Buglist

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 06 Jan 2007, 15:55

Winterfate, you mean in hard/heroic difficulties, you cant flee from battles? It should be a bug, but can be an intentional one ;)

I have several very frustrating experiences in online sessions via ubi.com. I normally play under the 'Training' channel with few of my friends - coop mode vs AIs. About 2-3 wks of game time, one of us will crash to the desktop. After that, when we reload the game, desync will occur - meaning, when my friend clears a neutral stack guarding a mine, the neutral stack still remains there standing! And when an enemy hero attacks my friend's castle and my friend wins, the enemy hero still stood there from my terminal! Then after couple of more turns, the game will simply freeze...

My friends switched to low quality video, but it doesnt help. We have minimum of 512mb ram, but we seriously dont think it is a system issue. We play using HoF, on fan-made maps. Does any of you face this?

Next question, is there anyway to play fan-made maps on the 'standard' channel under ubi.com?

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 06 Jan 2007, 22:16

Master of conjuration doesn't add +4 to casting Summon Elemental spell. Neither does Elemental Waistband give that +4 bonus to casting it.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 07 Jan 2007, 02:32

Winterfate, you mean in hard/heroic difficulties, you cant flee from battles? It should be a bug, but can be an intentional one
Let me rephrase...again! :tongue: :

I meant that Hard/Heroic enemy AI won't run from battle (the computer stays until it loses).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 07 Jan 2007, 05:51

winterfate wrote:Let me rephrase...again! :tongue: :

I meant that Hard/Heroic enemy AI won't run from battle (the computer stays until it loses).
LOL ok we got it loud and clear now :lol:

Btw have you guys faced the MP problem above that i'm facing? We cant proceed on 'cos of this and i would like to resolve it if i can. Tks!

AngelA
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AngelA » 07 Jan 2007, 22:50

Greetings, Heroes All!

I am here to glean wisdom on a crash problem I am having in Heroes V (original, not expansion) I see that Gaidal Cain (i think it is) reported the bug in the inferno campaign when gated creatures are killed. I dont know if the violet text means that it was fixed in patch 1.4, or if it means the problem appeared with that patch. Anyways, in the final battle of the first scenario of the Inferno campaign, my game crashes to desktop whenever my gated hell steed is killed (It is not a hell hound, as reported in the bugwatch) Has anyone found a workaround (other than not using gated troops, which makes them kind of pointless. Besides, you have to kill the AI's gated troops to win the battle

AngelA

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 08 Jan 2007, 04:18

Welcome to the forums, AngelA! ;)

Um, as of now, and as far as I know, there's no workaround. Interestingly, this ONLY occurs in 1.4 (I have the expansion pack and it works fine).

You'll either have to downgrade back to 1.3, wait for 1.5...or get the expansion pack.

Side note: C'mon Nival. People need the patch...HURRY! :beg:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jan 2007, 11:08

AngelA wrote: I dont know if the violet text means that it was fixed in patch 1.4, or if it means the problem appeared with that patch. Anyways, in the final battle of the first scenario of the Inferno campaign, my game crashes to desktop whenever my gated hell steed is killed (It is not a hell hound, as reported in the bugwatch)
Added in that patch. And yes, it seems it's any gated stack.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sietchlord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Possible workaround for gated units crash

Unread postby Sietchlord » 10 Jan 2007, 07:35

Hey all!

I have found that UNCHECKING the Cinematic Camera option makes the game no longer crash after gated units are killed. Please try this, hope it works! :|
Glory to the Brave!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Jan 2007, 07:44

Welcome to the forums, Sietchlord! ;)

I hope it works too. Otherwise, there's no other solution than waiting for 1.5!

:beg:

Nival, please fix it!

Sietchlord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sietchlord » 10 Jan 2007, 08:11

Thx for the Welcome, Winterfate!

I am really curious whether this works for you people as well...
Glory to the Brave!

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 11 Jan 2007, 00:02

A 'bug', though it's nothing to do with the game. It involves the Ranger campaign guide:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/586
Your home base is a long way away from the evil Necromancers. There is no place for a ship to dock (in fact, no sailing at all in this mission), and the only entrance to your isolated HQ is a garrison north of town A (1). Findan starts with the two heroes he rescued back in mission 3. They both carry the Ranger's ultimate skill, which is very handy in this mission.
In patch 1.4 Dirael no longer has Nature's Luck.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 11 Jan 2007, 15:19

If i remember correctly, i think when i was using Dirael in v1.3, she has already lost her ultimate skill.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 13 Jan 2007, 11:38

I noticed a bug reagarding dwarves being unaffected by plague zombies' weakening strike.

Undead can be affected by crippling wound - which is a bit weird

dwarves also do not have an asociated element when fighting against a warlock with Elemental Vision

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 13 Jan 2007, 16:48

okrane wrote:I noticed a bug reagarding dwarves being unaffected by plague zombies' weakening strike.

Undead can be affected by crippling wound - which is a bit weird

dwarves also do not have an asociated element when fighting against a warlock with Elemental Vision
I believe they forgot to add in the elements and weakening strike effect for the dwarves.

I also agree with you that undeads should not be affected by crippling wound, that does sound wierd ;)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 14 Jan 2007, 04:34

Shieldguards and Blackbear Riders are immune to Plague Zombies' Weakening Strike because of their Armored Ability (Nival exaggerated a bit...the strike should still reduce Attack, but it doesn't affect those units at all).

Now, to see if that's a bug or part of the game design.... :)

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 15 Jan 2007, 16:13

Now that you mentioned, i didnt realize blackbear riders have the armored ability 8| Cheers to the mighty dwarves :hail:

Diadem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Diadem » 20 Jan 2007, 20:42

Sylvan Map 1:

Sometimes Biara doesn't show up, meaning that the game cannot be ended. This could be related to loading a save early on.
I encountered this bug myself, and tested it a bit. The game auto-saves the map when you start it. This bug only seems to happen if you reload from this auto-save. If this bug happens several other things seem to go wrong as well, such as you not loosing the game when your hero dies.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 20 Jan 2007, 20:53

Welcome to the forums, Diadem! ;)

That reminds of something that happens in the expansion pack:

*edited for spoilers...some of them anyway :) *

In a certain Dungeon map (where you defend your town from the Soulscar Clan), when their superhero arrives, the message box says his army will surely raze the town. However, I held him off just fine (with my heroes' spellpower).

It isn't a bug, but it IS incongruent (either make sure the army is unbeatable, or don't claim it is).

I've dodged most of the bugs posted here in the Buglist (except the corrupted save bug...now that's pesky :().

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 20 Jan 2007, 21:18

I found a pretty strange bug. I was fighting a siege battle with Academy. All towers hit my titans, and they were left with about 40hp. I did not want to lose them so I wanted to heal them. I casted Raise Dead on them even if there wasn't any dead titan. The titans were healed, and their hp were reduced. So I had all full health titans with reduced life. No one attacked my titans ever since. Still at the end of the battle it showed that I lost one titan.

This is pretty strange and I guess it has something to do with how raise dead hp reduction works...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Jan 2007, 00:47

A berserker bug-maybe it happens with other units but I did not check.
When you use a rune the stats shown on the unit differ from the stats shown at the ATB, the latter being one step back.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”