New Round Table Layouts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 21:54

How about just chaging the color of the marker?! Or giving the background color more or less brightness. It doesn't need to be very visible, just noticeable.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Dec 2006, 20:37

Valhalla! The new Fortress skin are great, runes, and stuff.....but heck wheres my marker when I try to mouse over it here where I write? Lol! Oh I found it but wow its camoflaged, what about a bit darker grey, just so...no wait switch the grey colors would it be more visible then? :oex:

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 17 Dec 2006, 07:52

I changed the colors around a bit to find a color that would provide more contrast to the mouse marker. Hope it suits you better ;)
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 12:16

Great job there ;) Now its much easier to see the marker :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Dec 2006, 16:57

Get my bow Robenhagen, Dwarven theme is so pleasing. Perfect One - it's going to by my favorite for a while. But Haven is still on top :D :tsup:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2006, 18:40

Yup, you can see it now. and it looks great, but i'm too used to academy.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Dec 2006, 18:59

Looks nice,but necro still pleases the eyes most.

Btw,isnt the name actually fotress? :devil:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 17 Dec 2006, 19:04

ThunderTitan wrote:Yup, you can see it now. and it looks great, but i'm too used to academy.
Academy? Egad, how can your eyes take all that yellow?!
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 Dec 2006, 19:38

Academy? Egad, how can your eyes take all that yellow?!
Because hes a Thunder Titan with raging, furious yellow eyes of lightning 8|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Dec 2006, 19:46

theLuckyDragon wrote: Academy? Egad, how can your eyes take all that yellow?!
seeing how it's all my fault it got created in the first place i figured i should at least try it out for a while... and then like a fungus it grew on me. Anyway, none of the others do anything for me either, so...

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 08 Jan 2007, 21:33

Tomorrow - January 9th - is Cranky Hero's 1-year birthday, and we've chosen to celebrate him with a little makeover of the Igloo skin. So go ahead and try the new Cranky-skin.

A special thanks to Marzhin for cooking up a really nice header :applause:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2007, 22:00

Damn igloo,getting all the good skin treatments :disagree:

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 13 Jan 2007, 16:30

great work! i switched my Inferno to Fortress.

the orange writing on the right edge of forums is great, as are the buttons.

tho i dont like the "THE HEROES ROUND TABLE" writing on the banner, it looks flinstonish, not dwarfish.

btw can you give the background a pattern instead of solid color? that would certainly work wonders on all themes.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Jan 2007, 10:31

Ok I like the layouts and everything, but can I ask what is with all the white(ish) colors? We need a few more dark colors :). Inferno and Dungeon come close to perfect, now if only a bit more silver (letters) would be introduced..oh well still good job all :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jan 2007, 11:20

Ok, I think Fortress one is kinda nice, but the letters for FAQ, SEARCH, and down there for SUBMIT and even here, where we write stuff is too dark. It's a bit difficult to read. For me, it's not that difficult, but there are people who could use this layout and they cannot read properly. Even having other layouts, I think they should be equally made for everyone. :)

These field texts I think they cannot be changed because of the Font Colour option, but the other could be colored as POST A REPLY label.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Aug 2007, 20:19

Found nice extension for firefox, allowing you to ignore image per rule. Anyone also noticed that if you loading logo it's taking damn much time?

So that one thing solve it.

Result is faster pages loading and squeezed area, hmm, more suitable for small monitors or where is not enough place.

:after installation go to the extension tab, pick options, choose all images, change placeholder font to something small and pretty, on filter tab write /logo/ to and choose don't load. That will prevent loading logo images anywhere where you step. (or mention wider part of address leading to our logo - like /image/logo.jpg ). Hit Add and Apply.

Suppresed image can be forced to load by Ctrl+right click on the placeholder.

Useful Scarlett? ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”