Buglist

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 08 Dec 2006, 17:41

I noticed a bug in 1.4
Some of the spells a ranger can normally imbue to his attack no longer work. ie the hero spends the time imbuing but when attacking the spell is no longer cast. Still the attack animation for an imbued spell is there

Spells that did not work for me: Vulnerability, Eldritch Arrow, Lighning, Wasp Swarm...

Ballista still works with all of them though...

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 09 Dec 2006, 06:58

I have a bug (may have been fixed in 1.4/2.0 but who knows?)

During the Week of Balance, if you are playing Academy and you equip one of your units with an artifact for morale and/or luck, that morale/luck boost is NOT negated by the week. For example, if you hero has 2 morale and 2 luck and his Titans have a +3 luck artifact, their luck becomes +3 (instead of 0, as it should).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Dec 2006, 07:09

This is a campain bug (and tested a few times so it is repeatable). During the last campain if you reach the town in time but do not lift the seige AND an enemy 'defeats' blue (the haven town you are supposed to free from the seige) you can continue to play. Moreover, when you finally do free the town you don't get the three additional heroes that you should (freyda, duncan, and the dwarf). Still you can play with just the two (and not worry about loosing one of the other 3), but it sure is difficult hehe. Somebody else can test and verify this if they wish.

This is a HoF issue in case somebody didn't realize :).
Last edited by Mytical on 10 Dec 2006, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

corianteri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby corianteri » 09 Dec 2006, 21:14

I just had a very annoying bug in the last campaign at last mission. When you fight against Biara, the game crashes. This happened twice, even if I started the map from the beginnig and tried to do everything differently. My game version is 1.4.

IronRush
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IronRush » 11 Dec 2006, 21:44

1- Fix Instant Travel bug.
2- AI Tweaks.
Remove resource and gold bonus, luck and morale bonus (version 2.0 is ridiculous). Make sure the AI builds good heroes. Better the AI decisions.
3- Other horrible thing. Turn possible some rangers reach the ultimate skill. Changing protection to vitality or somethings like that.
4- Official fix to can choose Dwarves, new artifacts and rune magic in old official maps.
5- Heroes won´t retreat on higher difficulty than normal. Must be fix.
6- Dwarves units have no attached element. (Dungeon Elemental Chain not work).
7- Scholar bug. From the English description of the skill one may understand that both heroes can learn spells from one another, but it can also mean that only one of the heroes is able to learn spells from the other (in the game only the hero with the Scholar skill can teach spells to other heroes, but he cannot learn spells from the others).
8- Summon Creatures bug on version 2.0. Heroes not lose 75% of your moviment anymore how description show us.

Obnoxio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Obnoxio » 13 Dec 2006, 18:18

My Heroes 5 game was working great until I installed patch 1.4.
Now I have to make sure there are no Inferno Towns on the maps I play because gated creatures exiting battle cause the game to exit out to Windows.
I plan to get the Expansion at some point and I hope the Inferno creatures work with that version.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 13 Dec 2006, 22:52

HoF bug

Amulet of Necromancy (increases necromancy skill by 10%)
This artifact can be purchased from the artifact merchant (inside Academy town) for the huge price of ..... 0. Yep, it's free. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Thorfinn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Crashes

Unread postby Thorfinn » 14 Dec 2006, 19:44

I finally got the cash to upgrade my pc in order to play HOMM 5. After installing the essential drivers for graphic card etc. I started to play the game and after cirka 15 minutes the game crashed. Got the patch 1.4 and the friggin game is still crashing even if I play on the lowest settings. mad
The game often crashes when I try to enter a city or a fight...

This is starting to piss me off, so I hope that someone has got a sollution to the problem. My requirements are as follows:

Intel Pentium4 2.8 GHz
1024 RAM
ATI Radeon x1600 512 MB RAM
DirectX 9c
From the icy north they came, shouts heard far as the ground were coloured in crimson.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Re: Crashes

Unread postby LindaG » 14 Dec 2006, 22:50

Thorfinn wrote:I finally got the cash to upgrade my pc in order to play HOMM 5. After installing the essential drivers for graphic card etc. I started to play the game and after cirka 15 minutes the game crashed. Got the patch 1.4 and the friggin game is still crashing even if I play on the lowest settings. mad

This is starting to piss me off, so I hope that someone has got a sollution to the problem. My requirements are as follows:

Intel Pentium4 2.8 GHz
1024 RAM
DirectX 9c
I am not an expert, but I know some people had problems with patch 1.4. I would re-install and only use patch 1.3 (download it manually and install it).
You should be okay until you can get Hammers of Fate.

Do you use any mods? Sometimes they can conflict.

Thorfinn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Crashes

Unread postby Thorfinn » 16 Dec 2006, 07:01

LindaG wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:I finally got the cash to upgrade my pc in order to play HOMM 5. After installing the essential drivers for graphic card etc. I started to play the game and after cirka 15 minutes the game crashed. Got the patch 1.4 and the friggin game is still crashing even if I play on the lowest settings. mad

Intel Pentium4 2.8 GHz
1024 RAM
DirectX 9c
I am not an expert, but I know some people had problems with patch 1.4. I would re-install and only use patch 1.3 (download it manually and install it).
You should be okay until you can get Hammers of Fate.

Do you use any mods? Sometimes they can conflict.
It was the same when I used the patch 1.3, so I guess I'll have to wait until I can buy Hammers of Fate, there are so many things that are more important; rent, food, bills, my son...

No I don't use any mod, don't like mods that much.
Thanx
From the icy north they came, shouts heard far as the ground were coloured in crimson.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 02:07

Corrections:

The Wolves special Pach Hunter have to be renamed to Pack Hunter

Cavalier and Wraith creature icons are not updated, which means the cavalier icon picture are brown but should be BLUE while the red marks on the wraith icon picture should be GREEN not red.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2006, 15:59

Orfinn wrote:Corrections:

The Wolves special Pach Hunter have to be renamed to Pack Hunter
Or at least to Patch Hunter. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 17 Dec 2006, 22:59

The 'u' hotkey from upgrading in town doesn't work anymore on 2.0.

Empowered meteor shower does not have an animation.You can only deduce it has been cast because creatures in area die on their own :P
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Dec 2006, 00:40

Don't know if this happened to anyone else, but here goes: On map 5 of the first HoF campaign the game crashed for me when I went through the two-way portal found in the southwest part of the underground, guarded by archdevils (for me at least). I did manage to get through the portal and see a little island with some loose crystal and gems (so not really worth it), but as soon as I started to move the game froze. The second time through was fine, though.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Dec 2006, 01:05

Can anyone confirm this one: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=20546
New creatures (Haven Renegades, Wolves, Manticores, Mummies, and Dwarves) don't seem to have elemental icons (I have both elemental vision and the altar in town). Right-clicking doesn't show a current element either, making them all immune to Elemental Chaining, essentially.
If it's true then Nival deserves an award. You know which one. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Dec 2006, 18:06

Man Nival is a Bugger! But i have faith in them to fix and crush those bugs some...time.. :devious:

earthworm1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby earthworm1 » 30 Dec 2006, 22:35

I'm not quite sure if this is a bug but when i first installed HoF and played it, it worked fine in full screen mode. But, when i played it again later on the game started to run in windowed mode. I've tried everything I can to stop it from doing this but so far nothing has worked. Can anyone help?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 31 Dec 2006, 01:05

Welcome to the forums, earthworm1! ;)

Hm...that's odd, hasn't happened to me before.

Is there an option in the menu to disable windowed mode? Could someone please tell me, as I'm not sure? If there is, it may be set on. Otherwise, it could be a bug.

Speaking of bugs:

1. Renegade haven Heroes deal damage physically before they reach their target (the hero charges, deals damage, THEN swings his/her sword).

2. Not a bug per se....but, countless typos in all parts of the game (and Magic Resistance: Frost breath failed!...STILL hasn't been fixed).

* The text box's assumption in C3M4 that Thralsai will raze your town with his army is somewhat flawed (at least in Normal...I defeated him without the bonus dragons). *

3. Hard/Heroic STILL can't run.

C'mon Nival...this is starting to get ridiculous! ;|

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 01 Jan 2007, 11:25

winterfate wrote:.
3. Hard/Heroic STILL can't run.|
...What? Never had any such problems with 1.4 or 2.0.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 01 Jan 2007, 20:48

8| Let me rephrase that:

I meant that Hard/Heroic won't run from battle.

There we go! (I'll admit it was phrased kind of oddly :) ).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”