Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 13:34

I want my 4,000 posts back from the other forum.

I look like a NOOB.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2006, 14:47

Nobody cares about post counts anymore; it's all about ranks now. You've been given a special one - "Round Table Knight". Only very special members get that one. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Dec 2006, 17:43

In Romania kids used to go out from house to house on the 24th singing Christmas carols and receiving various goodies from the hosts, sometimes even some money. That's how we did it when I was a kid, dunno if today's youngsters keep up the tradition... The 25th is also an important date, but not as much as the 24th, when Moş Crăciun* comes to distribute presents :D

* Santa Claus' name in Romanian actually means 'Old Man Christmas'
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 20:36

Ahhh... thanks Kalah. You're just bursting with sweetness these days. You're going to totaly make people forget that you are a Goose and the Game Nazi.

;)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2006, 20:59

Hey, I even *honk* opened up a spam game for *honk* Christmas! ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 21 Dec 2006, 20:59

Goose and the Game Nazi.
Kalah.....what did ScarlettP mean by that? :devil:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2006, 21:05

I was called the Game Nazi (it's a Seinfeld reference - remember the Soup Nazi?) because I was the mod taking control of games on the forum via this thread. It started back in the old forum actually. I was setting up some rules to how many games we could have at a time because they were simply popping up like mushroom and taking over the whole forum. Some times my mod actions may have been a bit... zealous. Hence the reference.

"Goose" was something Scarlett called me when I did something like that, shutting down a game or something. Not quite sure why that particular word was used, but hey, what guy can possibly resist being referred to as poultry?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 21 Dec 2006, 21:09

Never seen Seinfeld myself. btw, zealous isn't always a bad thing ;).
what guy can possibly resist being referred to as poultry?
I know I can't ;) :tongue:.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Dec 2006, 21:17

@Kalah
Do my archiving activities in that thread make me your trusted sidekick?
:D

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 21 Dec 2006, 22:24

Kalah wrote:It started back in the old forum actually. I was setting up some rules to how many games we could have at a time because they were simply popping up like mushroom and taking over the whole forum. Some times my mod actions may have been a bit... zealous. Hence the reference.
Ooh, I had forgotten about that. My very first thread at the old RT was pulverized and locked by the Game Nazi. Those were the days. :D
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 21 Dec 2006, 22:50

I remember gravyluvr's "how long can a thread title and poll options be" thread...
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2006, 23:01

@TlD: more like a tolerated comical relief :D

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 23:53

*Giggle* It's a Southern American thing to call someone a "Silly Goose." Normally, it means someone who does something annoying but doesn't actualy understand that they are being a pain in the butt. Geese also have a very BAD tendancy to HONK at people. When I first called Kalah a Goose, he didn't seem to be very happy about it - so I ended up using it as a way to annoy the heck out of him. After a while, it sort of became a rather strange endearment - sort of like "Dear Heart"... but not QUITE that friendly. :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Dec 2006, 00:02

Happy to see more people have found the Random Thoughts page and are using it. Hehe. Well all I can say is welcome to Random Thoughts :). And have a happy and safe holiday season, hold on to the ones you love, and just stop look arround and realise that life can be as good as you want to make it. Family, friends (even internet ones), and good will is what these holidays are about. Remember this also, the holidays have become a time of recieving, but it is a time of giving. It doesn't have to be the most expensive or newest technological marvel, but something from the heart. Even a warm handshake, a friendly hug, or a loving kiss (even on the cheek) can make somebody's day brighter. Who knows, that person may go on to make somebody elses day brighter, and so on. Just think, you could be responsible for 100 people having a great day...so...happy holidays!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 22 Dec 2006, 01:50

Thank you Mytical ;) :hug:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Dec 2006, 02:42

I just heard something: a girl I knew came into the shop where I work a few months ago, and I was in the process of placing some freshly baked danishes out on the shelves when I saw her. I gave her one for free just to be nice. What I just heard was that she had been having a really rotten day that day, breaking up with her boyfriend and everything, and that one little kind gesture had actually been enough to turn it all around for her and save her day.

So remember that, the next time you see someone you know, how little it takes to make someone's day a bit better.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 22 Dec 2006, 03:12

Good for you! I sort of did the same thing a few days ago. I had run out of some stuff - Crisco and Eggs - for my holiday baking. I ran over to the grocery to get some and noticed that my normally sweet, chipper check-out guy looked very depressed. I took my supplies home, grabbed some cookies that I had already made, arranged them on a paper plate and carried them back to the store for the boy. Poor dear, he looked like he was going to break down and cry right there on the spot. I gave him a little hug and told him "Merry Christmas. Everything is better with chocolate!"

Tonight, when I went back for more flour, he was there, smiling and chipper as normal. He thanked me again for the cookies. He said they really made his day. I told him that he looked like someone had just run over his dog. He aggreed that Yes, he really had been having a bad day. I told him that I was glad to see him smiling again.

You just never know what a SMALL thing can do to really help some one out. Either a friend, or someone you just met. Sometimes, the strangers appreciate it even more.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 23 Dec 2006, 17:00

My random thought for today: I just found out my brother is getting married. Now that's a Christmas present for my future sister-in-law :-D

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 23 Dec 2006, 19:58

Tomorrow I'm going to a party (wohooo...Chirstmas Eve!) :yes: .

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Dec 2006, 10:50

Future Scriptwriter? On a lark I found a website that said that they submit (for free mind you) story ideas for shows. Not taking it too seriously I submitted an idea, and have recieved a chance to go to hollywood (all expenses paid) and pitch the idea in person. I am a little weary about this, as it could be some sort of tactic to get me alone, but I recieved 3 first class tickets. I called the BBB and gave them the name of the 2nd company (the first just submitted the idea, the 2nd was interested) that I can not disclose because of an agreement I made. They vouched for the company, so it is ligit..so I will be traveling to California to submit my idea with my brother (Law Enforcement, huge, and very protective), and my cousin (even bigger, worked in lumber yard most of his life, very protective). Still I am not taking any chances, I left a complete list of when I should be at specific places, and taken other procautions.

Anyhow, if they do accept my script I would be a future scriptwriter, though I seriously doubt they will. So ... I will be leaving Jan 2, but should be back Jan 4. Wish me luck.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Return to “Campfire”