What's happening with WoG 3.59?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Khadras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

What's happening with WoG 3.59?

Unread postby Khadras » 21 Sep 2006, 05:05

Hi! What is happening with the WoG 3.59? It will appear this year or the project is closed? Work someoane for it?
WoG is the BEST! (without annoying BUGS)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Sep 2006, 07:03

Yes, we are working on WoG. Still, unceasingly. Which however not mean that the final release is happenig to be forseeable, depends on Slava... and he is too busy atm.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

JRRNeiklot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JRRNeiklot » 23 Sep 2006, 04:09

Sigh. Go ahead, continue adding more crap that doesn't work. I have an old pickup that doesn't run. I think I'll go add ground effects and a frigging DVD player to the fucker.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 23 Sep 2006, 06:30

JRRNeiklot wrote:Sigh. Go ahead, continue adding more crap that doesn't work. I have an old pickup that doesn't run. I think I'll go add ground effects and a frigging DVD player to the ****.
The only major thing that doesn't work is combat scripts in MP and that's because it seems almost impossible to get them to work without access to the source code. :(

But for single player or MP without combat scripts, it's mostly working very well. :)
- Fnord

JRRNeiklot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JRRNeiklot » 23 Sep 2006, 13:02

I can give you a list of people a mile long who have yet to get mp to work.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Sep 2006, 14:39

JRRNeiklot wrote:I can give you a list of people a mile long who have yet to get mp to work.
Well, so what's the problem then?

Here is tournament release and some others subvariations and to the matter of so much scripts which are included in WoG they are still under development, redoing master wogify interface included. To simplify it.

In fact, lots of scripts was repaired already, see, they are available in wog testing group...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

JRRNeiklot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JRRNeiklot » 23 Sep 2006, 15:27

The problem is every single time two humans meet in combat, the game freezes up with the "it's your turn", "No, it's your turn," bug. But no one on the WOG team seems to give a shit, since single player works fairly well. They keep slapping more and more extra stuff in without bothering to fix the current version. A lot of us would love to play WOG, but have absolutely zero interest in single player.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 23 Sep 2006, 16:29

JRRNeiklot wrote:The problem is every single time two humans meet in combat, the game freezes up with the "it's your turn", "No, it's your turn," bug.
???

i dont have that bug. i have wog 3.58, i havent patched it any way other than downloading the wog, but combat between human players runs flawless for me. both wogified and not.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 23 Sep 2006, 18:53

JRRNeiklot wrote:The problem is every single time two humans meet in combat, the game freezes up with the "it's your turn", "No, it's your turn," bug. But no one on the WOG team seems to give a ****, since single player works fairly well. They keep slapping more and more extra stuff in without bothering to fix the current version. A lot of us would love to play WOG, but have absolutely zero interest in single player.
Horn has been running MP tournament games of WoG without problems as far as I know. He reported on a very successful tournament recently.

I've been playing some MP games of WoG too. I ran into problems when enabling combat scripts but so far, none when they're not enabled (with the exception of two known hard-coded bugs that will both be fixed in 3.59 -- one being the arrow tower experience, under certain conditions, and the other is the stack XP gremlin mines).

Of course there may be other problems with stack XP or even other features but unless they show up and can be identified, it's obviously impossible to fix them.

I have encountered other non-combat script bugs on occasion, some which I was able to pinpoint and fix and others not, but we can only do our best. We've been working on script updates continually for the past year (as well as writing new scripts).

If you want to arrange to play an MP game with me, I'll be happy to do so, although we'll both have to use Hamachi because I'm unable to connect through the router without it (for any Heroes III game, not just WoG). Since Hamachi provides a more stable connection (except on the rare occasions that the Hamachi network goes down), it's a good thing to use anyway.
- Fnord

sputnik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sputnik » 19 Oct 2006, 13:33

Pol wrote:Yes, we are working on WoG. Still, unceasingly. Which however not mean that the final release is happenig to be forseeable, depends on Slava... and he is too busy atm.
I wonder if those scripts are meant for the 3.59 version:
Sagamosa scripts
Royal Residence
Enhanced Arena
Architect

Just waiting for 3.59... :-D

blacktrance
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby blacktrance » 23 Oct 2006, 13:22

I seem to recall something being said a long time ago about it being released after H5. Well, H5 has been released.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 24 Oct 2006, 01:48

blacktrance wrote:I seem to recall something being said a long time ago about it being released after H5. Well, H5 has been released.
Sorry...did we say H5? We meant H6. Yeah, that was it..H7. :)
- Fnord

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 24 Oct 2006, 03:14

No Fnord....I believe it was H8.....H10 was shelved for one reason or another. Death of old age by the team was why it would'nt be released before H10.

To the masses:

Slava has'nt given up people. He's making some bling right now. Who could blame him? Patience has it's virtues. Once he comes back, and he will, you'll be most impressed. Trust me. You just gotta hang on a little longer than you had hoped for. Let the man make a little profit from his talent. He's aware that WoG must go on. He loves the game more than you or I.

sputnik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sputnik » 21 Nov 2006, 18:08

I've stumbled upon this site: Pol's note url address removed, site is under construction, when the time will come in it will be revealed.
What kind of site is it, anyway? And is it only for the WOG team? More info, please. :)

Now to the 3.59 questions. Someone called "Tetra100" had something he called "Architect". Is that script available for the 3.59 version?

There is no dwelling for the ghosts. (I know I have to destroy a castle for recruit them in my army or upgrade my Necropolis town.)
There is no ghost dwelling in the map maker.
Is a ghost dwelling included in 3.59?

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 21 Nov 2006, 20:54

there is no ghost dwelling in WOG
Beholder

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 22 Nov 2006, 18:59

Beholder wrote:there is no ghost dwelling in WOG
But, of course, there is no reason why you couldn't script one. In fact, some of the campaign maps have recruitable ghosts from a map site.

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 28 Nov 2006, 20:50

I've been using MP WOG and playing very well, my problem and my only wish for 3.59 is to be able to improve and fix the MP combat scripts, specially for spells and for using the quick combat options.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 01 Dec 2006, 13:31

afaik torunament 'eddition' fixes some MP bugs, try to take a look at it
Beholder

Khadras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

It is possible to play WoG 3.59 in 2007?

Unread postby Khadras » 30 Dec 2006, 16:10

So i come back with my question. What is happening with the WoG Team? Did anyone work to the WoG 3.59 project right now? Or is a beautifull holiday for everybody? Slava is busy right now (december 2006)? Or he works on WoG 3.59?
WoG is the BEST! (without annoying BUGS)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Dec 2006, 19:32

The WoG is still under progress and pretty active. Slava, on the other hand, is still not back.
"We made it!"

Return to “Wake of Gods”