Lady Mystical's tales of the Dimensions

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 28 Dec 2006, 01:47

Not 'my' thread. This is a place where any can post any type of story they want (as long as no sex, bad language, ect).
Thank you! ;)
good story too
Thank you again! ;) ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 01 Jan 2007, 10:27

Well my luck with stories has been rather poor as of late. The funny one I tried died quick, and the scary one never really got of the ground. May just be too nervous about tommorrow (leaving for Hollywood) or maybe just got that dreaded 'writers block' still. Well as soon as the writing bug hits again, will try my luck, but until then here is a poem a wrote a long time back (in a very dark mood but dont let that scare ya, cause it ends on a very light note).

A moonlit night in a forest near
running frantically, bathed in fear.
Jumping, ducking, fleeing toward the light
stalked by something that goes bump in the night

Panic closes in like a perfect noose
holding you close, never letting loose
a rustle of leaves, something moves out of sight
you brace yourself, prepairing to fight

A dark figure looms, nothing human arround
it races toward you in leaps and bounds.
And just as it is close enough to pounce
something hits it enough to make it bounce

One after another figures strike the beast
preventing this night it's unholy feast
The beast escapes, and tries to flee
and the protective figures just let it be

For they are kindred, though not as dark
for unlike it they do not bear the mark.
Vanishing as silently as they came,
knowing the next night will be more of the same

They are the White Wolves of the forest brave and pure
fighting a curse that may not have any cure
For one of them was marked, and walks as a man
but they will stop him, any way they can.

Title : Wolves.

Hehe, hope that wasn't too weird for everybody.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 01 Jan 2007, 19:30

Bravo! I liked it! :applause:

Good luck with your trip to Hollywood ;) (I'm rooting for you :tsup:).

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 06 Jan 2007, 11:33

Warning: the following contains some questionable remarks. Proceed at your own risk. (Nothing too bad, but a disclaimer is always a nice warning).

The White Wolves : The Hunt.

A long time ago there was a pack of wolves that roamed in the North American area known as Yellowstone National Park. At the time, however, America had been founded not to long ago, and Yellowstone had yet to be proclaimed 'protected'. In the area there was two seperate people contesting over the land. One was a tribe of natives that you will not find in any history book, and the other was a town of 'settlers'.

The shaman of the natives was old, and time had ravaged his once stout heart and frame. With the settlers poisons and diseases they were destroying his people, and soon there would be none remaining. For a long time he called apon the spirits of the forest, but it seemed they had abandoned him to the mercy of his enemies. In his darkest hour he turned to the fox. Now the fox was a cunning and tricky spirit, one full of what we would call evil. The fox told the shaman that it would help him, make him invincible in battle. Only the shaman's own children would be able to defeat him in battle. Now the shaman was wise, but his mind was clouded with grief and torment. Knowing he had no children, he accepted the fox's help.

The fox of course had decieved the old man, for while he was invincible in battle, he would have the mind of a beast. The shaman was transfomed into a werewolf, and not even his own people were safe from his unholy appetite for destruction. For years he was unconquerable, many on both sides died by his claws, and even more were injured. Eventually, though, even a beast will search out a mate. He found one. It was not a human, but a silver wolf. Now silver wolves were not common, and even less so in the area, but yet he found one. Being both man and beast he was easily able to subdue her and mate with her. Not long after 6 wolves came into this world.

Now they were what you might call albino wolves. Pure white from nose to tail, with soft pink eyes. Their mother was not just any wolf, however, but she was the spirit wolf that the natives reveared. She knew that she could not undo what the fox had done, but she also knew that the fox had put a limit on it's curse. The beasts own flesh and blood would be able to stop him, and she had sacrificed her own being to have his children. When they were old enough, she told them of their father, and charged them with ensuring that he did no more harm. They listened patiently, and agreed to do whatever they could to stop him.

For many nights they chased their father, managing to stop his unholy feast, but never unwilling to kill him. They hope to redeem him. To this day they still are out there, only at night on a full moon. Waiting, watching, protecting. Until they can bring themselves to kill their own father, they will wait...and if you listen carefully you can hear their mornful cries still. They cry to him forlornly, hoping to reach that part of him that is still good, maybe just maybe they will reach him one day. Until that one day, it is wise never to travel into the forest at night, especially on the full moon.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 06 Jan 2007, 15:34

This was a beautiful story Myth :)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 07 Jan 2007, 02:37

Yes indeed! :applause:

Nice story, Mytical! ;)

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 08 Jan 2007, 22:06

I wrote another story about the Kung Lao-impersonator Nomzamo and his two buddies a while back. It might be slightly too long for one post so I'll just link to it instead. So heeere's Sticky Situations: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44208207/
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Jan 2007, 08:22

Thanks for the contribution Fenris :). Running into the same problem as with my Ideas. Not sure anybody actually even sees this much any more...but still write stories here from time to time. Just like idea thread, when I actually come up with something good to know it is still there (even if I have to use search function to find it).

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Feb 2007, 08:17

Sound the trumptets, light the signals, War is here ; is here.
Monsters at the gates, above and below, but there is nothing to fear; to fear.
Man the walls, brace the gate, and prepair yourself to fight; to fight.
Load the balista, man the towers, and wait for the the light; the light.

Surge and pall, push and pull, like waves they break; they break
Our enemies are nigh, at our front step, give as good as you take; you take
Melee to the front, archers behind, flyers take to the air; the air
We have made a line, and none shall cross, be they foul or fair; or fair.

Foul undead, or creatures from the darkest pit, they all shall fall; shall fall
We are bearers of the light, proud and true, and the light shall defeat them all; them all.
Be they Warlock, Necromancer, or a demon infernal; demon inferal
All shall yeild, to the might, of the Griffin Eternal!; Griffin Eternal!

-Griffin Soldier Marching Cadence-

(Note to get the best result think of the part before the ; as said by the 'cadence maker', and the rest after the ; said by all).

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 21 Feb 2007, 12:01

WOW, Myth. I didn't know that you are such a good poet :)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Feb 2007, 17:45

Very good, Myst! Could you try redoing Findan's poetry? ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Feb 2007, 22:50

Hmm I don't know if I can pull off miricals. It would take a thousand bards 1000 years to fix that...

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 22 Feb 2007, 00:58

:rofl:

Poor Findan.

Don't worry, Jenova. I won't let anyone harm you. :D

It could be worse...at least he never says Enought. ;)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 22 Feb 2007, 16:41

If I may ask a question of Mytical that may have been already asked, because I am just curious:

Your handle is Mytical, yet people refer to you as MyStical or MySt. It's even in this thread's title.

So... what's the deal with the missing S? :)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Feb 2007, 16:50

Well not that interesting of a story, I will explain anyhow. A long (long long) time ago I played a game called Everquest. My brother talked me into playing, but at the time I thought I would play a little joke on him. So I wanted to play a male character. The name was meant to be Mystical, but that name would not be accepted by the server. So I tried many variations and eventually came up with a version it would accept which is Mytical (and which I've pretty much stuck with since). So the people on here who call me that know the story, so they call me something based on the original name. I don't mind, I am pretty forgiving on what people call me. Even..'Hey you', or 'That crazy woman' is acceptable :). Just not 'Late for supper' and we will get along fine :D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 22 Feb 2007, 16:55

Ok, well I guess that answers my question! Just thought that maybe you had an aversion to S's or something, which I didn't really understand since S is such a nice letter. ;)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Feb 2007, 17:55

I was led to believed that you prefered an overabundance of "r":s, eh Corrrribus?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 22 Feb 2007, 18:09

Well obviously one cannot have enough R's. Never met an R I didn't want. Orrrr something.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 28 Feb 2007, 08:05

((ok the following story will use names you never heard of (except the main characters of course), towns never before seen, and things that have never showed up (ever) in HoMM 5. However, it expounds on the story I wrote for the fiction contest both with some back story, and some continuation after that story left off. Oh and it includes a town type that does not exsist in the HoMM culture. It may get a little racey. I will try to keep it PG, but you have been warned.))

Dronkus crawled forward hesitantly. Shivers ran up and down his twisted spine. Goblins as a whole are cowerdly creatures, but even the bravest of souls would be frightened. His plan had failed, and now Haven knew a little more then he was comfortable with. If only that hag Jhora had not escaped. He sighed, nothing to do about it now. "M...m..master. I ha..ve nnn..ews."

A dark shadowy form turns it's attention to the bug cowering at it's lower extremities. It had no form that could be decerned currently, but it vaguely resembled a humanoid. It sent out its thoughts to the sniveling creature, absolutely detesting the neccessity of touching such a base mind. Ffooll it's mind seemed to echo in Dronkus's head. ddoo yyoouu tthhiinnkk II ddoo nnoott kknnooww wwhhaatt hhaass ttrraannssppiirreedd? Yyoouurr ffaaiilluurree wwaass aannttiissssiippaatteedd. Iinn ffaacct, iitt wwaass nneeddeedd. Tthhaatt iiss wwhhyy yyoouu ssttiill lliivvee.

Dronkus mentally berrated himself. Of course his masters would have anticipated everything. "Then we should go forward with the second part of the plan?". He got his answer with a sharp pain that felt like hot needles shoved into his head. "Yes master! Right away master.." he crawled away as best he could with the intense pain. Fear and loathing were his only thoughts, and fear the much stronger emotion. Whatever that thing was..he did not want to anger it or cross it. Not for any price...

(TBC)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 28 Feb 2007, 19:05

:applause:

Nice work, Mytical!

I now expect a quick followup to the TBC! ;)
I must know what happens afterwards...

Return to “Campfire”