What are you currently reading?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 22 Nov 2006, 23:29

ThunderTitan wrote: Anyway, it appears i no longer have the patience to read a book in a usefull period of time.
Welcome to my world.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Nov 2006, 01:10

Bethel wrote:
stefan.urlus wrote:???? TT, you are a very odd person

Exile's Return now ....
Who's the author of this? I presume it's part of a series.

The title sounds familiar.
It is one of Raymond E. Feists
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Dec 2006, 13:11

A classic: Frederick Pohl - Gateway.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 04 Dec 2006, 13:17

I just finished Christopher Priest's "The Prestige".

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Dec 2006, 16:20

I think that I'm still reading it. Though it's tight book, especially compared to todays normal series, I'm skimping time to read it whole. Time, time when you will be enough?

The Gateway is a SCI-FI greatly popular back in time here are also two games (RPG) benefiting from it. And I already played Gateway: The Homeworld :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 20 Dec 2006, 07:58

I just watched the movie Eragon and decided that I should read the book too (once I forget some details from the movie f'course).
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Dec 2006, 11:57

I decided (after talking about it in another thread somewhere) to re-read the incarnations of immortality .... already upto For Love of Evil .... man that book is definately my favourite of the series

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 21 Dec 2006, 20:58

Sauron: The book is awesome (at least three times better than the movie). Careful though, once you read the book, you may get the urge to spam the makers of the movie :tongue:.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 21 Dec 2006, 22:17

I'm reading Dune Messiah at the moment. But since I have to read all of my classmates uncomfortably long essays over christmas I guess I won't finish it in a while.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 22 Dec 2006, 16:44

winterfate wrote:Sauron: The book is awesome (at least three times better than the movie). Careful though, once you read the book, you may get the urge to spam the makers of the movie :tongue:.
If I survived all the other books into movies, I am sure that I'll take this fine too. Still, Thanks :)

Gotta open my secret movieslash e-mail again.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 22 Dec 2006, 16:48

In book 3 of the Dark Tower now, "The Waste Lands". I think I might take a short break from the series after that one.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 01 Jan 2007, 21:33

Angelspit wrote:In book 3 of the Dark Tower now, "The Waste Lands". I think I might take a short break from the series after that one.
Read the 4th one, then take a break. The 4th was the best in the series IMO - they all went downhill after that.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Jan 2007, 23:03

Sauron wrote:I just watched the movie Eragon and decided that I should read the book too (once I forget some details from the movie f'course).
I also watched Eragon movie and now I'm heavy hoping that book is better. Movie is so-so. Pirates from Carribean were better. Much better.
"We made it!"

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 01 Jan 2007, 23:48

I had checked wikipedia about that.The book is better and less...simple but reviews says that the author focuses more on showing off his command of English than developing the characters.After all he was somewhere about 15 when he started writing it.Even thought it might not look like it it is really influenced from lotr(at times the plot is the same with different characters) as well as other fantasy novels.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jan 2007, 01:28

that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it depends on how it's all implemented ....

as for books, I'm off them for the moment, need to hit up a library, playing the DS instead

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Jan 2007, 01:32

The funny thing is that me and my friend guessed most revelations in the film before they happened and even some things that are revealed in the second book as my search showed.It's quite predictable.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Jan 2007, 01:50

...it's quite predictable.

Which means boring.
"We made it!"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jan 2007, 03:14

not necessarily, but depends just on how it's done, let's face it, most romantic comedies are pretty predictable, but that doesn't necessarily make them boring

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Jan 2007, 04:10

Eragon is not supposed to be romantic comedy. Though for me it fulfill the definition of bad romantic comedy in the fantasy enviroment.

btw they shoul not be, they are trying to cradle your observation and then bump and everything is ok again. But yes, from this point is predictable. But being predictable to often, means simply to be boring all the time.
"We made it!"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jan 2007, 05:03

most action movies could also be classed as predictable I would think, I still like most of them though :D

but what does it matter

Return to “Campfire”