Equilibris install problem

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Equilibris install problem

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jan 2006, 16:40

I heard I had to install camp_ed_sfx and heroes4_sfx before installing Equ, is this right? If so why cant I install them?
Heres a screenshot of the problem.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Equilibris install problem

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jan 2006, 16:56

No need of them, if you have everything up the WoW.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Equilibris install problem

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jan 2006, 17:41

Pol wrote:No need of them, if you have everything up the WoW.
Well the next thing i get is this when I try to install EQ
And im 100% sure I have intalled all the patches.

It talks about a special file where and how do I get it I have only found the files mentioned before that seemed important to get EQ to run.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 23 Jan 2006, 18:16

That's the HeroesIV WoW executable (With all patches), it's needed for equilibris. So if you have WoW, make sure you're patched up. Otherwise, just download again the sfx files (Which include the executables for the game and map editor) and try again.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jan 2006, 18:23

Crusard wrote:That's the HeroesIV WoW executable (With all patches), it's needed for equilibris. So if you have WoW, make sure you're patched up. Otherwise, just download again the sfx files (Which include the executables for the game and map editor) and try again.
Yes I have tried done that now, made sure that the sfx fixed got to the right path and everything but no! failure wont accept the game itself only the campaign editor..... eh are they supposed to be in the Data folder? I have tried only the main folder with the exes and the readmes.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jan 2006, 21:10

Orfinn wrote:the Data folder? I have tried only the main folder with the exes and the readmes.
Quite possible...
equi.aop- configuration file for Heroes 4 Camaign Editor version 3.51. This file will reconfigure your map editor layout to contain new sections and new adventure objects, grouped in a simple way. Place the file in the Data folder, overwriting the old one (which you may want to back up first). [Oct 12, 2004]
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Jan 2006, 12:31

2 Orfinn
Your problem is described in FAQ section.

You need to dwnld both sfx files, run them to unpack exe files into main game dir instead of your files and then run installation again.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jan 2006, 12:56

Dalai wrote:2 Orfinn
Your problem is described in FAQ section.

You need to dwnld both sfx files, run them to unpack exe files into main game dir instead of your files and then run installation again.
Well thats what I have tried to do but no luck. Replacing the old exe file is impossible it gets executed, incomplete.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 24 Jan 2006, 15:18

You mean the heroes4.exe sfx is corrupt? Try redownloading it from one of the mirrors if so.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jan 2006, 15:37

Crusard wrote:You mean the heroes4.exe sfx is corrupt? Try redownloading it from one of the mirrors if so.
Yup seems so. Its around 2mb and it takes eons to download it where does the mirror come from? I usually download a few mb in a few minutes, this takes half an hour even 1h!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Jan 2006, 17:22

Heroes4_sfx(WoW) has 2 403 446 bytes. You can check it by Winzip or Winrar.
"We made it!"

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 24 Jan 2006, 20:58

There's a topic with mirrors for all files in this very forum. Check it out, it should download pretty quickly.-

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Jan 2006, 12:27

Thanks for the tips, gotta try them out soon.

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rhutobello » 29 Jan 2006, 14:53

Just installed eq myself.

Had some problems too.

Rem to use update_sfx.exe even if you have WoW.

Be sure there haven't been made any new subfolder's from the installations.

In my frustration I also doubleclick on heroes4.exe sfx.after I place it in major dir for Heroes 4..not sure it's needed....but it worked:):)

Good luck...it's a nice mod...give new life to a great game:)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Feb 2006, 17:16

Rhutobello wrote:Just installed eq myself.

Had some problems too.

Rem to use update_sfx.exe even if you have WoW.

Be sure there haven't been made any new subfolder's from the installations.

In my frustration I also doubleclick on heroes4.exe sfx.after I place it in major dir for Heroes 4..not sure it's needed....but it worked:):)

Good luck...it's a nice mod...give new life to a great game:)
Subfolders? Ouch, theres something after when I have uninstalled the game that cant get removed, a icon with white window and blue headline.
Thanks for the advices folks, but I keep the game as it is and it is great I must say. The A.I arent that bad only a bit defensive, but I know many tricks to kill those pesky town defenders with uber army including amputate their mines and creature dwellings :devious:

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rhutobello » 05 Feb 2006, 18:59

This might sound a bit "Dummys", no intet for that...just telling what I have:

A)
your statement:
failure wont accept the game itself only the campaign editor..... eh are they supposed to be in the Data folder?

Did same mistake about 3 times...installed Eq first...now..you have removed EQ.
I then first put in "heroes4_sfx " then run the update with update_sfx.exe, put in those other data files for maps..then install EQ.
About folders:
B)
In main window for 3do you shall have all exe files and a lot of single and only 3 folders, Data.games and maps, in maps 1 subfolder for challenge maps..thats all:)

Try 1 more time and good luck....it's worth it:)

Return to “Equilibris”