Please Save Heroes V

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby reynaert » 25 Jan 2006, 10:12

I thought the problem was there wasn't any fun in it if it got released now, or am I mistaking things here?

besides, death threads are 'passé' :-p
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

sebutzu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby sebutzu » 25 Jan 2006, 11:23

By commenting...I agree with the petition...

I KNOW good software takes time!

Please make it good...don't just finish it in time!

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Marcus333 » 25 Jan 2006, 11:48

Signed. Take your time... Always... Don't dissapoint a large group of people. I wouldn't even think a second about this, both as myself, or as a sales/marketing manager. You'd have to be blind not to see the wrong in a too early launch, if the game isn't finished.

Too early: Average sales in the beginning, later almost no sales at all.

In time: Above average sales in the beginning, later average sales.

That is what I predict.

Signing! (And urging other people to sign aswell...)

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Malicen » 25 Jan 2006, 11:56

I did not have an opportunity to try the game, but from what I'm reading here, and to be sincere from some screenshots I've seen lately, I do not like the looks of it. To be sincere I would rather see the game release in summer than in a month but with a good cause, and that is to improve it.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby dragonn » 25 Jan 2006, 12:00

Signed

I agree to give the game more time, but I can't understand the reason for the past betas. If there are so many bugs at this moment, I ask you, what the hell the producers were doing all the time! There is no problem with some minor bugs, those bugs can be corrected in some patches (If I remember HIII had a couple of balance bugs, especially Conflux :(, but it was a great game afterall). But with so many lacks of game elements I wonder if the game will not need a lot more time then 2 months...

I will not be simple for Ubisoft to change their plans about fiscal year. Why should they accept the petition. Even if the game will not be finished (please, no!), a lot of gamers will buy the game. Cash will be earned, gamers will be angry, so what... I just hope that Ubi is one of those developers that takes into acount what gamers say.
Edited on Wed, Jan 25 2006, 15:15 by dragonn
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Caradrayn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caradrayn » 25 Jan 2006, 12:03

well, maybe this will be of more use
http://new.petitiononline.com/homm5/petition.html

unfotunately I only pasted it from Heroes Community, then I read it and spotted that I should've rephrased some sntences, but nevertheless the petition is there and it is waiting to be signed ;-)
"Death before dishonour"

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Veldrynus » 25 Jan 2006, 12:07

No worries guys, even if the game has tons of bugs and screwed features, some of them will be corrected in the next few FREE patches or perhaps in some of the NOTSOFREE addons.

( If somebody didn't got it, this was sarcasm)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 25 Jan 2006, 12:11

This is something I was speaking about long time ago. Don't hurry, you need to hurry when you catch flies not when you make a computer game. It is much better when the release of the game is delayed and the game is superb than when an unfinished game appears in time - like it was with H4...

I am a closed betatester of heroes V and a open betates helper, so I have quite a knowledge of the game. And I have to say: THIS GAME HAS GOT A HUGE POTENTIAL! But it is easy to spoil it by releasing the game too early, unfinished, unpolished.
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

erlend11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby erlend11 » 25 Jan 2006, 12:48

signed me up..I hope they will delay it to after the summer!! we need Heroes of Might and Magic V to be GOOD and balanced

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Zamolxis » 25 Jan 2006, 13:13

Signed!

You'll find my comments on different forums, especially on the Ubi & FP ones. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Yeznick
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Yeznick » 25 Jan 2006, 13:46

Please Ubisoft, let the game become a revolution not a waste of time. Then ... ALL will be happy.

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 25 Jan 2006, 13:53

We really need a dealy, or else the game will be doomed with unfinishedness and buggyness, which we know, that everyone hates...
ImageImage

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby dragonn » 25 Jan 2006, 13:55

What I read on various forums is what makes me very upset. The game was near it's release, there were more and more screenshots coming out as the days passed. And now, so suddenly, this. I wonder why the production process turned out to be such a mess. Maybe there was a major change of plans, or something went wrong. Then again, as we have seen so far on E3, GC, the game didn't seen to be in it's early state. We were even told about the demo in December 2005. Or maybe the situation is not as tragical? Beta testers say it is. I dunno. Life of a Heroes fan is a hard life I guess :(:(:(... as if 3DO's bankruptcy wasn't enough in the first place...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Justice » 25 Jan 2006, 14:19

I sign the petition.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing!
-Edmund Burke

Xsi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Xsi » 25 Jan 2006, 14:29

I am doubtful about the "financial" argument, since ubi is releasing at least 3 other titles (including one platform-wide), but economics isnt really my thing.

Seeing how they spend a couple of bucks on acquiring the license, the worst thing for management to do is release a game that will be considered as unfinished, unbalanced by its fans. They could have better thrown that license-money through the drain.

So I am confident that they wont make that mistake and release it when its worth it. Then again, I havent played the beta and probably dont know what I am talking about.

On a side note, the demo of r6:lockdown is also suffering from multiplayer connection issues. And the last games that I bought on release date all had connection issues in the first few days. I wouldnt worry to much about that.

dalriada
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby dalriada » 25 Jan 2006, 14:37

I'm even further down the road awaiting a Mac port but I'll sign the petition and gladly wait an extra month or two if that what it takes to achieve a more mature and smooth/bug free game from day 1. Truly hope we can see a return from the glorious days of HommIII.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Jan 2006, 14:53

For example, Neverwinter Nights was pushed back by a few years. But when it released, it did what it set out to do -- give players a set of tools so they could build their own RPGs.

And whatever one thinks about Blizzard, they tend to release stable, completed games. I was astonished when I first played Warcraft III -- not so much for graphics and gameplay as for the fact that thing worked out of the box.

An early release sparks short-term profits that drive a company under.

A completed game brings a company credibilty, which increases long-term profits. Satisfied customers keep coming back.

I would favor any delay if they feel that the product is not yet finished.

On the other hand, I'd actually have to play the beta before I signed a petition . . . so I guess I'm in the "agree but have to wait" category.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

anakha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby anakha » 25 Jan 2006, 15:13

I'm hereby signing the petition.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 15:20

Bandobras Took wrote:For example, Neverwinter Nights was pushed back by a few years. But when it released, it did what it set out to do -- give players a set of tools so they could build their own RPGs.

And whatever one thinks about Blizzard, they tend to release stable, completed games. I was astonished when I first played Warcraft III -- not so much for graphics and gameplay as for the fact that thing worked out of the box.

An early release sparks short-term profits that drive a company under.

A completed game brings a company credibilty, which increases long-term profits. Satisfied customers keep coming back.

I would favor any delay if they feel that the product is not yet finished.

On the other hand, I'd actually have to play the beta before I signed a petition . . . so I guess I'm in the "agree but have to wait" category.
It's so nice not to have to work yourself! :D

I'm in complete agreement with the hobbit.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Jan 2006, 15:53

Ururam Tururam wrote:I am a closed betatester of heroes V and a open betates helper, so I have quite a knowledge of the game. And I have to say: THIS GAME HAS GOT A HUGE POTENTIAL! But it is easy to spoil it by releasing the game too early, unfinished, unpolished.
Nothing more to add.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “News”