Summoning Magic

200 + SPx25 for advanced Summoning Magic

240 + SPx30 for expert Summoning Magic

And into a spell that looks like that:

Level 3 Summoning Magic (9 Mana cost) no HP penalty per cast

60 + SPx10 for heroes without any proficiency in Summoning Magic

120 + SPx15 for basic Summoning Magic

180 + SPx20 for advanced Summoning Magic

240 + SPx30 for expert Summoning Magic

Additionally Resurrection has been kept as the default spell from 1.3 minus the -10% HP penalty per cast.

Raise Dead had its description updated to reflect the absence of the -20% HP penalty now.
If anyone has any input, this is the place to do so.

cheers

Naskoni
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Naskoni » 25 Sep 2006, 21:55

I'd be grateful for people to try it out and give me their feedback - I'm open for (constructive) criticism :)

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Sep 2006, 15:27

I've played it on a few maps so far, and the lower level earthquake has come in handy on a couple of occasions.

I haven't done the rounds with necros yet. will be doing tests this weekend on some resource changes, and will take a closer look at raise dead then.

Naskoni
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Naskoni » 29 Sep 2006, 22:34

Sir_Toejam wrote:I've played it on a few maps so far, and the lower level earthquake has come in handy on a couple of occasions.

I haven't done the rounds with necros yet. will be doing tests this weekend on some resource changes, and will take a closer look at raise dead then.
Your input will be appreciated ;)

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 01 Oct 2006, 10:20

I have played the game with Lucretia... went ok... so I guess it's a good mod

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 11 Oct 2006, 22:13

Ok, some strange things are happening with the raise dead spell.

It seems there is some kind of "cap" on just how many creatures can be raised by each casting.

for example, no matter how high the power multiplier is raised, it seems to cap out.

specific example:

I tested during a castle seige of a fully developed preserve castle with a weeks worth of troops, and a level 12 mage hero casting lightning bolt every round on my skellies.

level 16 necromancer with 11 power can raise no more than 45 skeleton archers at a time, no matter what power multiplier or base value is assigned to the spell. As an aside, losses of skellies per round during that battle, just from the towers and the enemy hero exceeded 50.

just to play, i tried raising the base value of the raise dead spell to 400 and the power level to 80, and it raises the same as a base of 200 and power level of 40.

disabling the mod results in there STILL being a cap (though it was higher, at 57).

I do note as well, that when the mod is disabled, and the %hp reduction is working again, that the cap for raising remains even as the hps of your skellies goes down.

so..

1st cast raises 57 and reduces hps... 2nd cast still raises 57 ... etc.

so yeah, it was definetly right to remove the hp reduction from this spell!

however, there also seems to have been a "cap" put in place for the specific goal (apparently) of making it so you don't raise more individuals as their hps went down.

bottom line:

with the "cap" in place, the mod changing the spell level to "3" makes this totally NOT a spammable spell anymore, even without the nerf to hps.

it merely helps to reduce losses in any serious fight, no longer functions well to prevent losses altogether.

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 15 Dec 2006, 10:09

the cap is not higher when you remove this mod. it calculates the -20% penalty. 45*100/80=56.25

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 14 Jan 2007, 22:58

I would like to make a few suggestions about changing this spell:

1.) This spell should be renamed to "Reanimate", since rather than raising(which sounds too close to the word 'resurrecting') the target, you get to reanimate them. After all, undead are simply animated masses of bodies, and formerly living creatures are only magically reanimated rather than raised as a resurrection spell would do.
2.) If you could reanimate undead creatures permanently, you should also do so for elementals (non-summoned), golems, gargoyles, and other creatures animated by magic. In other words, the permanent effects should be extended to other nonliving creatures as well.
3.) I would set the spell level back to level 2, since there should be the same number of level 3 spells as level 2 spells. But that means the power of the spell should be decreased.

-Galactygon

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 31 Aug 2007, 17:06

Hi!

I was wondering how the -20% hit point penalty was removed. I couldn't tell from simply looking through the mod.
I would like to see the mod for HOF as well, because when I put it in Maps, HOF treats Raise Dead as an attack, and it has to be cast on enemy units!

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 01 Sep 2007, 18:03

Oops! Never mind... I figured it all out through looking at the HOF files.
:D

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”